Do men find woman over size 14 attractive?

Comments

• phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I recently saw one of her VERY early "stag" films....and she's NOT a size ten in it! Pretty generous round the waist in her youth was our Marilyn...

Though the youth that was in her was pretty slim...
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »

She hasn't got black hair. You'll have to leave her to me:p
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    She hasn't got black hair. You'll have to leave her to me:p

That can be fixed. I have my OH's wigs. :D
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    I have my OH's wigs. :D

My OH doesn't need one. She has black hair and blue eyes. Curiously, all but one of my girlfriends have been the same in that respect. Not a conscious choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    Vellum wrote: »
    She did not buy dresses from primark did she? Isn't that the point about dress sizes, women have to buy them to cover their biggest asset, if she had a size 10 wais and a size 14 ass, she would have to buy a size 14 dress off the rail - but she had all her clothes made to fit.

I wasn't suggesting she bought her clothes from Primark. I expect the bloke who owns a ton of her dresses was aware of that fact too - fact is she was not a size 16 as we would imagine that to look today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »
    She did not buy dresses from primark did she? Isn't that the point about dress sizes, women have to buy them to cover their biggest asset, if she had a size 10 wais and a size 14 ass, she woul dhave to buy a size 14 dress off the rail - but she had all her clothes made to fit.

This article says she was an 8-10. What evidence is there that she was a larger size.

There are plenty of women who wear a size 10 or smaller but have large breasts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Not the Marilyn thing again...

Clothing sizes have changed drastically over the years (thank you, vanity sizing). Her measuremets according to her dressmaker:
    36-22-35

According to her studio:
    37-23-36

She had roughly a dozen pregnancies so her weight fluctuated but she was never as big as modern day 14-16 UK sizes.
  • VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    lou-kate wrote: »
    I wasn't suggesting she bought her clothes from Primark. I expect the bloke who owns a ton of her dresses was aware of that fact too - fact is she was not a size 16 as we would imagine that to look today.

She is not an anything off the peg size, she wore hand made clothes
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    If the theory works the same way the other way round..for example do women prefer a male model with 6 pack or someone with a little bit of love handles then my answer would be a little bit of love handles!

Looking at something that is considered perfection (based on some peoples opinions) is nice..but often people like that think they are Gods gift and just lay there like a lemon thinking you should be grateful to be with them!

I am 42 years old wear size 12 jeans but wear size 16 tops!..when I was younger my body looked alot better (alot firmer before 3 children!)but I was more shy about it back then,.,now in private I am very confident and dont hold back..my husband says he finds me more sexy now..so maybe confidence plays a part in it.

Please note my husband finds me sexy!!..I am not for one minute thinking anyone else does..and dont really care anyway.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love curvy women.

What size is Nigella?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Oh, 'curvy' is a body type, it has nothing to do with amount of fat, but rather how fat is distributed. A size 6 can be curvy, as can a size 16.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    All three are very nice.
    I just posted it cos i find it difficult to explain what i mean some times so i thought i'd find a picture.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Size 14 women with tiny waists are almost as rare as naturally size 6 women. To me a size 14 is plump, not fat but despite what most men say not as attractive as a size 10 woman.

My sister who, despite saying she was happy as a size 14, has recently slimmed down to a size 10 and is revelling in all the male attention she definitely did not receive as a size 14.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Nigella has a nice shape , i'd say she was at least a 14..but she has small waist compared to her assets :eek::eek:

If you feel happy with yourself as a 14, that is attractive. I'm tall ,at size 14 I look fine but I feel a bit squidgy around the edges. I feel much more confident as a 12. I'll happily buy a size 14 if thats the size that fits, it's how I feel about myself.

By people on here saying a size 14 is attractive won't make you feel attractive. I think you have accept yourself but be the best version of you, you can be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Yep, and I've met women who ooze sex appeal, yet still hate the way they look. Paradoxical, as they often don't realise just how attractive they are.

There you go again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skolastyka wrote: »
    Oh, 'curvy' is a body type, it has nothing to do with amount of fat, but rather how fat is distributed. A size 6 can be curvy, as can a size 16.

I agree. It's about things like hip to waist ratio. A woman with small bust and hips could still be curvy if she has a tiny waist, just as a woman with a larger waist can be curvy if they have huge breasts/hips (Nigella Lawson, Christina Hendricks).

The problem is that the term is now used by women who are not curvy at all, more 'brick-shaped', but because they are size 14+ they consider themselves curvy.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fifilapew wrote: »
    Size 14 women with tiny waists are almost as rare as naturally size 6 women. To me a size 14 is plump, not fat but despite what most men say not as attractive as a size 10 woman.

I personally don't find long hair on men attractive but that doesn't mean other women don't.

It would be ridiculous for me to come out with a comment like "despite what most women say long hair is not as attractive as short hair".

YOU might not find size 14 as attractive as size 10 but you can't speak for other people and project your preferences onto them.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I personally don't find long hair on men attractive but that doesn't mean other women don't.

It would be ridiculous for me to come out with a comment like "despite what most women say long hair is not as attractive as short hair".

YOU might not find size 14 as attractive as size 10 but you can't speak for other people and project your preferences onto them.

I'm not projecting anything, I'm simply stating that despite men saying that they like size 14+ women the unfortunate truth is that most men seem to prefer size 10 women. This isn't backed up by any scientific data of course, just 33 years of being a woman.:D
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not projecting anything, I'm simply stating that despite men saying that they like size 14+ women the unfortunate truth is that most men seem to prefer size 10 women. This isn't backed up by any scientific data of course, just 33 years of being a woman.:D

My 33 years says different :p
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    My 33 years says different :p

My 50 years as a man says the number in the back of your dress is irrelevant. Your proportions are important, as is confidence, humour, a pretty face, and taking a bit of care of yourself. I can assure you no man is going to stop and check the numbers after it's been flung at a chair across the room:eek:
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion & Beauty?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just posted it cos i find it difficult to explain what i mean some times so i thought i'd find a picture.

I knew exactly what you meant :)
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    Fashion & Beauty?

It's not as funny as the thread about pearl necklaces that got moved here about a year ago:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading in take a break the other day that a man left his wife for her size 24 best friend when she slimmed down from a 22 to a 10, he just prefered larger women!
    My boyf seems to like me, and i'm an 18-22 (depends on shop, garment, material etc that all other women must understand :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Speaking from experience, I'll agree with that. I'm 35 years old and a size 10 and I get a lot more attention now than when I was 27 years old and a size 16.