Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• gilbert81gilbert81 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    This thread is the only reason I still watch Coronation Street!

It really has got stupid although I confess, I did have a giggle at the sign 'Kirkys Turkeys' :o
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Why would Fiz get Tyrone a card when they are meant to pretend they are having nothing to do with each other. Tyrone couldn't exactly put it up on his shelf even if Fiz hadn't accidentally dropped it conveniently.

Yes you are right. Fiz knows that if Kirsty got to know about her card she gave to Tyrone that it would all kick off again!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Something alluded to in the episode thread about Kirsty:
    mrbernay wrote: »
    So she's an hour late for work and is now on the phone!!!
    You would think Rob or Michelle would keep a tight leash on her moments after.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think Rob or Michelle would keep a tight leash on her moments after.

Maybe she opted to have an hour's pay docked.
  • ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor storylines again, is the Kirsty violence going to go on and on? I miss a few episodes and can catch up easily. It would be nice to have some happiness on the street for a change.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Since when have there been "shifts" in the bookie's?

I thought they just shut up shop every time the story demands it - I know that's so, because it always occurs to me that I'd hate to need to place a late bet there!

The whole thing with the bookies is a farce. Several times we've seen Leanne there on her own behind the counter which would be unheard of in any real betting shop, as you would need at least one other person to settle the bets and preferably at least three staff.

In one recent episode, she popped over to the Bistro and the Rovers for her lunch break leaving seemingly no-one behind to man the shop.

I seem to recall some episodes where Leanne closed the bookies for the day, which in reality would put them out of business, as they need to be open 363 days a year, otherwise punters would take their business to rival firms.
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biggest SOR last night, Sean saying to Eileen "it's nothing to do with us" when she shushed him listening to Tyrone & Kirsty's row. Sean not up for drama? As if.
  • xsharkxshark Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Tyrone supposed to have a hairy back? I seem to recall Maria waxing it a few years ago. In last night's episode when Fiz was looking at his wounds he was completely hairless.
    Forum Member
    xshark wrote: »
    Wasn't Tyrone supposed to have a hairy back? I seem to recall Maria waxing it a few years ago. In last night's episode when Fiz was looking at his wounds he was completely hairless.

I noticed tonight when Fiz was taking pictures of his wounds that his chest looked like he shaves it.My son's chest looks like that after it is shaved.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (deleted)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    My guess is its shaved so we can see the scars and bruises easier. Ive only watched corrie for a few years so wasnt aware that tyrone used to be hairy. Unless it was part of a storyline then i dont think its a sor that hes now shaven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let me see if I have this right.

is too skintight to buy Beth a present and afford a deposit in a flat.

So he decides to flog a van full of potentially stolen turkeys, sorry Turky's?

I assume he would have had to pay quite a lot for them, they virtually filled the freezer and counter at the butchers.

Then he finds out they were probably stolen so he dumps them in the canal.

Then not to let his customers down, he goes to Freshcos and buys another load of Turky's to replace the ones customers had ordered from dumped ones?

Assuming a turky costs on average £20 there were five on the counter, loads more on the shelves in the freezer, certainly more than you would find in a Freshcos freezer. They must have cost at least add those to the cost of the stolen ones, it would be over a grand.

Enough for the necklace or a deposit on a flat, possibly both.

Complete SOR and then Beth finding the necklace in a drawer, yet another SOR.

Slack writing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xshark wrote: »

I remember that too and Olly saying she liked hairy blokes when they first met.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »
    let me see if I have this right.

.................Then he finds out they were probably stolen so he dumps them in the canal.

Almost, but not quite right. He hears that the turkey vendor has been arrested, and jumps to the conclusion that the turkeys were stolen.

No doubt next week the "comedy" will be complete when he discovers the arrest had nothing to do with the turkeys.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Almost, but not quite right. He hears that the turkey vendor has been arrested, and jumps to the conclusion that the turkeys were stolen.

No doubt next week the "comedy" will be complete when he discovers the arrest had nothing to do with the turkeys.

How on earth or why would anyone steal frozen turkeys anyway? They were all labelled and sourced meaning if a batch had somehow been stolen, they would be easily traced and identifiable through their labels (and something as ridiculous as Christmas turkeys being stolen would probably make the headlines)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkys Turkeys made front page news.
    So Simon was meant to play Joseph but back out to go to Las Vegas, then he got the narrator job what about the other kid who was narrator.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of repetition with Sunita.

The kids are always watching a DVD, or asking for one, or being asked do they want one.

And she's always "calming" them down with her shouting as we hear their giggling offscreen.

I'm not surprised the actress quit as that's all she's had to do for the best part of six months.

Haha :D I noticed this too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »

Complete SOR and then Beth finding the necklace in a drawer, yet another SOR.

didnt beth say she had found the necklace amongst craigs things and kirk looked a bit confused so I thought we were meant to think craig had bought it (who apparently has plenty of money from flogging stuff at school)
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »

No doubt next week the "comedy" will be complete when he discovers the arrest had nothing to do with the turkeys.[/QUOTE]
    That is just what I said!
    If so, Kirk has thrown away the turkeys for nothing!
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget thre cost of electricity to keep that huge freezer going.

Is the cable still stretched accross the road - surly the residents, including Norris would have been suspicious?
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The whole thing with the bookies is a farce. Several times we've seen Leanne there on her own behind the counter which would be unheard of in any real betting shop, as you would need at least one other person to settle the bets and preferably at least three staff.

In one recent episode, she popped over to the Bistro and the Rovers for her lunch break leaving seemingly no-one behind to man the shop.

I seem to recall some episodes where Leanne closed the bookies for the day, which in reality would put them out of business, as they need to be open 363 days a year, otherwise punters would take their business to rival firms.

Who uses the betting shop anyway? The only gambler in Coronation St. was Jack Duckworth. Can't remember having seen anyone in there for years.
    Unless Emily is a secret gambler.
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Who uses the betting shop anyway? The only gambler in Coronation St. was Jack Duckworth. Can't remember having seen anyone in there for years.
    Unless Emily is a secret gambler.

Karl.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Karl.

But he got banned and Blanche died. And Sue Johnstone is off for a while. So there can't be anyone left to use it!
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    sarahcs wrote: »
    But he got banned and Blanche died. And Sue Johnstone is off for a while. So there can't be anyone left to use it!
    Karl was going in the bookies last week but it was shut.
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Kirkys Turkeys made front page news.

Did anyone else notice the text below was in Latin - apart from a little bit about Wayne Rooney?
This discussion has been closed.