Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

Care tae Expand ? ..... I for one think we missed him that day !! :(:(

When you think of BBJ you don't think of him missing the final.
  • Options
    UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Seems Neil Lennon informed Thompson he was being sacked, seems to be heading for the courts this one.

Find this hard to understand. Surely it will bring FIFA in again :eek:

:D
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    Well it's been a week since your national team got thrashed 5-1 by the USA, and unfortunately for Scotland it's not a case of us being that good.

We've since been thwacked 4-1 by Brazil, who practically trotted out their U-21 side and then Alexandre Pato, and tonight we inexplicably drew 0-0 (and clearly should've lost if not for a wrongly disallowed goal) to lowly Canada, who last beat us in 1985. Line-up to Scotland is pretty much the same for our last two matches.

So take that for what you will for your side.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celtic statement on Alan Thompson: http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2691
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Well it's been a week since your national team got thrashed 5-1 by the USA, and unfortunately for Scotland it's not a case of us being that good.

We've since been thwacked 4-1 by Brazil, who practically trotted out their U-21 side and then Alexandre Pato, and tonight we inexplicably drew 0-0 (and clearly should've lost if not for a wrongly disallowed goal) to lowly Canada, who last beat us in 1985. Line-up to Scotland is pretty much the same for our last two matches.

So take that for what you will for your side.

Scotland are awful but I think it was purely just bad timing to have the friendly after our domestic season has just finished. A needless long haul trip if you ask me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Euro 2012 squad were flying out to Amsterdam today to fly onto the Euro's.

Messrs Norris, Thomson and Collum. Couldn't look Craig Thomson in the eye, is that unprofessional of me :eek: to think they are the best we can offer for a major championship.

Also on the same flight was Celtic legend Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. I wonder what he was doing over here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does sacking people over the phone bring our game into disrepute

maybe fifa will have a non existent something to say about that too

what was thompson sacked for anyway? <genuine question
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    does sacking people over the phone bring our game into disrepute

maybe fifa will have a non existent something to say about that too

what was thompson sacked for anyway? <genuine question

He failed to turn up to a prearranged meeting in Newcastle so that's why Lennon told him over the phone, as for the reasons there are two trains of thought:

1. Thommo's lifestyle overstepped the mark once to often.

2. Neil Lennon simply wants to change things with the backroom team.

Either way it seems Thommo wants to get his compo sorted asap so everyone can move on.

Efrain Juarez has now officially returned to Mexico to join Club America.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Thommo has been sacked for 'lifestyle' issues then it is a sad day for all involved and I hope that Thommo gets the help he needs.

I hate to say this H-K-2007 but the new Hearts away shirt is pretty smart even if somewhat ruined by the sponsors logo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »

I hate to say this H-K-2007 but the new Hearts away shirt is pretty smart even if somewhat ruined by the sponsors logo.

Hibs yin is better ;)

It's launched on friday but if the leaked images are anything to go by....

Our new home kit is darker green aswell, looks smart.

Cue a link but link is now broken.....
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Thommo has been sacked for 'lifestyle' issues then it is a sad day for all involved and I hope that Thommo gets the help he needs.

Wonga! Wonga! Wonga!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »

Is it just me, or does that edit make it sound like the person is saying "One Gap", rather than "Wonga"???? :o:o
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does that edit make it sound like the person is saying "One Gap", rather than "Wonga"???? :o:o
    Put something in your mind while watching it.

e.g. "Warm Cup".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »

That is just wronga wronga wronga!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celtic being linked with a move for Hugo Rodallega, can't see it myself but would be a coup for the club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Celtic being linked with a move for Hugo Rodallega, can't see it myself but would be a coup for the club.

Would rather stick with who we have than bring him in.

Amsterdam prostitutes are out celebrating as it is confirmed that Celtic are playing Ajax in a friendly on 21st July.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewart reagan on ssn.... no deal will be done with rangers.... matter has been referred back to appelate tribunal

Good news!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Good news!!

He has also said that Rangers will not face any punishment for taking the SFA to the civil courts.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has also said that Rangers will not face any punishment for taking the SFA to the civil courts.

great

they CAN get away with anything!!!

******* cowards the lot of them :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to the Daily Record and Tam Cowan.

The Thai Tims have produced a song, especially for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AJMFAhK2_eM#
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    great

they CAN get away with anything!!!

******* cowards the lot of them :mad:

Or of course it could be them simply admitting that they made a balls-up from the start ... be interesting what they can come up with from here on in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amsterdam prostitutes are out celebrating as it is confirmed that Celtic are playing Ajax in a friendly on 21st July.

So I presume you'll be in attendance ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D

Would love to head over but can't get the time off or really afford it.

I've got The Stone Roses at the end of the month and I'm looking at booking up for the closing parties in Ibiza.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Timboy be going to the game though?;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question I meant to ask after the Scottish Cup final but forgot. What is your rating, out of 10, for your team this season?

I'd give Celtic a 7.

Got to a final and semi final but with disappointing outcomes, had a 'good' run of results in Europe and the league run we went on to overtake Rangers long before they went into administration was brilliant.

I realise it is all relative but it would have been an 8 if we'd got a double and 9 if we'd got the treble. Getting 2 away draws in Europe this season showed the team that they had a bit of strength and belief IMO.

Another question, which ex-SPL player would you still like to have in the league? Alexei Eremenko was superb at Killie, a player you really enjoyed watching.
This discussion has been closed.