Did Deano Kill Lucy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
Forum Member
even though he isn't a suspect,i am wondering if they will throw another curveball,and reveal that deano tried to rape lucy,but killed her instead...so he wont be charged with rape but murder instead.

Comments

• llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it could be Dean at one point, I doubt it now though since he's not a suspect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    haha i suggested that too, along with few others on here more like
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I doubt it.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be one of the most disappointing reveals if it was. Much rather it was Abi Branning to be honest.

Revealing Dean as Lucy Beale's murderer would make writing his character a convoluted mess. He is in the firing line of all Carters not named Shirley or Stan. Shabnam has just revealed that he is the father of her daughter whom she abandoned. These two plots give him plenty to work with.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be one of the most disappointing reveals if it was. Much rather it was Abi Branning to be honest.

Revealing Dean as Lucy Beale's murderer would make writing his character a convoluted mess. He is in the firing line of all Carters not named Shirley or Stan. Shabnam has just revealed that he is the father of her daughter whom she abandoned. These two plots give him plenty to work with.

This.

It's called eastenders not the Dean show.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought it was Dean as he returned around the same time that Lucy died but now he is the dad to Shabnam's baby I don't think they would give him another twist so quickly.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

dazza89 wrote: »
    I always thought it was Dean as he returned around the same time that Lucy died but now he is the dad to Shabnam's baby I don't think they would give him another twist so quickly.

I agree. Also, we know Dean does not face jail time and he would if he had killed Lucy - the plot twist would be that he was imprisoned for a different crime but if he doesn't get imprisoned at all, it's clear he couldn't have done it.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think he could be involved. Someone has spotted Jay sniffing, Dean did that too in a few scenes when he first arrived. He was back the week before Lucy died and he hung about the place before that (remember the hooded figure smoking looking at Shirely?) They've made him a rapist, I wouldn't be surprised if they made him a drug dealer as well!
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it just be major overkill of the character?

A rapist, a father to a child he has no knowledge of, and a murderer. Making him Lucy's killer would be Bryan Kirkwood style writing.