2»

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnnycash wrote: »
    Can't see this already posted anywhere, so:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11047951

Ou-est la swimming pool singer allegedly committed suicide. I find this really sad, he was only 22 and they were a good band. :cry:

RIP.

Did he actually commit suicide or did he just fall off? I mean, why did he do that? Does anyone know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Middle-class attention seeker playing the part of tortured musical genius. Without being a genius. :yawn:

what a horrible thing to say. you do realise that a man is dead. maybe you should show some respect. :mad:

anyway i'm quite shocked, it's such a waste, he was so young. Dance the way i feel takes on a whole new meaning :(
  • captainboocaptainboo Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Did he actually commit suicide or did he just fall off? I mean, why did he do that? Does anyone know?

Sadly, it was suicide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely shocked and a bit baffled by this when I read it on the way to work this morning.

Complete and utter waste of life and talent, thoughts go out to his friends and family, never an easy time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were my tip for this year. I really thought if they could get an album together with their few already good songs that they played live, they may have a real future for themselves. When I saw them play live Charles was the one that really stood out. His vocals carried every song, with a real urgency, passion and fluency all the while Caan came in with interludes every so often. But it was Charles who really was the main attraction that night. He nearly even superseded the headline act La Roux.

They took an agitated crowd and got them ready for the headline and the energetic Charles was a big part of it. I am so sad to here of his demise as I have constantly pushed Ou Est as an act to really make a breakthrough this year and their album was due out this October.

RIP Charles thank you for that great gig!