Options

Jeremy Hunt suggests parents could use the internet for children's rash diagnosis

124»

Comments

• Options
    bigtunesbigtunes Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »
    The menengits trust have spoken out against hunt and diagnose rashes yourself as being dangerous and are against it

So they'll be pulling their Meningitis Signs and Symptoms app from the Play store then?

Hypocrites the lot of them.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »
    This is from the NHS website:

"Childhood rashes are very common and are often nothing to worry about. Most rashes are harmless and go away on their own.
    However, if your child has developed a rash and seems unwell, or if you're worried, you should see your GP to find out the cause and for any necessary treatment.
    The following guide may give you a better idea of the cause of the rash, but do not use this to self-diagnose your child's condition – always see a GP for a proper diagnosis."

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/skin-rash-children/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Personally, I would trust this information over a series of random posters on an entertainment forum.

Re: BIB

Personally, I would trust this information over anything contrary that Jeremy Hunt says.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    mungobrush wrote: »
    This is from the NHS website:

"Childhood rashes are very common and are often nothing to worry about. Most rashes are harmless and go away on their own.
    However, if your child has developed a rash and seems unwell, or if you're worried, you should see your GP to find out the cause and for any necessary treatment.
    The following guide may give you a better idea of the cause of the rash, but do not use this to self-diagnose your child's condition – always see a GP for a proper diagnosis."

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/skin-rash-children/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Personally, I would trust this information over a series of random posters on an entertainment forum.

Not the relevant circumstances though. If the child has a rash- for 118 hours a week there are no GPs. This implies you can wait up to three days before you go to one. The problem is what to do if your child needs someone earlier - and you have to make a judgement on the best information you have on whether its something that will wait, or something that needs a visit to a nd e. If everyone goes to a and e, a and e will stutter to a halt, if everyone waits, till a GP turns up to work, people will die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    A spoof about Mr Hunt, but made me chuckle.:)

http://druidsloom.co.uk/druid/helpful-hunt/
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been elected.
    His mate has put him in charge of the NHS.
    That makes him an expert.
    Thats the way our system works.
    Obviously superbly well.
  • Options
    The BrainThe Brain Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may surprise some people, but I think Hunt is completely right. He doesn't go far enough IMHO, though, and should have said that no one should visit a doctor unless they've stopped breathing. Just think of all the many it would save.