BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet29 wrote: »
    I alway thought all the shops were shut Good friday...shows how old i am:D

Hi flora hope you are well :D

im still using my juicer everyday:cool::D

Hi Scotty hope you are in fine fettle :D

aww how cute is that kitty:D

Morning Janet :D

Very well thanks Janet, hope same goes for you but seeing as you are still using the juicer I expect you are fighting fit :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Heehee, Gemo posted THIS on FB, it needs to be seen everywhere. :D

MY PET HATES

Afternoon guys:)

Someone sent me the above a while ago and I agree totally - there were others that I added to the list but I can't remember off hand what they were - they'll come back to me I'm sure:cool:
    Forum Member
    I alway thought all the shops were shut Good friday...shows how old i am:D

Hi flora hope you are well :D

im still using my juicer everyday:cool::D

Hi Scotty hope you are in fine fettle :D

aww how cute is that kitty:D

Hi Janet - juicers are great, I agree!

I'm sure M&S always used to close on GF and ES - aren't they owned by a Jewish family who observed EAster as a religious holiday? In fact I shopped yesterday assuming that they'd be closed today:confused:
    Forum Member
    Morning Flora, no, there's been a few flurries of snow, but it isn't lying (for now anyway). :D

How cute is this. HERE :D

Oh so cute, little poppet! Reminds me of OH first thing in the morning, he twitches and jumps - but not remotely cute:cool:
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Janet, I'm fine ta. You? :D
    I love its wee pink paws & tummy. :D
    it was a cutie i loved how the mother cat kept watching it:D

im fine thanks
    Morning Janet :D

Very well thanks Janet, hope same goes for you but seeing as you are still using the juicer I expect you are fighting fit :D
    i am indeed:D

good to hear you are well
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Hi Janet - juicers are great, I agree!

I'm sure M&S always used to close on GF and ES - aren't they owned by a Jewish family who observed EAster as a religious holiday? In fact I shopped yesterday assuming that they'd be closed today:confused:

i love it, i put allsorts in it (not liquorice Hicky :D)

i shopped to yesterday thinking they were closed

im having probs wth my lappy it doesnt recognise the router and says im not connected but my old lappy is....i need to investigate...google is my friend :cool: (well i hope it is haha)
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Flora, no, there's been a few flurries of snow, but it isn't lying (for now anyway). :D

Yes very :D
    Forum Member

im fine thanks

i am indeed:D

im having probs wth my lappy it doesnt recognise the router and says im not connected but my old lappy is....i need to investigate...google is my friend :cool: (well i hope it is haha)

I've had all kinds of problems with the PC and the lap tops for the last week or so - don't recognise the router, can't find a signal - I assumed in the end that it was caused by the weather:confused: Turning the modem off and on again helped some of the time - in fact OH has just come through with his laptop to say it's happened again:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had all kinds of problems with the PC and the lap tops for the last week or so - don't recognise the router, can't find a signal - I assumed in the end that it was caused by the weather:confused: Turning the modem off and on again helped some of the time - in fact OH has just come through with his laptop to say it's happened again:rolleyes:

it just seems odd that this old lappy can get online, ive not sorted the other but theres no rush.....its funny ive been looking in my browsing history on this lappy and there on the top was a link to 2007 SUC thread....made me smile reading
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    hello All :D

aw cuuuuute :D
    Heehee, Gemo posted THIS on FB, it needs to be seen everywhere. :D

MY PET HATES
    I fear people have totally given up trying to contain the wandering apostrophe...:(
    It's a clever cat that conduct with its' tail while asleep. Er, have I got that second apostrophe correct? We need Litts at a time like this....
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »

I fear people have totally given up trying to contain the wandering apostrophe...:(

It's a clever cat that conduct with its' tail while asleep. Er, have I got that second apostrophe correct? We need Litts at a time like this....

No you haven’t. The only time its has an apostrophe is when it is a shortening of it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

your just showing off:p:D

if im on a forum i dont worry much about apostrophes its enough to get me spelling right:D...although if i am giving in a piece of work it is spot on

hows Rupert doing?

edit ive fixed my lappy to :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    No you haven’t. The only time its has an apostrophe is when it is a shortening of it is.

I always get confused with apostrophe's (<<is that one right:confused:) but i think i know about it is :confused:
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

im fine thanks

i am indeed:.D

It was very cute, though a shame it stopped as mother cat got up :)

Evening all :)

Afternoon all. Brake pads fixed. The man who teaches mum how to use dad's ipad (he doesn't get a look in) :rolleyes: and her iphone (which she loves now) did them for me, and it only cost £70 Would have cost loads more at BMW. I watched him do it- not such a techy job when you see how it's done :D (still wouldn't attempt it myself) It was good I haven't been driving this last week, as on the side without the sensor it was down to bare metal :eek: luckily only just so, had I been driving I'd have needed new discs as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    I always get confused with apostrophe's (<<is that one right:confused:) but i think i know about it is :confused:

No that one isn’t needed.

They are used to represent a missing letter as above, or to denote a possessive – Fred’s shoes, for instance.

People stick them in after dates – the 80’s is incorrect, but if you were referring to 80s’ music the apostrophe is OK, it wouldn’t be if you said music of the 80s. Note the apostrophe is after the s because 80s is plural.

Simple, a ’ represent a missing letter or the words of the or belonging to.

There’s loads of misuse of . for omitted letters. Ltd. is incorrect, Co. isn’t.

Off for a while but I’ll be back.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon guys:)

Someone sent me the above a while ago and I agree totally - there were others that I added to the list but I can't remember off hand what they were - they'll come back to me I'm sure:cool:
    I posted a similar one a couple of months ago.
    Oh so cute, little poppet! Reminds me of OH first thing in the morning, he twitches and jumps - but not remotely cute:cool:
    .......so nothing like your O/H then.........:D
    Barracute wrote: »
    Here's a wee song that may help you..........
    Apostrophe (Oh Christmas Tree)
    by Eileen Thorpe

Apostrophe, apostrophe
    You drive me oh so batty.
    Apostrophe, apostrophe
    Your overuse is a travesty.
    Some people just can’t get enough
    They must think you’re hot stuff
    Apostrophe, apostrophe
    Some rules to avoid catastrophe.

It’s hers and theirs and yours and its
    when you want to possess a bit
    And when you need to pluralize,
    You don’t need to apostrophize.
    And what of words that end in esess?
    An apostrophe will only make a mess’s.

I wonder why you so confuse
    I’m sure you’re tired of this abuse.
    Apostrophe, apostrophe
    You drive me oh so batty
    :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    It's one of my mother's favourites too :

It's very good
    Looks like i am the only one who hadn't seen the flashmob thing so i am glad it was posted.
    He is gobbling down the adult food with great enjoyment. The reason teacups get so cold is related to the high surface area to volume ratio - they have the potential to release core heat from a small body volume over a comparitively large surface area. I'm keeping a watch on his weight - he is now a massive 1Kg.

He sure has. I am deffo in love.

KOOOOOL- I love that bit of Beethoven!
    I would let him eat as much as he wants. The fatter he is the warmer he will be. Probably.
    Puppies managed fine before puppy food was invented.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Helloooo

OH found Easter eggs in M&S :D yum:D

Yoga was good, hard but good! OH has a new found appreciation for 'standing on one leg and sh!t like that' :D

Thai teacher cut lesson short 'cos himself was getting on her nerves, ok, she didn't say that exactly but effectively that's what he was doing! 'Working from home' my skinny @ss:D

Ach well, it's Friday afternoon, kids will be home soon and neighbour has selflessly volunteered to pour drinks down our throats later. Cheers you lot!
    :D What exactly did your husband do to annoy her?
    your just showing off:p:D

if im on a forum i dont worry much about apostrophes its enough to get me spelling right:D...although if i am giving in a piece of work it is spot on

hows Rupert doing?

edit ive fixed my lappy to :D
    I dont bother much either because I try to write as I speak to friends.
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    No that one isn’t needed.

They are used to represent a missing letter as above, or to denote a possessive – Fred’s shoes, for instance.

People stick them in after dates – the 80’s is incorrect, but if you were referring to 80s’ music the apostrophe is OK, it wouldn’t be if you said music of the 80s. Note the apostrophe is after the s because 80s is plural.

Simple, a ’ represent a missing letter or the words of the or belonging to.

There’s loads of misuse of . for omitted letters. Ltd. is incorrect, Co. isn’t.

Off for a while but I’ll be back.
    Why cant we say "it's" as in "it's paw was bleeding"?:confused:

We went out and bought a load of hideous stuff.
    I got hideous magenta socks. (because i cant have rough seams so never mind the colour)
    Then we got a hideous washed out magenta drainy scoopy utensil because it looks as if it might not melt if its left in the chip pan.
    Then CL got some hideous reading glasses because apparently you cant get number four strength anywhere and who cares what they look like as long as he can see.
    Then we got the most awful horrid grey plastic bin because thats all we could find that didnt cost a fortune.
    Then we had the worst meal EVER. I dont even know where we were because CL was doing one of his creative routes again. It was a "hungry horse" chain pub. Absolutely vile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like i am the only one who hadn't seen the flashmob thing so i am glad it was posted.

I would let him eat as much as he wants. The fatter he is the warmer he will be. Probably.

I got hideous magenta socks. (because i cant have rough seams so never mind the colour)
    Then we got a hideous washed out magenta drainy scoopy utensil because it looks as if it might not melt if its left in the chip pan.
    Then CL got some hideous reading glasses because apparently you cant get number four strength anywhere and who cares what they look like as long as he can see.
    Then we got the most awful horrid grey plastic bin because thats all we could find that didnt cost a fortune.
    Then we had the worst meal EVER. I dont even know where we were because CL was doing one of his creative routes again. It was a "hungry horse" chain pub. Absolutely vile.
    Looks like there were more people who hadn't seen it, than had.

Because that doesn't make sense. (grammatically speaking)

Don't confuse the contraction it's (meaning, "it is") with the possessive pronoun its:

It's the first day of spring.
    Our bird has escaped from its cage.

I'm (I am)
    you're (you are)
    he's (he is)
    she's (she is)
    it's* (it is)
    we're (we are)
    they're (they are)
    isn't (is not)
    aren't (are not)
    can't (cannot)
    don't (do not)
    who's (who is)
    won't (will not)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hideous is the new Versace :cool::D

i got 4+ strength at the airport when i had forgotten my glasses (i like to wear them when lens are out) sadly i take -4 lol so they were no good, shame they are womens frames or you could have had them :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Looks like there were more people who hadn't seen it, than had.

Because that doesn't make sense. (grammatically speaking)

Don't confuse the contraction it's (meaning, "it is") with the possessive pronoun its:

It's the first day of spring.
    Our bird has escaped from its cage.

I'm (I am)
    you're (you are)
    he's (he is)
    she's (she is)
    it's* (it is)
    we're (we are)
    they're (they are)
    isn't (is not)
    aren't (are not)
    can't (cannot)
    don't (do not)
    who's (who is)
    won't (will not)

It is very confusing, because i always think that if we can have "Alisha's attic" then "it's attic" is logical. :D
    Forum Member
    I posted a similar one a couple of months ago.

.......so nothing like your O/H then.........:D

Here's a wee song that may help you..........
    :D

Posture exactly like OH but cuteness factor very different!

Because that would mean 'it is paw' which is incorrect!

I love your shopping trips - either loads of bargains or loads of vileness! I have some rather hidous socks too, I wear them under boots so who cares. I have reading glasses from Costco, one pair is nice and I wouldn't mind who saw them, the other 5 aren't wonderful but enable me to read small print.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

It's always worth a view, it's very good :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening All.:-)[highlight]((((((( {o-^-o} )))))))[/highlight]

It's been a lovely day, sunny all day, but cold.

Had a good day in the garden, had to stay well wrapped up though.

Got my 3 Fig Trees re-potted into American style Tubs that i built water reservoir into the base.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s paw was bleeding is incorrect, its paw was bleeding is right. That one is very confusing but it’s is only used instead of it is, although its paw is a possessive, but it is a personal possessive. The only personal possessive with an apostrophe is one’s.

I have many years experience editing books and magazines, that’s why I had to learn this stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very confusing, because i always think that if we can have "Alisha's attic" then "it's attic" is logical. :D
    Alisha's attic belongs to her.........it's attic isn't logical. :p
    Have a look through THIS :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Evening All.:-)[highlight]((((((( {o-^-o} )))))))[/highlight]

It's been a lovely day, sunny all day, but cold.

Had a good day in the garden, had to stay well wrapped up though.

Got my 3 Fig Trees re-potted into American style Tubs that i built water reservoir into the base.

Evening Hicky :)
This discussion has been closed.