Is Sam Bailey getting 35% of all votes?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I think they'd be happy with Sam Bailey winning, she may not be marketable as a pop artist but she could sell a lot of records like Susan Boyle has.

I think they'd welcome a female winner, and an Over winning as well.

You don't really understand why Susan Boyle sold millions of her debut album. Her viral audition video with 100+ million hits on YouTube. Sam Bailey has nothing like that.

At the age of 35, Sam just isn't marketable and the chances of radio touching her songs are slim. Her winner's single right after her win should sell, based on hype alone. But after that? I just don't see her selling singles or albums.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind Sam winning tbh, she's an impressive singer if not to my taste. But if it's true she's out *so* far ahead in the votes, this is going to be the dullest climax to a series since Leona winning.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to see that
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    You don't really understand why Susan Boyle sold millions of her debut album. Her viral audition video with 100+ million hits on YouTube. Sam Bailey has nothing like that.

At the age of 35, Sam just isn't marketable and the chances of radio touching her songs are slim. Her winner's single right after her win should sell, based on hype alone. But after that? I just don't see her selling singles or albums.

Susan Boyle was on US TV and appeared all over the world within days of her audition, Screwbo has been on the X Factor for months and is still mostly unknown in this country which is why you're right.

If Screwbo does win it will mean nothing and she will go down the line of the singers that won BGT and forgotten about in months.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I think they'd be happy with Sam Bailey winning, she may not be marketable as a pop artist but she could sell a lot of records like Susan Boyle has.

I think they'd welcome a female winner, and an Over winning as well.

....and Sharon's triumphant return to the panel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unless they are planning to release a covers album for mothers or fathers day, Prison Bird will not win.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really surprise me. There is dwindling interest in the programme, but what talk there is about the show is nearly all about Sam Bailey. Of course, this may not necessarily transfer into votes, but if the leak is true it apparently has already.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She bores me to tears:yawn:
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun claiming she's unbeatable...

This could all be a controlled press leak to make her fans complacent and leverage one of the more marketable acts into the lead.

Far as I'm concerned this article is merely to increase voting revenue, if your fav isn't Sam B this article is meant to think s**t better get voting.
    I don't see this as pimping either as people might think she is safe....this with increased votes elsewhere will move her position which I believe is the reason for the article they powers that be don't want her winning I reckon, which is a shame as she can sing and is likeable,

I won't be surprised if we start seeing drip fed articles of people who have worked with her from the cruise ships or anything along the lines of "she isn't as likeable as she seems" type stuff