Options

Daybreak: Ranvir Singh & Matt Barber

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I would like to see these two promoted up to the main show from their current slot. They have proper chemistry going on, more important they keep me interested in the morning's news and events. As a Midlander big up to hearing Ranvir's northern accent. Sorry but have to say that flatline Aled and forever giggling through sentences Lorraine are just not doing it for me.

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they do promote him let's hope they get his name right - it's Barbet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I posted almost the same thing. Ranvir and Matt look and sound more comfortable together and would appear to be able to handle serious news and lightweight stuff equally.

Unless something drastic happens to the main show soon I can't see it lasting till Christmas. This morning has been a disjointed shambles.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Ranvir, Aled and Laura Tobin all from the BEEB, and Chiles and Blakely before them ..... it makes me wonder if ITV actually have any talent of their own.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Matt came from CH5. He had more viewers presenting the 5pm news bulletin there than he does presenting the 6am hour on ITV.

Seriously though these two are the best thing about new Daybreak and they stick them on in the worst slot. It doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt also worked for the Beeb pre 5 News at BBC London.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir was excellent on BBC Northwest Tonight regional news prog. Its rather flat without her. Her bubbly personality and naturally warm easy style will be a plus for Daybreak
  • Options
    katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see the male presenter prettier than the woman
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My apologies for getting Matt's surname wrong.

I really do think that he and Ranvir should be allowed a go at the main slot, Perhaps on one of the normal Lorraine free Fridays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I think Ranvir and Matt are excellent together and have surprised a lot of people. Both are wonderful experienced journalists who can also be funny. There is nothing fake in how well they get on.

For me they can do both the 6-7 and 7-8:30 slot. Both serious and funny and this makes excellent breakfast TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ranvir and Matt are excellent together and have surprised a lot of people. Both are wonderful experienced journalists who can also be funny. There is nothing fake in how well they get on.

For me they can do both the 6-7 and 7-8:30 slot. Both serious and funny and this makes excellent breakfast TV.

Hope the bosses aren't reading this because, in their perverse way, they'll assume that Ranvir and Matt are the obvious reasons that people aren't tuning in to their beloved Queen Kelly and sack them!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope the bosses aren't reading this because, in their perverse way, they'll assume that Ranvir and Matt are the obvious reasons that people aren't tuning in to their beloved Queen Kelly and sack them!:D

Lorraine Kelly should go back to her usual slot and Kate Garraway should do both on certain days but the problem is what to do with Aled Jones. For me this show needs Ranvir and Matt to succeed. They were good together on This Morning but maybe the bosses think they're too serious. You need a fine balance.

Anyway all this is 100 times better than the Alan Partridge show with his WAG sidekick lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorraine Kelly should go back to her usual slot and Kate Garraway should do both on certain days but the problem is what to do with Aled Jones. For me this show needs Ranvir and Matt to succeed. They were good together on This Morning but maybe the bosses think they're too serious. You need a fine balance.

Anyway all this is 100 times better than the Alan Partridge show with his WAG sidekick lol.

But surely Kelly should go ? I've said before on another thread, they had a good team with Dan and Helen so they should have worked around Dan, Helen, Kate Thornton and another male with other stand bys like Nadia and Gethin maybe? Why any need for a lead couple?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But surely Kelly should go ? I've said before on another thread, they had a good team with Dan and Helen so they should have worked around Dan, Helen, Kate Thornton and another male with other stand bys like Nadia and Gethin maybe? Why any need for a lead couple?

I felt sorry for Dan Lobb. It was not his fault he had to deal with Alan Partridge (Chiles) and it is the same with the ex weather girl although I do like Laura Tobin her replacement.

You are guaranteed a particular audience with Kelly. Her show is similar to This Morning which is strong. Ranvir and Matt have impressed me as they show journalism and humour. I think Garraway can do this too. At the end of the day they should never have removed GMTV because of Alan Partridge.