Dr Christian Jessen channel 4

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching him on Supersize Superskinny and he looks seriously freakier than ever.

I don't get it ..... He's on there discussing body image and feeling good about yourself (albeit weight wise) and he looks like something from a wax works. His face looks like he's had big chunks cut out of it and fillers put in other places, his eyebrows look like none I have ever seen in my life. He cannot look at himself in a mirror and think he looks good or even normal. I would have thought a doctor would have had more sense.

Comments

• MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think by his own admission he's a vain man.

He looks a bit strange.
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's lovely. He's very kind and caring. His face is a bit "Mount Rushmore" but I still like him.
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure he has body dysmorphia, so never being satisfied with his image. If you look at his twitter, he's always in the gym.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he has body dysmorphia which is a serious condition , I think you owe him an apology.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that, given his line of work, his face is.....distracting at times.

He must have had a lot done and is obviously continuing with it.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he has body dysmorphia which is a serious condition , I think you owe him an apology.

I never knew that. So he looks in a mirror and sees a different person to how he really is? He's had all this work done, so surely this can't help with that. His image is changing all the time.

I don't understand it at all. I will apologise though.:)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    That's sad. He's starting to look like a Thunderbird puppet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is possibly another reason his face looks like it does, but it probably isn't fair to speculate about that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I think he's lovely. He's very kind and caring. His face is a bit "Mount Rushmore" but I still like him.

Mount Rushmore ! :D ...he's an odd bloke isn't he? ...in school we were convinced the beige underwear on the contestants was for his own benefit :D:p
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    There is possibly another reason his face looks like it does, but it probably isn't fair to speculate about that!

:confused: ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    :confused: ?

Well the sort of 'sunken' look he has is similar to a side-effect you get from taking certain drugs for a certain condition.
    Forum Member
    the curtains don't help bless him.
    Forum Member

I howled when I read this thought you meant something else...gutter mind.:blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Well the sort of 'sunken' look he has is similar to a side-effect you get from taking certain drugs for a certain condition.

You've lost me. What condition?
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but I've always found him somewhat smug and slightly in love with himself.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Just watching him on Supersize Superskinny and he looks seriously freakier than ever.

I don't get it ..... He's on there discussing body image and feeling good about yourself (albeit weight wise) and he looks like something from a wax works. His face looks like he's had big chunks cut out of it and fillers put in other places, his eyebrows look like none I have ever seen in my life. He cannot look at himself in a mirror and think he looks good or even normal. I would have thought a doctor would have had more sense.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his face. From the way you're talking you'd think his face was botoxed to hell!
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything wrong with his face. From the way you're talking you'd think his face was botoxed to hell!

Well,I think you're alone on here.;-)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted. Not worth the hassle
  • Nuggets69Nuggets69 Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    http://www.heatworld.com/upload/150821/hot-body.jpg

This is him topless, he definitely looks after himself.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the strangely oversized Harry Hill collars on his colourful stripy shirts. Is he self-conscious about the size of his neck, or something?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I once passed him in Soho. I can confirm that he looks the same in the street as he does on TV, that is, quite odd looking - even though I'm sure he is a nice person.
    Forum Member
    I've read that he has 'muscle dysmorphia'.
    Forum Member
    You've lost me. What condition?
    They are probably implying Aids.

Of course, he's gay - he's bound to have it. (ROLLEYES!)
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

This OP cracked me up like I can't explain :D:D:D

:blush:
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are probably implying Aids.

Of course, he's gay - he's bound to have it. (ROLLEYES!)

no, the implication is that he has HIV (not Aids) and that he has lipodystrophy in the face, a side effect of HIV drugs (at least it was years ago, not now). The fillers are the attempt to correct it. And the people drawing that conclusion know the signs well, as do I. I'd put money on them being right.