Amy and Rory's house

13»

Comments

• Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How to know which house to go to...

Allocated parking spaces with the house number next to the Jag.

A key ring with the address on it.

Mr and Mrs Williams written on the doorbell*

Amy's dream house that they'd told him about but couldn't afford - like Rory's dream car.

*I'm assuming everyone noticed that he called Amy "Williams" instead of "Pond".
    Yes, definitely noticed, geography teacher :)
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Just a pointer - not saying it proves anything but it does seem to narrow the options down a bit.

Regardless of where the new house is, Amy and Rory were definitely in Leadworth at the start of LKH since that's where the crop circle was made - it said so on the front of the Leadworth Chronicle.
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question triggered by combining a couple of discussions somewhere in this forum (too many threads all talking about the same thing makes it difficult to keep treack)...

The Doctor gave them a new house - we can only guess what happened to the contents of their old one. Even if we assume the house was rented as fully furnished, their personal possessions would still have been there.

What happened to their goldfish?

It was on the worktop in TIA - in a classic round goldfish bowl, just like the one in the hotel that the Doctor wanted to save.

Nevermind the bloody goldfish, Minky, what about the babbbbyyyy? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I'll make this easy....

House 1:
    Amy lives with Aunt and crack at the start of last season, at the end (TBBT) Parents are back so it's their house. Amy & Rory marry, a new home is needed; as Amy moves out.

House 2:
    Start of this season TIA, is most lightly rented since they're a newly married couple starting out in a life together.

House 3:
    A new house, gifted to Rory and Amy by the Doctor and not the same house as House 2.

Also before anyone starts a topic about House 3 being House form The Doctor's Wife, it's not... it's just a normal house.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wizartar wrote: »
    I'll make this easy....

House 1:
    Amy lives with Aunt and crack at the start of last season, at the end (TBBT) Parents are back so it's their house. Amy & Rory marry, a new home is needed; as Amy moves out.

House 2:
    Start of this season TIA, is most lightly rented since they're a newly married couple starting out in a life together.

House 3:
    A new house, gifted to Rory and Amy by the Doctor and not the same house as House 2.

Also before anyone starts a topic about House 3 being House form The Doctor's Wife, it's not... it's just a normal house.

It's not just a house its a mansion - worth a small fortune if in London
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor plonked them in that street so they can keep an eye on the neighbours.:D

also wasn't it funny that the first part of the Rory's car registration plate said EH,:confused:
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Leadworth has a posh bit that we haven't seem before?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Maybe Leadworth has a posh bit that we haven't seem before?

Upper Leadworth? From Amy's Choice?
  • Mokey76Mokey76 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Of course they could've only been away from the house in TIA for a few days seeing as they're time travellers? And we still don't know how they got home after AGMGTW?
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mokey76 wrote: »
    And we still don't know how they got home after AGMGTW?

We do - River's vortex manipulator.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could there be a nursery in the house and the baby is with a babysitter.:confused: When Rory went in the house, he didn't go upstairs?

It just seems anything is possible in this series.:D

the doctor did say "maybe there's a bigger, scarier adventure waiting for you in there" meaning in the house.:D
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    the doctor did say "maybe there's a bigger, scarier adventure waiting for you in there" meaning in the house.:D

Taken alongside Rory's earlier remarks, I think the "bigger, scarier adventure" is just "life".

Or maybe, he means the trouble they'll have trying to explain to the taxman where the house and car came from when he declares it unearned income and gives them 30 days to pay £125,000 in gift tax or he'll send the bailiffs round and have them prosecuted and imprisoned for tax evasion - not to mention that the police will want to know where a (very part-time) NHS nurse and an unemployed kiss-o-gram got almost half a million quid over-night ad why they didn't declare it on their working-tax credits application - or talking to the reporters who were told by their neighbours that the new people on the street walked out of a blue box that suddenly appeared - without planning permission, godammit - and then disappeared again.

Basically, he just stitched them up. Maybe he's making it so they'll have to stay in the Tardis to stay out of prison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taken alongside Rory's earlier remarks, I think the "bigger, scarier adventure" is just "life".

Life is this and that and other stuff, what is said and unsaid, what is there and not there. :D
    Forum Member

Or maybe, he means the trouble they'll have trying to explain to the taxman where the house and car came from when he declares it unearned income and gives them 30 days to pay £125,000 in gift tax or he'll send the bailiffs round and have them prosecuted and imprisoned for tax evasion - not to mention that the police will want to know where a (very part-time) NHS nurse and an unemployed kiss-o-gram got almost half a million quid over-night ad why they didn't declare it on their working-tax credits application - or talking to the reporters who were told by their neighbours that the new people on the street walked out of a blue box that suddenly appeared - without planning permission, godammit - and then disappeared again.

Basically, he just stitched them up. Maybe he's making it so they'll have to stay in the Tardis to stay out of prison.
    I believe this years Christmas Special is called "The night before Taxmas"... The Doctor and trusty companions have 24 hours to rewrite history and lodge Rory's tax returns before they get evicted into the snow and have to eat dinner at the Leadworth's soup kitchen.
    Forum Member
    Wizartar wrote: »
    I believe this years Christmas Special is called "The night before Taxmas"

A hell of a lot of civil servants really do look like Silents.

Work it out....

They've been around for centuries - they create nothing of their own and live entirely off the work of other people - they sneak around in the background and are mostly ignored - they control even the most powerful world leaders - when you try to control their numbers, you can never actually know how many of them there are...

...and they live in sewers and sleep hanging upside-down from the rafters - whilst wearing cheap polyester suits.

Honest.
    Forum Member
    A hell of a lot of civil servants really do look like Silents.
    They got Bing Crosby!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-2Tnp9whDU
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I think people are over examining this. The house is the same one from the Impossible Astronaut. The car was the gift.

When they exited the Tardis and Rory went into the house he came out with three glasses and a bottle of what I can only guess was champagne. Why would he do that if it was not their own house unless we are saying that the Doctor popped into the local Tesco to do some shopping for them! :p Plus they seemed to know where they were when the Tardis landed.

In the case of time lines they would have landed after the events of The Impossible Astronaut for Amy and Rory but there is still another 200 years (give or take) until the Doctor catches up and meets his death.

The house isn't the same as the one in TIA. They have different doors. Unless they got someon in while they were away to completely remodel their front door and its surrounds...
    Forum Member
    Dukeey22 wrote: »
    The whole house thing is explained in this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=52880530&posted=1#post52880530

Basicaly, my theory is that in TGC we saw versions of Amy and Rory back before TIA, And at the start of TIA, when amy and rory are in their house at the start of TIA its the same house that the doctor had given them, just further along in amy and rory's Timeline,
    More details in the link, and any questions will be answered there

No.

Not the same house at all.

Different front doors. Different street outside the front door. Certainly not the same Amy and Rory before they go to Utah.
    Forum Member
    True, and hopefully they had left some stuff in that rented house as the Doctor just took off at the end of AGMGTW with whatever Amy and Rory had brought to Utah still on the TARDIS!

Ahh! You say that, but at any point in the future for the Doctor, he could pop back in time to the day before they get to where they eventually end up living (city/town I mean, not house) and put the whole lot in storage, then post them the details...
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Ahh! You say that, but at any point in the future for the Doctor, he could pop back in time to the day before they get to where they eventually end up living (city/town I mean, not house) and put the whole lot in storage, then post them the details...

True, I'm clearly not thinking quickly enough! :o:p