** Under The Dome - Season 1 (US PACE) **

Comments

• Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    "Character Driven" isn't always an excuse for poorly written...

Game of Thrones is mainly character driven..poorly written? no.

And they are adapting Under the Dome from a novel and they are taking some liberties but they're not going to stay THAT far away from the source and create an ecosystem when there isn't one in the book.... The main change of the series is apparently the ending of the novel.

BIB - you should probably put things like that in spoiler tags because a lot of people who havent read the book don't like being told what is or isnt in it. Being told what isnt going to happen could also be called a spoiler
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    BIB - you should probably put things like that in spoiler tags because a lot of people who havent read the book don't like being told what is or isnt in it. Being told what isnt going to happen could also be called a spoiler

They don't have to create an eco system. They are already in one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't have to create an eco system. They are already in one.

That's not really relevent to what was meant by my post. My post was saying that if people who have read the book insist on posting what does and doesnt happen in the book, then they should consider putting it in spoiler tags so that people who have not read the book won't have certain plots spoiled
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not really relevent to what was meant by my post. My post was saying that if people who have read the book insist on posting what does and doesnt happen in the book, then they should consider putting it in spoiler tags so that people who have not read the book won't have certain plots spoiled
    I haven't read the book though.. ?! I'm not even sure where that came from when I was writing it..but I created this thread and the first thing I wrote was NO Book Spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the book though.. ?! I'm not even sure where that came from when I was writing it..but I created this thread and the first thing I wrote was NO Book Spoilers.

Sorry but when you said that there isnt an ecosystem within the dome in the book and therefore wouldnt be one in the show, i interpreted that as meaning that you had read the book and were saying that there definetly isnt an ecosystem in the book. In my defence it was an easy mistake to make:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but when you said that there isnt an ecosystem within the dome in the book, i interpreted that as meaning that you had read the book and were saying that there definetly isnt an ecosystem in the book
    I think I was more trying to say that they will be relatively stick to the plot of the book, and if their is no new ecosystem in the book they won't do it in the show...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I was more trying to say that they will be relatively stick to the plot of the book, and if their is no new ecosystem in the book they won't do it in the show...

Fair enough i got my wires crossed:o
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are referring to book spoilers please keep it to yourself.

Do you see me posting spoilers?:confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you see me posting spoilers?:confused::confused::confused:
    you said

"I found this show so awful I went and spoiled it for myself, and i'm glad I did"

If you've found out the ending or whatever all i'm saying is keep it to yourself,
    Simple as that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this, although I'm in the uk :(

love Stephen King, hopes its better than Haven was I was disapointed by that.,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghespetti wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this, although I'm in the uk :(

love Stephen King, hopes its better than Haven was I was disapointed by that.,
    Comparing the first 2 episodes of Haven, Under the Dome is better so far.

I'm in the uk too...but I watch it online :)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghespetti wrote: »
    hopes its better than Haven was I was disapointed by that.,
    I sounds like aven was something you tried, didn't like, so gave up - if so how many eps did you give it ? With me, first time around I really didn't like the first ep, not warming to the lead character at all. It was only later when I watched the finale (:eek:) because Kathleen Munroe was guest starring that I got a huge "I wanna find out how they got to this...." feeling so marathon all the previous eps. From then on I became a fan.:D
    (haven't read the book though, so maybe that could be a factor)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I sounds like aven was something you tried, didn't like, so gave up - if so how many eps did you give it ? With me, first time around I really didn't like the first ep, not warming to the lead character at all. It was only later when I watched the finale (:eek:) because Kathleen Munroe was guest starring that I got a huge "I wanna find out how they got to this...." feeling so marathon all the previous eps. From then on I became a fan.:D
    (haven't read the book though, so maybe that could be a factor)
    I've watched up to season 3 of Haven and I still hate it! haha

Only watch it when there's nothing else...block watched most of season 3 one day, can't connect with a single character, and some of the storylines are laugh out loud funny (when they are ment to be serious)

The Barn thing? stupid
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched up to season 3 of Haven and I still hate it! haha
    Maybe the ptb will pull something outta the page in the series finale that blows you away :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent episode! :)

As I knew it would...its moving along nice and slowly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I have started watching Under The Dome and it reminds me of an episode of Eureka and Haven when both of these shows had the town inside a dome for an episode. I have high hopes for the show lets just hope that the big cheeses at the top don't decide that the ratings aren't enough and drop it half way through the first season. It is so annoying when they do that.:mad:
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acting is still awful. The scripts are still awful. The music. The pace. Everything.

Awful. Awful. Awful.

I'll save those who enjoy it the bother: "Why are you still watching then?!!!" and/or "You don't have to watch!!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steptron wrote: »
    I have started watching Under The Dome and it reminds me of an episode of Eureka and Haven when both of these shows had the town inside a dome for an episode. I have high hopes for the show lets just hope that the big cheeses at the top don't decide that the ratings aren't enough and drop it half way through the first season. It is so annoying when they do that.:mad:

Dont worry, for now its not going anywhere! Highest rated drama premiere in the summer since 1993.. The pilot received 20 million viewers form first airing, live+3 and Sunday repeat.

Episode 2 saw a less then average drop off of 15% (usually 20-30%).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acting is still awful. The scripts are still awful. The music. The pace. Everything.

Awful. Awful. Awful.

I'll save those who enjoy it the bother: "Why are you still watching then?!!!" and/or "You don't have to watch!!!"
    I'll just say, why even bother posting if you dont want a reply?

Scripts are fine, Music is fine, pace is fine, acting is a mixed bag..some good some bad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent enough episode. Not really liking the young guy with the long hair though. For some reason he annoys me more than the Jnr storyline (I'm liking that a bit better cos at least we have some development for Jnr/James). I think he just annoys me because of his attitude - he's happy to sponge of his friends situation and trying to make himself popular by letting people use the farmboy's generator and house. Doubt he'd be too keen if it was his stuff.

Big Jim might just be an even bigger lunatic than his son. Hopefully Julia only finds out her husband was involved with bad people but not that barbie killed him but i suppose its inveitable she will.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched the episode yet, but which cop's turn was it to die this time? :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I haven't watched the episode yet, but which cop's turn was it to die this time? :p:D
    the guy who accidently shot the other one at the end of last weeks episode was shot by the new sheriff Linda.

Big Jim is already working on hiring new cannon fodder/deputies:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the guy who accidently shot the other one at the end of last weeks episode was shot by the new sheriff Linda.

Junior would be an interesting choice :)
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha yeah, just finished watching the episode :D.
    Beyond Barbie, it's hard to see who is capable enough to work as a deputy. Most of the town folk just seem quite feckless :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the promo for episode 4....looks like things are going to pick up! :D

Also, Junior with a shotgun :D