Favourite Shampoo

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Aussie all the way. And then in second place is Head & Shoulders. But if there's ever any new ones I like giving them a try but right now Aussie & Head & Shoulders do the job for me.
  • HandyBendyWendyHandyBendyWendy Posts: 3,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother kept going on about a Lush shampoo that's like a dry soap in a tin saying how marvellous it was and I should try it. I wasn't convinced as it sounded a bit wierd but she bought me one to try and I must say that I have been very impressed. My hair is thin and fine and normally needs washing every day but it made my hair soft and shiny and at last I didn't have to wash my hair again the next morning. It's still wierd though rubbing a tin of shampoo over your wet head!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pantene Smooth n Sleek or Lee Stafford's Polka Straight range!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L'Oreal Elvive for greasy hair and dandruff :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love SVolume's Smooth range, and also the Paul Mitchell teatree range is so so refreshing!
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When buying any beauty product, as with household detergents, I always consider the ingredients, whether it has been tested on animals, contains animal by-products, etc. Products containing parabens, for example, can be dangerous.

On all grounds, Ojon shampoo and conditioner are my favourites. And they make the hair look and feel good! For a 1 litre bottle of shampoo and 1 litre of conditioner, it cost me approx. £65.00. I bought them in december 2007, and we (2) are still using them, so they are well worth it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo (yellow bottle)
    and the Redken Pure Pearl Treatment (in the tube)

Great for highlighted/bleached hair. Keeps it from going brassy, and makes your hair feel really clean at the same time. Been using it since Xmas, and my mom tried some the other week and loved it so much that she got some herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    herbal essences :)

for greasy roots and dry ends especially, i thought they'd never invent it!

but sometimes its nice to try out a new shampoo cos your hair can get tired of the old one and a new one makes it look nice
  • cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aussie here too, mainly Mega. Their Luscious Long is good, but I've just had my hair cut in a bob, so I'm now using Volume.

Sometimes I use John Frieda Sheer Blonde .

The hairdresser used Fudge Oomph on me, I loved it, but it's a bit pricey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few but the one I use most is L'Oreal gloss - the one in the pink bottle - that's lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    My mother kept going on about a Lush shampoo that's like a dry soap in a tin saying how marvellous it was and I should try it. I wasn't convinced as it sounded a bit wierd but she bought me one to try and I must say that I have been very impressed. My hair is thin and fine and normally needs washing every day but it made my hair soft and shiny and at last I didn't have to wash my hair again the next morning. It's still wierd though rubbing a tin of shampoo over your wet head!

That sounds really interesting- I'll have to pop in and get one to try when I'm next passing a Lush shop, if I don't first pass out from the aroma! :p:)

I tend to alternate between a couple of different shampoos- one specifically for blonde hair (can't for the life of me remember the name of it), ASDA's own medicated shampoo (I love the smell of it so much!), Herbal Essences, and GHD shampoo. I'm not really a fan of the smell of the GHD shampoo so don't use it as often as the other ones- the smell really sort of lingers around my hair for a while afterwards :( But it makes my hair feel lovely!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Stafford!! I just love the smell of it
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aussie- Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner

then for an extra treat when hair really dry the 3 min reconstructor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    must try some of those recommended

any suggestions for one which really lathers up???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the supersoft coconut and yogurt shampoo and conditioner at the mo:)
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    Ojon shampoo and conditioner are my favourites. And they make the hair look and feel good! For a 1 litre bottle of shampoo and 1 litre of conditioner, it cost me approx. £65.00. I bought them in december 2007, and we (2) are still using them, so they are well worth it!

I only use Ojon now as well, after so many years of trying different shampoos for my fine hair (with some hair loss due to illness) After discovering Ojon last year I've fallen in love with the range, especially their fortifying regime. My hairdresser couldn't believe the difference in my hair the last time I went in for a trim! :D It smells SO good as well, especially the Ojon oil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    original source mint and tea tree

AJxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Brilliant Brunette by John Frieda or Toni & Guy Colour Reviver Chocolate Brown
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using Nicky Clarke's curl shampoo and conditioner and CHarles Worthington shampoo at times aswell.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    Now this is going to sound very extravagant but I felt I needed it. I went into L'Occitane yesterday and bought shampoo and conditioner at £11 each. I've not really liked anything other than the Lush products I bought last year.

I have to say that my hair felt fantastic this morning after using it - really light and easy to manage - well conditioned but "clean". I hardly used any product at all and think it could easily last 6 months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I love Herbal Essences - the red one smells lovely.

Also, Toni & Guy/Label M is really good, especially the one for straightening hair.
  • sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Has anyone tried TiGi Catwalk Honey & Oatmeal shampoo/conditioner?
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    When buying any beauty product, as with household detergents, I always consider the ingredients, whether it has been tested on animals, contains animal by-products, etc. Products containing parabens, for example, can be dangerous.

On all grounds, Ojon shampoo and conditioner are my favourites. And they make the hair look and feel good! For a 1 litre bottle of shampoo and 1 litre of conditioner, it cost me approx. £65.00. I bought them in december 2007, and we (2) are still using them, so they are well worth it!

They don't contain parabens, but notice they contain nuts which could be dangerous for people with nut-allergy.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    jinder7 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried TiGi Catwalk Honey & Oatmeal shampoo/conditioner?

That smells absolutely gorgeous - like the push up ice lollys you used to get when I was a kid - but I really, really dislike the whole TIGI range because I think it's crap and makes my hair looks rubbish :( The salon where I go uses it though so that's how I know.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've used Sunsilk for blonde/highlighted hair for ages now, and my naturally blonde har, which normally goes a bit darker during the winter months, has stayed lovely and blonde all throughout the winter, and it has some lovely golden 'highlights' too.

Saying that, I bought Boots Botanics honey and chamomile (I think - definitely honey though!)shampoo and conditioner the other day, as it was on 2 for £5 offer, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Again for blonde hair, and my hair looks fab and smells fab too!

:)