Options

Have you ever fallen in love with a perfume after one whiff?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Yvresse (formerly Champagne) by Yves St Laurent but it's so difficult to get hold of here these days.

I have it; it's available online, I forget which site I used but it was either Fragrance Direct or CheapSmells.com most probably.

For me I can only wear it at Christmas though; it smells very 'festive' to me.:)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Specialtea wrote: »
    One of my favourites is Jimmy Choo
    Really good value from here http://bit.ly/1fWkEsH

I was in Boots today and they are giving away a Jimmy Choo vanity case when you purchase this perfume. Looked quite nice.
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    New perfumes smell too similar these days I think. I recently tried Calvin Klein's new one Down Town on the basis that I love most of his fragrances, and I was really disappointed. It's a very non-descript fruity floral which could easily pass for Escada, Anna Sui, or any of these kind of inoffensive teen-twentysomething scents.

So, I am going back to the old school. I am falling in love with all my former fragrances again from back in the days when perfumes used to be distinctive. At the moment I'm hooked on my previous favourites Dolce Vita and Hypnotic Poison by Dior; there's no mistaking them. Knowing by Estee Lauder is also another one which definitely has no replica, and my signature scent, Eternity by Calvin Klein, never goes out of style.

I'm a bit disillusioned by modern fragrances now. Does anyone else find they're very samey? And can you recommend any true 'classics'? (Mitsouko by Guerlain is another one, btw)
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New perfumes smell too similar these days I think. I recently tried Calvin Klein's new one Down Town on the basis that I love most of his fragrances, and I was really disappointed. It's a very non-descript fruity floral which could easily pass for Escada, Anna Sui, or any of these kind of inoffensive teen-twentysomething scents.

So, I am going back to the old school. I am falling in love with all my former fragrances again from back in the days when perfumes used to be distinctive. At the moment I'm hooked on my previous favourites Dolce Vita and Hypnotic Poison by Dior; there's no mistaking them. Knowing by Estee Lauder is also another one which definitely has no replica, and my signature scent, Eternity by Calvin Klein, never goes out of style.

I'm a bit disillusioned by modern fragrances now. Does anyone else find they're very samey? And can you recommend any true 'classics'? (Mitsouko by Guerlain is another one, btw)

Yes I agree, most of the new perfumes now are all a bit meh with no wow factor and all of my favourites have now been discontinued. Dolce & Gabbana (red box) was a favourite of mine and their replacement doesn't even come close. Other old favourites of mine include La Nuit by Paco Rabanne and Gauloise by Molyneux.

However, by spending hours in Debenhams I have finally found three that although not as intoxicating as the above, are now my new favourites. Alien by Thierry Mugler, Aura by Swarovski and Elie Saab eau de parfum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I adore Marc Jacobs' Daisy Eau So Fresh especially the sunshine edition, I'm so tempted to gift myself a new bottle of it at Christmas. :) I also really like YSL's Elle and Chanel's Chance. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell in love again with one of my old favourites.
    Haven't worn it in many years, it used to be my main Autumn/Winter scent of choice.

Found a bottle in back of a cupboard yesterday, decided to spray it to see if it had gone funny..
    Fell in love with the scent again immediately and immediately put some on there and then.
    Wore it today too.

Dior, Pure Poison. Absolutely love it!!!

Jees it was almost like a little love story when I found the bottle :o
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shalimar, Samsara, jardin de bagatelle--Love Guerlain

Chanel cocoa, cocoa mademoiselle-remind me of duty free

Can remember my mum wearing Tabu, tweed and Charlie - they didn't half pong tho not all oldies are goodies
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Anyone else like Tom Ford- Black Orchid?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, did take a quick read through the thread, but I've fallen for Bvlgari Jasmin Noir. It's a beautiful scent, especially for the evening, and I love the heavy black glass bottle and gold lid.

Special mention to Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude. A real summery, coconutty but sophisticated scent.
  • Options
    Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    At the moment I love Gucci Guilty. An all time fav is Chanel Coco and Madamoislle Coco. Oh and the the original DKNY - it smells like tomato leaves to me :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    GHOST for me,its my everyday perfume

I like GHOST Deep Night. :)