Playstation 4 questions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey there, I have been an owner of an 360 since 2010 and I have decided to go back to Sony and to the PS4 because of the X-Box one's price and need for the Kinect.

Just to clarify a few points please:
1. Is Fifa 14 being released for the PS4?
2. Is the PS4 backwards compatible?
3. Can you use the PS3 peripherals like controllers on the PS4?

Cheers

Comments

• Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there, I have been an owner of an 360 since 2010 and I have decided to go back to Sony and to the PS4 because of the X-Box one's price and need for the Kinect.

Cheers

1.Yes
    2.Not physically. You will be able to use a cloud service to purchase older games.
    3.Some headsets will work. Unsure about PS3 controllers, however will be unlikely to work.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers

As the other person answered the first two, I'll answer your last one :)

The PS3 controllers will not work, although the move controllers will be compatible with the PS4 as long as you can the camera.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame controllers wont be able to carry over, those things are expensive.

Its a shame they couldn't carry the controllers over for players two to four because all the basic functions are the same. The touch pad isn't going to get used for much past menus (Which player one could control) and gimmicky grenade flickering type things which will have an optional button way to do the same thing anyway.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Its a shame controllers wont be able to carry over, those things are expensive.

Its a shame they couldn't carry the controllers over for players two to four because all the basic functions are the same. The touch pad isn't going to get used for much past menus (Which player one could control) and gimmicky grenade flickering type things which will have an optional button way to do the same thing anyway.

But it fragments the market if not all players have touch pad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it fragments the market if not all players have touch pad.

If you're playing split screen are all players going to need a touch pad?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £54 is a bit of a joke, it has to be said.

I believe they are all sold on sale-or-return, allowing Sony to essentially fix the price and is why you very rarely get deals on them.

Indeed, the one I bought had PROPERTY OF SONY RETURN TO SUCH AND SUCH ADDRESS stickers all over it.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    tbh, any price listing now is a place holder.

Dont think any prices other than what the console will cost, has been confirmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »

Dont think any prices other than what the console will cost, has been confirmed.

PS3 controllers are already pricey enough, they can cost the same price as a new game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS3 controllers are already pricey enough, they can cost the same price as a new game.

I need a new PS3 controller for two player games myself, so the price is a concern for me right now

There are two ways to look at the price though

Consumers: they should be cheaper £39.99 is way to much, that is a brand new game

Retailers/Sony: Regardless of what consumers think, we'll keep the price of controllers high and even though people might complain there is nothing they can do about it because they can't use the console without one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »

Not so, Sony gave pricing for the console, controller and Eye at E3.

Console is £349, controller is £54 and the Eye is £44.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're playing split screen are all players going to need a touch pad?

It depends on the game obviously, but if you cant guarantee all have a touch pad then you cant make full use of the feature.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Retailers/Sony: Regardless of what consumers think, we'll keep the price of controllers high and even though people might complain there is nothing they can do about it because they can't use the console without one

The console comes with a controller doesn't it? :confused:
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be no loading screens?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be no loading screens?

Depends on the game. Its not like its a PC with an SSD drive ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The console comes with a controller doesn't it? :confused:

I meant a second controller for splitscreen/ co op

I mean who buys a game like Fifa (or other such games) and doesn't invite friends around to be play it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I mean who buys a game like Fifa (or other such games) and doesn't invite friends around to be play it

Fair enough, but we are back to the fragmenting the market.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member

my friends and i all bring our own controllers if we go to each others houses - at the moment having different colour pads helps distinguish whos is whos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When I buy a new console its normally 6-12months before I add a second controller, then its many months possibly years before I get 3 or even 4 controllers if I ever bother getting that many.

Currently when I do play a bit of local co-op on something like LBP its normally the 'none gamers' that get the DS3 controller while the 'proper gamers' like myself play on the slightly broken Sixaxis controllers.

Been able to play something like Fifa or LBP 4 player from day one because of PS4 been compatible with DS3 or players 2-4 would be a huge thing for me even if the people playing on DS3 had to play with a 'retro' control scheme.

I know it will never happen, but its a shame something couldn't have been sorted out for some games with local multiplayer.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the game. Its not like its a PC with an SSD drive ;):D

I mean like on Skyrim when everytime she do something like open a chest or something,,, there's a wait.. get's annoying
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean like on Skyrim when everytime she do something like open a chest or something,,, there's a wait.. get's annoying

Thats very game specific. I played that on PC and chests didn't have loading screens.