Options

Kellie to Dee: Thats not very nice, respect your elders!

Comments

• Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pope_tart wrote: »
    Let's think about it, the older you are, the more bad stuff you have done in your life. A typical pensioner will quite likely have had tens of thousand more nasty thoughts than a typical teenager and therefore deserve to be treated with more caution.

I think all pensioners should be kept at arms length, preferably at the end of a big pointy stick, as who knows what evil lurks behind their blue rinse and bifocals. Personally, I would ban them from owning knitting needles >:(

We all get old....including you.....let's see how you feel about it when you are a pensioner
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Respect should be earned

I completely disagree! Respect should be automatically given until the person does something to destroy it. How can you have the attitude that no one you meet is worthy of respect unless they do something to deserve it?
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of sexual tension between Kellie and Dee. That is one showmance I hope does happen.
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    We all get old....including you.....let's see how you feel about it when you are a pensioner

How do you know i'm not? For all you know I might be sharpening a knitting needle as I speak just waiting for the postman to put his fingers through the letterbox :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know i'm not? For all you know I might be sharpening a knitting needle as I speak just waiting for the postman to put his fingers through the letterbox :p

Sounds like something you'd do 👎:D
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landon3333 wrote: »
    Well, Gary's life has been 50x more interesting than Dee's.

He's just an easy target these days unfortunately.
    This is what warms me to Kellie she does not pick on soft targets like Gary, Kellie is not a bully.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck it's a duck She is just saying wha she is seeing I don't watch violent films so I don't no Gary dee might be the same or she may not have grown up with a TV in her house Gary does come across as if he is not on the same planet as everyone else but I think it's how he plays it to be honest he is acting out
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    I completely disagree! Respect should be automatically given until the person does something to destroy it. How can you have the attitude that no one you meet is worthy of respect unless they do something to deserve it?

Sorry respect needs to be earned that does not mean you disrespect every one you meet till thy earn it you can be polite and curious Respect is something that takes time to accomplish
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanna7 wrote: »
    I am an older person and often this day I find older people far ruder than a lot of younger people
    I tend to find rude people ruder than non-rude people, regardless of their demographic.
  • Options
    itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that's just plain sexism...it's 2014 and I'm sure that by now old people's homes are jammed full of men with blue rinses knitting a new Man Utd top for their grandchildren ;-)

Ahhh so that's what they're doing under their blankets. :o
    Only joking, I know they're knitting really. :D

Personally I do believe that your elders should be respected unless they have done something so absolutely terrible they truly don't deserve it. Two elderly ladies in my town have just reached the fantastic ages of 107 and 110 and both live in care homes. I must admit it's easy to see them as just frail and old. But both have actually had the most amazing lives and careers. And this is probably true for a lot of the older generation, but when faculties start to diminish and old age takes its toll on the body and mind it's so easy to become labelled as 'difficult' and 'cantankerous'.
    I've seen lots of instances of old folk 'misbehaving' including two other old ladies in a care home squaring up to each other with their zimmer frames, hitting each other whilst accusing each other of all sorts, while an elderly gent was absolutely atrocious to his visitors. Yet folk still visited them because at the end of the day they knew it wasn't really 'them' and they considered they still deserved respect for who they once were. :)
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    ruffle wrote: »
    Sorry respect needs to be earned that does not mean you disrespect every one you meet till thy earn it you can be polite and curious Respect is something that takes time to accomplish

That is really quite sad that you feel that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like something you'd do 👎:D

UPDATE: yeah I got the bugger good this morning....that'll teach him for trying to force my delivery of incontinence pads through the letter box instead of knocking.......nothing worse than a crumple up yer nether regions :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: yeah I got the bugger good this morning....that'll teach him for trying to force my delivery of incontinence pads through the letter box instead of knocking.......nothing worse than a crumple up yer nether regions :(

You get them delivered :o You should go to Superdrug it's buy one get one free :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get them delivered :o You should go to Superdrug it's buy one get one free :D

cheaper getting them secondhand from ebay ;-)
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brad_reg wrote: »
    Was Kellie genuinely sticking up for Gary when Dee said that Gary is "away with the fairies" ?
    I think he was serious
    I think he probably was.
    Me too but I think he was wrong, because of this vvvvvv
    Respect should be earned

I would encourage my sons to be respectful to all people and make extra allowances for elder people but NOT respect them regardless of them being a ignorant loud mouth yank.
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what warms me to Kellie she does not pick on soft targets like Gary, Kellie is not a bully.

Kellie isn't even Kellie, that's frank and that is an aggressive bully

What are you watching?
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think it was a tongue in cheek remark from kellie ..and dee knew this too
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree also Kellie is quite right about what she said about the poisoned dwarf he does spout all that bullshit too cover his tracks, he smiles sweetly I love you as he sticks the knife in. I loath Lesley.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can safely say that I am one of the elders of this forum, I give everybody respect until they show me they don't deserve it. So you could say people should earn respect not demand it as a right because of their age.
    I'm sorry but...........are you being SERIOUS?? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think Dee was being malicious when she said it.

I think he is too, sometimes but I still think he's brilliant and one of my all time fave HMs :D
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's his own fault for being such a nasty troublemaker.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Respect should be earned

Not always, i respect any of the elderly people i talk to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    Not always, i respect any of the elderly people i talk to.
    Same here.

Upbringing I guess?
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    I'm sorry but...........are you being SERIOUS?? :D

Sure am, next month I will be 68 and proud of it. :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    46+2 wrote: »
    I hate that saying as it's complete crap. It means you have no respect for anyone until they have earned it which is stupid. When you first meet someone you talk to them and treat them with respect. You should give everyone respect. It's for them to lose it not earn it.

Thank you for saying this. I was beginning to think I was the only person who thought this any more. You should treat everyone you meet with respect. If they prove to be not deserving then of course they will lose it.