Options

Girls Aloud - New Single - Children In Need 2012

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people were expecting a number 1 or something - the album and single have charted pretty much exactly where i thought they would.

Something New was a number 2, and would a been a number 1 if it was a week before or after. That on it's own shows they are still huge. It wasn't the strongest single and therefore dropped pretty quick, but the fact it did so well initially shows they're still very popular.

And a greatest hits, just 2 albums after the last, is never ever going to be massive, especially these days when you can download what songs you want. McFly's greatest hits also came out last week and went to number 21. If it was a whole new album things would be very different. It's also the most competitive time of year of course.

They've got a sell out tour too, and I think Beautiful Cause You Love will be another top 10.

They're still huge.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over the weekend, the music TV channels have been playing 'See the Day' a lot. I saw it four times within an hour on Sunday :D

I know it wasn't their biggest song, but I think it would have been a good idea, considering the time of year, to put that song on the GH.
  • Options
    wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    ronant wrote: »
    They've got a sell out tour too, and I think Beautiful Cause You Love will be another top 10.

I really don't think it has any chance of making the Top 20 let alone the Top 10, its out in a just a few weeks yet the video hasn't even been released, it also won't have a big TV performance to help it. Top all that with the fact its a very weak ballad (imo)
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget their royal variety performance tonight on itv1 :)
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten sold 38,758 copies last week.

Something New also sold 23,440 bringing it's total to 94,290.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales will boost tonight after their performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are they performing Something New or BCYLM? if its not the latter they made a foolish mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they performing Something New or BCYLM? if its not the latter they made a foolish mistake.

Neither, The Promise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Neither, The Promise.

Random but good for me as its one of my faves. That was GA at their peak. :)
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched them on the RVP, they were brilliant! They all sang great and looked terrific. The Promise is one of my favourite songs but it would have been good if they'd just sung half of the song and then gone into their new ballad. Would have been great publicity for it.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of them stepped up, so proud. They looked gorgeous too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really great performance on the RVP wasn't it? Love 'The Promise'! :)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    I think that was one of the best TV performances they have given of The Promise.. Nadine and Nicola were brilliant as usual, Kimberley didn't sound as strained as usual and Sarah gave her best vocal on that song since it's release
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that was one of the best TV performances they have given of The Promise.. Nadine and Nicola were brilliant as usual, Kimberley didn't sound as strained as usual and Sarah gave her best vocal on that song since it's release

Totally agree. All in tune, all sounded great, all looked like they were quite privileged to be there too! :)
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random but good for me as its one of my faves. That was GA at their peak. :)

wow u said something positive!!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Ten sold 38,758 copies last week.

Something New also sold 23,440 bringing it's total to 94,290.

39k is really good for the peak it made. I am sure by the end of the year, it will go over 100,000 making it Gold.
  • Options
    icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good performance on Variety but Sarah Harding is scary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chart Midweek Update:

Something New down 13 to #27

&

Ten is down 9 to #18.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭