Pantomime Season 2011

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Starting off the collection of who is plying their trade where for 2011. Surprised that Henry Winkler is not Hooking anywhere this year.

Croydon Fairfield Halls has Larry Lamb as Aladdin, plus ‘fantastic West End Cast’.

Wolverhampton Grand Theatre: Snow White and The Seven Dwarves:
starring Linda Lusardi as The Wicked Queen, Sam Kane as The Prince, The Grumbleweeds as Muddles and Chambers and Niki Evans The Fairy!

I however have tickets booked for a Lesbian version of Dick Whittington for December. Bring it on. And before anyone kicks off, I've been to see one of these alternative Pantos before and trust me, there was much mickey taking of the PC to be had on the night. End of the day though, it's all about The Kiss.

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    This one seems more interesting for what has been happening behind the scenes http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15774478

He's going to plea "Oh no I didn't"
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Hasselhoff is playing Hook in Peter Pan at The he Bristol Hippodrome.
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopping today in The Glades in Bromley, I can report Patsy Kensit is playing Snow White, alongside Barney Harwood (Blue Peter?).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Partridge and Stephen Mulhern are in Cinderella at the Marlowe theatre in Canterbury.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely nothing can beat this for quality? :D
    The 2011/2012 pantomime at the Thameside Theatre, Grays is Aladdin starring Dean Gaffney (from EastEnders and I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here) as Wishee Washee and Brian Belo (Winner of Big Brother 8 and Presenter of Big Brother’s Little Brother) as the Genie! It runs for 53 performances between Wednesday 7 December 2011 to Wednesday 7 January 2012.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robinso Crusoe, Cardiff - Biggins and some guy who plays with puppets

http://www.pantoworld.co.uk/theatres/new-theatre-cardiff/robinson-crusoe-and-the-caribbean-pirates.php
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wimbledon Theater this year has Dame Edna god help us, and Sam Attwater from EE and DOI
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Glasgow's a re-run of last year - Jim Davidson etc at the Pavilion (Peter Pan) and John Barrowman and the Krankies at the Armadillo ( Robinson Crusoe)

All change at the Kings though - Karen Dunlop, Keith Jack and Clare Grogan in Sleeping Beauty.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Suzanne Shaw and Louie Spence are in Cinderalla in Manchester.
  • Sven945Sven945 Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone put a rough date on when pantos became a vehicle for former soap actors and the like? Though in the past there seems to be a new thing of having relatively big stars in (presumably just doing one scene and the finale?) like Pamela Anderson and David Hasselhoff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if there is a shortage of zelebs now, if Larry Lamb's Aladdin support is 'Fantastic West End cast'.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth Gates in Aladdin in Milton Keynes!

Next year he is going into Hair! With Zoe Birkett. :D
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rickmansworth has
    Jonathan Ansell as the prince in Cinderella
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Airam wrote: »
    Glasgow's a re-run of last year - Jim Davidson etc at the Pavilion (Peter Pan) and John Barrowman and the Krankies at the Armadillo ( Robinson Crusoe)

All change at the Kings though - Karen Dunlop, Keith Jack and Clare Grogan in Sleeping Beauty.

Apologies. Karen Dunbar!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len Goodman in Cinderella at Shanklin Theatre!
  • joan13joan13 Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stu Francis in Goldilocks & the three amazing bears at Bolton Albert hall:-)
  • Sapphire SunSapphire Sun Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Edinburgh has the awful Allan Stewart as per usual, hell they would welcome Dean Gaffney and thats saying something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    littlefro wrote: »
    I however have tickets booked for a Lesbian version of Dick Whittington for December. Bring it on. And before anyone kicks off, I've been to see one of these alternative Pantos before and trust me, there was much mickey taking of the PC to be had on the night. End of the day though, it's all about The Kiss.

Lesbian Dick Whittington sounds like a hoot. Anyone in or around the Milton Keynes/Bedford area can also catch an Adult Panto - Peter Pansy and the Pirates...check out www.peterpansy.com. The dame is played by Adam Strong who was a finalist in BBC1's Any Dream Will Do...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby Davro, Basil Brush and Jeffrey Holland performing in Aladdin at the Northampton Derngate
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have H from Steps in my town, Fareham. Considering it is a smallish town I wonder if he owned before he knew Steps were gonna make such a big splash in their comeback :-)

PJ
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Shane Richies in my local one, In the past 5 years we have had Joe Pasquale, Brian Conley, Chuckle Bros and Bradley Walsh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Cuz in Birmingham tells me they have Cinderella with Brian Conley, Linda Bellingham, and that effing glove puppet Basil Brush. Her words not mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Bit of a last minute fill in here... Sleeping Beauty at the Sheffield Lyceum starring Margi Clarke as the Wicked Queen (should have been Beverley Callard but she's ill), Sid Sloane (CBeebies) as the Jester, Dani Rayner (Over the Rainbow) as Sleeping Beauty and Damian Williams as Nurse Nellie.