Options

I Think We Need A Memorial Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear of your wee cats passing. These posts always make me cry. Take care. x
  • Options
    India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My soul mate left me today and I am broken hearted. I'll write more when I can function but I wanted to acknowledge him on this thread. I don't know how to get through this - it's the hardest thing ever.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    India_Rain wrote: »
    My soul mate left me today and I am broken hearted. I'll write more when I can function but I wanted to acknowledge him on this thread. I don't know how to get through this - it's the hardest thing ever.

:( xx
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Jess passed away a month ago, today we brought her home in her little casket

My sadness has taken a downturn..it's really brought it home to me that my furry affectionate lapcat has gone forever. She was my best friend.

RIP Jess :(
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member

Many of us can relate to your feelings of devastation. It will get better with time. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    :( xx
    fefster wrote: »
    Many of us can relate to your feelings of devastation. It will get better with time. :)

Thank you both so much. It will be a week tomorrow and the pain is still raw - coupled with the emptiness of missing him.

Thank you for both replying. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Jess passed away a month ago, today we brought her home in her little casket

My sadness has taken a downturn..it's really brought it home to me that my furry affectionate lapcat has gone forever. She was my best friend.

RIP Jess :(

It's so hard, isn't it? My darling boy left me nearly a week ago. I'm still carrying his ashes from room to room with me. It seems so final, when they come home like this. I'm trying to keep my faith that I will see him again one day but, right now, all I have is a wooden box to cuddle.
    So sorry for your pain. I truly know how hard it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you both so much. It will be a week tomorrow and the pain is still raw - coupled with the emptiness of missing him.

Thank you for both replying. x

Sorry, I had to read your history as I haven't been on the pets forum for a while.

It's really sad and no words can comfort you right now, all I can say is - time will heal your pain (hug)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP to all the wonderful pets and that have sadly passed on - just remember the good times and push the pain to the back of your head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so hard, isn't it? My darling boy left me nearly a week ago. I'm still carrying his ashes from room to room with me. It seems so final, when they come home like this. I'm trying to keep my faith that I will see him again one day but, right now, all I have is a wooden box to cuddle.
    So sorry for your pain. I truly know how hard it is.

your poor boy :( I hope you start to feel better soon
    I like to think of Jess basking in the sun in cat heaven too.
    queenshaks wrote: »
    RIP to all the wonderful pets and that have sadly passed on - just remember the good times and push the pain to the back of your head.

thanks for the messages. Thankfully I have lots of pictures of my Jess. I'd give anything to have her back with me though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the well wishes I hope everyone is coping at this sad time.

I found what really helped me was putting together a little area in the garden where he is buried with some flowers and ornaments on top. Now I have somewhere to go and have a 'chat' and I have made a little marker from a stepping stone with his name on.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dotty, my little brown hamster died 2 weeks ago this Sunday ;-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fed_up wrote: »
    Thank you for the well wishes I hope everyone is coping at this sad time.

I found what really helped me was putting together a little area in the garden where he is buried with some flowers and ornaments on top. Now I have somewhere to go and have a 'chat' and I have made a little marker from a stepping stone with his name on.

How lovely! We were thinking of doing something similar :)
    IWasBored wrote: »
    Dotty, my little brown hamster died 2 weeks ago this Sunday ;-(

:( poor Dotty
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry to read of the most recent pet losses :(

I was thinking earlier on today whilst watching Bungle sleeping that she is now the age that her Mum Winnie was when she died. I know that Winnie was only young but it hit home just how young she was when I looked at Bungle. That's possibly due to the fact that we watched Winnie give birth to her :( 2 and a half years really isn't very much. It feels like only yesterday that Bungle and the rest of the litter were born yet it feels like forever ago that my Winnie died. It's strange, isn't it?
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    It was 6 months ago for me and it feels like yesterday. I can still see my cat sitting in his favourite spots out of the corner of my eye sometimes.

Perhaps he is there :-)
  • Options
    CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I really can't believe it's one year since I lost my beautiful cat Wallace, aged only 13 years. He was my best friend and my faithful companion and I miss him so much. The passing of time just doesn't seem to have helped really.
    I miss his smile and his cuddles and I even miss him moaning at me. The house still feels so empty without him. I still get so angry that he's gone. I get angry on lovely sunny days, knowing that he's missing out on them and I find it hard to be in the garden without him there. It doesn't feel right.
    I miss going out knowing that there's someone waiting for me at home, who knew exactly what time I'd be back. I miss looking after him and brushing him and sharing a tin of sardines with him.
    I miss him making me laugh and him kneading my lap. I miss our Sunday afternoons, just me and him doing nothing. I miss the sound of the cat flap and the feeling of life in the house.

And most of all I miss having someone in this world who really got me and who I love so much, who I can't even stop saying goodnight to. Because I said it every day for all those years and it doesn't seem right to finish it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLA29 wrote: »
    I really can't believe it's one year since I lost my beautiful cat Wallace, aged only 13 years. He was my best friend and my faithful companion and I miss him so much. The passing of time just doesn't seem to have helped really.
    I miss his smile and his cuddles and I even miss him moaning at me. The house still feels so empty without him. I still get so angry that he's gone. I get angry on lovely sunny days, knowing that he's missing out on them and I find it hard to be in the garden without him there. It doesn't feel right.
    I miss going out knowing that there's someone waiting for me at home, who knew exactly what time I'd be back. I miss looking after him and brushing him and sharing a tin of sardines with him.
    I miss him making me laugh and him kneading my lap. I miss our Sunday afternoons, just me and him doing nothing. I miss the sound of the cat flap and the feeling of life in the house.

And most of all I miss having someone in this world who really got me and who I love so much, who I can't even stop saying goodnight to. Because I said it every day for all those years and it doesn't seem right to finish it.

:(:( Wallace sounds like he was a lovely companion to have. Some of the things you miss about him, I also miss about my little Jess.

It's good having memories of them but it also makes you miss them terribly aswell! That's the sad thing

keep strong OP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    It was 6 months ago for me and it feels like yesterday. I can still see my cat sitting in his favourite spots out of the corner of my eye sometimes.

Perhaps he is there :-)

heh I keep thinking I see Jess out of the corner of my eye too. Seems quite common amongst pet owners. It's comforting in a bizarre kind of way I guess
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jarjar he was about 14 or 15 passed away in my arms after a massive seizure. He was a doddery little cat he didn't have a care in the world. All he loved was food and sleeping. We knew he didn't have much longer the light had gone out in his eyes, we only had you 10 months but you brought me so much joy and so many memories that will never leave me
    Run free at the bridge little man, I make sure your sister baby is looked after forever here,
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a year ago today that we lost Maisie, our beautiful golden retriever. She was only 7 and we miss her every day.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum has just rung me to say our cat Harry passed away today , he was around Ten years old and he just went down hill all of a sudden so they got the vet out but there was nothing he could do :(

He was a beautiful big butch tabby who would always be waiting at the front door for you , and when he was on your lap he would demand fuss by head butting your chin hard :D:(

RIP Harry :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maisey Moo wrote: »
    Jarjar he was about 14 or 15 passed away in my arms after a massive seizure. He was a doddery little cat he didn't have a care in the world. All he loved was food and sleeping. We knew he didn't have much longer the light had gone out in his eyes, we only had you 10 months but you brought me so much joy and so many memories that will never leave me
    Run free at the bridge little man, I make sure your sister baby is looked after forever here,
    fleet wrote: »
    Its a year ago today that we lost Maisie, our beautiful golden retriever. She was only 7 and we miss her every day.
    spookyLX wrote: »
    My mum has just rung me to say our cat Harry passed away today , he was around Ten years old and he just went down hill all of a sudden so they got the vet out but there was nothing he could do :(

He was a beautiful big butch tabby who would always be waiting at the front door for you , and when he was on your lap he would demand fuss by head butting your chin hard :D:(

RIP Harry :(

RIP all :(:(:(
  • Options
    andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R.I.P Fruity

had to have her put to sleep tonight as she seemed to be barely moving this morning (I thought she was dead until she moved her head slightly), she has been slowing down a lot lately though due to old age (not sure how old she was as she was adopted (we think she was close to 3 which is a good age for a Gerbil)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P Fruity

had to have her put to sleep tonight as she seemed to be barely moving this morning (I thought she was dead until she moved her head slightly), she has been slowing down a lot lately though due to old age (not sure how old she was as she was adopted (we think she was close to 3 which is a good age for a Gerbil)

I used to have gerbils, lovely things

:(
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    My darling Mabbs (age 17) was put to sleep last Friday after falling ill with kidney failure. :cry:

He was the most beautiful, placid cat and didn't have a days illness in his life.

For the last year of his life he was unable to live with me so spent his last year with a wonderful foster family who lived nearby and looked after him and loved him like their own.

When the vet said the kindest thing to do would be to put him to sleep we knew it was for the best. It wouldn't have been right to let him suffer.

RIP Mabbs. Always in my heart.