Options

Azealia calls Lily Allen's Children and Husband Ugly

2»

Comments

• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Can't stand her but even I would admit she is pretty.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To use a forum cliche or two .. this ..
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I think Azealia can get a bit cocky sometimes because 212 was such a big hit, but it looks like she might struggle to get more in the future.

and most definitely this, especially BiB ..
    FMKK wrote: »
    Not only did Azealia make herself look like an utter moron with her tweet, but Lily absolutely schooled her with the responses. Good.

Azealia seems to be trying to position herself as some kind of "bad girl" but it's really not working.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azealia makes it very hard for me to be an Azealia fan. You don't attack someone's children, that's just beyond low.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azealia is a vile woman. She keeps picking fights.
    Don't like any of her songs that much most people only know 212.
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha love Lily's responses. Especially the Amanda Bynes reference to her calling the kids ugly. Azealia will not win this war of words. Lily is not only straight-talking, she's intelligent with it.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    Azealia is going places, Lily is the past. New song ATMJAM is great and her album is soon out! Shes touring all over Europe now and will tour again in the uk after the album is released around October/November time :cool:

If this Azealia person wants to go places, she needs to let her music do the talking. You can get away with slagging off all and sundry when you're established, but not when you're a wannabe, trying to break into the big league. She sounds like a rather sad, insecure and immature person.

Incidentally, it's one thing slagging off another artist, but slagging off members of their family is just plain nasty.
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Same. Although Lily is very very aware of how to provoke someone. She took the mic saying Azealia was doing Iggy Azealea's hair in one of Iggy's videos, even though it's clearly not her :p But Azealia went too far with the kid thing. The amount of miscarriages Lily's had are really sad.
    So it was Lily Allen who actually started the ball rolling here? I can see why Azealia Banks would not want to be mocked by being somehow associated with that talentless Aussie pseudo-rapper who is even biting on her name.

If that is the case, then Lily Allen was asking for it. Anyway, Azealia Banks is funny.

The coverage I've seen of this seems to imply that Banks started this but from what you've said it sounds like this is misleading.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    So it was Lily Allen who actually started the ball rolling here? I can see why Azealia Banks would not want to be mocked by being somehow associated with that talentless Aussie pseudo-rapper who is even biting on her name.

If that is the case, then Lily Allen was asking for it. Anyway, Azealia Banks is funny.

The coverage I've seen of this seems to imply that Banks started this but from what you've said it sounds like this is misleading.

Nothing, NOTHING, justifies calling someone's children ugly. Azealia is a ****ing **** and I absolutely despise her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Lily owned Azealia.. 212 was epic but she’s not doing herself any favours if she want any further success. Especially in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Nothing, NOTHING, justifies calling someone's children ugly. Azealia is a ****ing **** and I absolutely despise her.
    Good for you. Now run along.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »

No. What happened was, a few days ago Azealia went on a tirade about people with fake butts. Yesterday, a fan tweeted Azealia a tweet Lily made a year ago that had absolutely nothing to do with the situation, but it seemed like it would fit the scenario even though the tweet was a year old and wasnt about Azealia. Azealia was too stupid to read the time stamp on it and started talking shit.

Oh, and lily did respond to a picture of AB doing iggy's hair, but that was also over a year ago and not in this particular conversation. She was wrong for doing that, but this wasnt fueled by that. From what I can tell, Lily and Azealia had old beef from May-June of last year so Azealia took any opportunity to rehash it. Even if it meant starting with an unrelated tweet. Especially since she had a new single drop yesterday.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well she has to try and keep herself relevant somehow...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    No. What happened was, a few days ago Azealia went on a tirade about people with fake butts. Yesterday, a fan tweeted Azealia a tweet Lily made a year ago that had absolutely nothing to do with the situation, but it seemed like it would fit the scenario even though the tweet was a year old and wasnt about Azealia. Azealia was too stupid to read the time stamp on it and started talking shit.

Oh, and lily did respond to a picture of AB doing iggy's hair, but that was also over a year ago and not in this particular conversation. She was wrong for doing that, but this wasnt fueled by that. From what I can tell, Lily and Azealia had old beef from May-June of last year so Azealia took any opportunity to rehash it. Even if it meant starting with an unrelated tweet. Especially since she had a new single drop yesterday.
    Right. Thanks for that. I probably should have a Twitter account or pay more attention to the celeb gossip. ;)
  • Options
    TV_SteveTV_Steve Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I think Azealia can get a bit cocky sometimes because 212 was such a big hit, but it looks like she might struggle to get more in the future.

Such a big hit?

Her highest chart position was Number 7......in Ireland

It wasn't even released in the US. It was a freebie on her website.

I'll be surprised if her much self hyped album ever sees the light of day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she would just release the album already. Maybe then people could actually take her seriously.

I lost even more respect for her when she tweeted in support of wearing fur the other day.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a celebrity gives another celebrity abuse on Twitter, it's just a 'spat' or 'war or words'. Had someone else sent that to Lily, they'd have been branded a 'vile troll' and possibly banned!
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pot..Kettle
    Exactly the sort of thing LA used to do when she needed some promo
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    TV_Steve wrote: »
    Such a big hit?

Her highest chart position was Number 7......in Ireland

It wasn't even released in the US. It was a freebie on her website.

I'll be surprised if her much self hyped album ever sees the light of day.

It was one of the biggest club hits of 2012. I don't care about the charts, if I hear a song every time I go clubbing, and the hundreds of people in the club each time are all singing along, then it's a big hit imo.

The only reason she has so much hype in the first place is because of how big 212 is, you know? I don't even like the song much anymore. I'm fed up of hearing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    If a celebrity gives another celebrity abuse on Twitter, it's just a 'spat' or 'war or words'. Had someone else sent that to Lily, they'd have been branded a 'vile troll' and possibly banned!

The difference is Lily and Azealia know each other or have at minimum met a few times. Those people are complete strangers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Pot..Kettle
    Exactly the sort of thing LA used to do when she needed some promo

I cant recall LA ever bringing someone's children into the mix.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    This kind of reminds me of Estelle back in 2008. She had a massive hit with American Boy, but struggled after that, and I think that was at least partly because of the things she said about Adele, Duffy and Amy Winehouse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her music is shite, Twitter is shite, and it's chock full of shite like this. No surprise there.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    The Kenneth tong of music
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    It's really low to criticise someone's children. She is unbelievably immature. A couple of months back she went on a homophobic tirade against Perez Hilton, calling him a "f*ggot" and saying "does your butt hole whistle when you walk?"

I don't like Lily or Perez, but it shows Azealia's school playground mentality.

I think that she had a lot of potential, but she's pissed it all away. There's a vacancy for a pretty female rapper.

Didn't she also accuse The Stone Roses of being racists? Now, they might have many faults but I honestly can't imagine racism is one of them

never heard of her until I read about her spats so looked up her music. She seems to have done one decent enough tune but the fact she's a complete gobshite means her career will end up in the toilet
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Didn't she also accuse The Stone Roses of being racists? Now, they might have many faults but I honestly can't imagine racism is one of them

never heard of her until I read about her spats so looked up her music. She seems to have done one decent enough tune but the fact she's a complete gobshite means her career will end up in the toilet

From reading some of Azealia's tweets to Iggy Azalea, she seems to have the mentality that because she's black, she's allowed to hate on someone because they are white.