Comments

• staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased to see King Rylan, Cher Lloyd & Jedward all featuring.
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far be it from me to question the financial journalistic sources of this but it's not exactly the Wall St Journal is it? It all seems a bit OTT to me. For example £775 million is about the entire annual economy of a typical Carribean island state.

Now doubtless 1D are worth a fortune and I doubt for example JLS are scrabbling for 50p for the electricity meter nor have the others not made quite a few quid by now (and good luck to them all), but , I'd rather see another source personally than rely wholly on this.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Little Mix are above Olly Murs considering he's been around longer and has had higher single and album sales! Nice to see them so high though.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Little Mix are above Olly Murs considering he's been around longer and has had higher single and album sales! Nice to see them so high though.

Little mix have more merchandise though and their book was out longer and they have endorsenents like the hairdye etcl and while olly has written some songs for his album I don't think he wrote on all the singles whereas little mix did. Although he has had 3 of his own tours and more support slots so I would've thought he is higher, maybe he gets more money spent on marketing so has more to pay back to his label? His videos also seem more expensive than lm.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    I tend to ignore these sort of ' rich lists'.... I saw one recently which had a couple of known bankrupts on it lol

How would the press have access to people's actual personal finances? Hmmm, very speculative and wildly inaccurate in all probability.
  • etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far be it from me to question the financial journalistic sources of this but it's not exactly the Wall St Journal is it? It all seems a bit OTT to me. For example £775 million is about the entire annual economy of a typical Carribean island state.

Now doubtless 1D are worth a fortune and I doubt for example JLS are scrabbling for 50p for the electricity meter nor have the others not made quite a few quid by now (and good luck to them all), but , I'd rather see another source personally than rely wholly on this.
    They're the first billion dollar boyband as far as reports go.

That's not how much is in their pockets though, it's just what they've earned and includes the cuts going to everyone but them.
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    etamine wrote: »
    They're the first billion dollar boyband as far as reports go.

That's not how much is in their pockets though, it's just what they've earned and includes the cuts going to everyone but them.

The article says "worth" which is a huge difference from "earned " - just like the rest of us! That said that figure wouldn't stack up either as I'm sure Cher has created more than 2.7m for her employers.

As I said I await a second source. Till then its a bit if speculative fun, that's all.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £775m is probably a grossly exaggerated figure that includes the entire One Direction brand (movie, merchandise etc) including all of their individual assets etc (properties, cars). I very much doubt that they all have £155m each as the article implies. They probably don't even have 10% of that.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Im probably being naive here but I didnt know LM had earned more than Olly and Cher and I'm a LM fan, so happily surprised :)
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon this time next year it will look very different. Cher will probably rocket into the top 5 after her sell out American tour, and new single and album this year.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    What a load of crap. Presumably the people who made this poll don't have access to the finances of the former contestants :rolleyes:
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And 1D are really just starting . With some better songs they can be huge for years.

Tbh i only liked one of their songs so far..... so it can only get better.
  • etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im probably being naive here but I didnt know LM had earned more than Olly and Cher and I'm a LM fan, so happily surprised :)

LM have gone to Japan lately, so I'd assume they're doing remarkably well :D