Options

Tellymix: Leslie and Gary clash over fame

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point wasn't about who was actually more famous or more talented etc - that is subjective and just down to personal opinion.

Someone who watches Strictly Come Dancing may think James is more famous than Ricci, while a younster is more likely to say Ricci is more famous. I agree that more people are likely to pick Gary Busey as the most famous (though not all) and quite likely Leslie put his negative bias into the decision, but what I'm saying is that had any other housemate complained about the decision (even if they had a valid point) there would still be critisism that the housemate was being petty/vain/arrogant for arguing the point himself. If Claire had been picked as being prettier than Stephanie for example, and Stephanie had argued against that decision...I'm not saying there wouldn't be some people saying that the housemate was wrong to pick Claire, as the majority of people would pick Stephanie as being prettier, but there would also be plenty people saying 'how arrogant is she' and 'how petty to take a silly game so seriously' and 'how self-obsessed and vain is she' too

I think the housemates are too harshly analysed and criticised on here for flippant comments they make, but from what I see anyway, Gary can say things without it being critcised the way it would be if any other housemate said the same thing.

Well said, to some people St. Gary can do no wrong.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point wasn't about who was actually more famous or more talented etc - that is subjective and just down to personal opinion.

Someone who watches Strictly Come Dancing may think James is more famous than Ricci, while a younster is more likely to say Ricci is more famous. I agree that more people are likely to pick Gary Busey as the most famous (though not all) and quite likely Leslie put his negative bias into the decision, but what I'm saying is that had any other housemate complained about the decision (even if they had a valid point) there would still be critisism that the housemate was being petty/vain/arrogant for arguing the point himself. If Claire had been picked as being prettier than Stephanie for example, and Stephanie had argued against that decision...I'm not saying there wouldn't be some people saying that the housemate was wrong to pick Claire, as the majority of people would pick Stephanie as being prettier, but there would also be plenty people saying 'how arrogant is she' and 'how petty to take a silly game so seriously' and 'how self-obsessed and vain is she' too

I think the housemates are too harshly analysed and criticised on here for flippant comments they make, but from what I see anyway, Gary can say things without it being critcised the way it would be if any other housemate said the same thing.
    Completely agree. He's been picked for this year's sanctification. Fair enough many people don't like the way he's been spoken to (although we don't have all the background to it, of course) and some of those doing the speaking, but the glorification of him is excessive, IMO, and peculiar.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Completely agree. He's been picked for this year's sanctification. Fair enough many people don't like the way he's been spoken to (although we don't have all the background to it, of course) and some of those doing the speaking, but the glorification of him is excessive, IMO, and peculiar.

Agree.