Where do people buy their clothes from nowadays?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I buy most of my clothes in the USA - I go there every couple of months with work so always come back with a full bag.

Was there last week: Levis 501/505s for $30, that's just a shade over 15 quid.

I'm off to LA in August... hoping to stock up on jeans!
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    You can say that again, the shampoo he sold me is for rugs :eek:

dirty rug eh? :o;)
  • EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to shop in many places such as Topshop, Zara, River Island, H&M, House of Fraizer, Gap and New Look. But when i want a good bargain, i pop into Asda for George's range of clothing or Primark (the one in Oxford St. is huge!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    Topshop is the only shop I know that sells 36" leg length so It's great for getting jeans in! It also has a good maternity range and other cool things like nice hoodies and t-shirts, the kate moss collection is like only a small percentage of what the store actually sells!

Topshop is where i buy majority of my jeans. You can easily find the perfect fit in both waist & lenght. I would be lost without Topshop when it comes to buying a pair of jeans.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that I'm not a happy clothes shopper, it bores me after a while, as every store seems to stock similar items.
    And what irritates me is that the sizes vary so much in every store, that now I can never determine whether to take in my usual size to the changing room, or take a selection of sizes just for one thing to try on!
    My clothes vary from size 8 - 16, depending on which store I buy from, it's ridiculous!
    Nowadays though, I just tend to buy one top or whatever in 2 sizes and just try them on at home, and more often that not, take both sizes back for a refund, because it's either too tight or too big!

Just cannot win the sizing war :mad:
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dirty rug eh? :o;)

Spotless I'll have you know :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    Topshop is where i buy majority of my jeans. You can easily find the perfect fit in both waist & lenght. I would be lost without Topshop when it comes to buying a pair of jeans.

I know its the only place I can get jeans to wear with high heals, I can only wear 34length with flats so their tall section is great!
  • holbobholbob Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I get most of mine from Joe Brown's online (the non chav stuff), Asda and occasionally Debenhams.
  • laura_saulafanlaura_saulafan Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topshop is the only shop I know that sells 36" leg length so It's great for getting jeans in! It also has a good maternity range and other cool things like nice hoodies and t-shirts, the kate moss collection is like only a small percentage of what the store actually sells!

No, I'm not talking about the Kate Moss collection. Even pre that it was just of full of stuff she'd wear and I don't like her style.

I do agree with you they have good denims and a lot of other things, its just some of their stuff I would not be seen dead in but a lot of girls love 'cos its in the magazines. I'm the opposite from you, I love the jeans in there 'cos I can get the really short length :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    I usually by from River Island, Oasis, USC, and Republic. I have quite a lot of Abercrombie and Fitch stuff because I bought loads last time I was in America.
    I don't get the fasination with Topshop. I like some of their stuff, others are silly looking and only bought by wannabe indie girls who think 'cos Kate Moss looks good in it they will too.

I know exactly what you mean. Topshop has been a major disappointment lately, I only ever buy jeans from there now. Unless I'm in the London store where they sell other brands too.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    new look, bay, topshop, mrs selfridges, river island, miss 60 dorethy perkins & sometimes primark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topman republic and some others depands how much money ive got usually not very much lol i had 150 quid for my birthday with that i brought 3 items im terrible with money but i love my coat lol
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Having lost a fair bit of weight over the last year (though with more to go) I am relishing the fact that I no longer have to shop in Evans!

My favs at the moment are M&S (Per Una range) and Next.

We were talking about clothes at Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and apparently one goal that a lot of people have with their weight loss is to be able to shop in Next. That will probably change now that Next have increased their range of sizes, but generally people do still see it as something to aim for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    depends what i want. i like New Look, Miss Selfridge, River Island, Oasis, Jane Norman, Warehouse etc when im looking for something nice and looking to spend. i look in Debenhams and other department stores if im looking for something special too. since they have loads of choice in one store.

for essentials and basics, i look in Primark. i love their PJ's too. i like the t-shirts, tank tops, etc.

ive also started to quite like topshop again, there was a time when it went downhill and i could never see anything decent, now i see a lot i like
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WillowFae wrote: »
    Having lost a fair bit of weight over the last year (though with more to go) I am relishing the fact that I no longer have to shop in Evans!

My favs at the moment are M&S (Per Una range) and Next.

We were talking about clothes at Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and apparently one goal that a lot of people have with their weight loss is to be able to shop in Next. That will probably change now that Next have increased their range of sizes, but generally people do still see it as something to aim for.

Ahh congratulations on the weight loss! Enjoy shopping in next!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly New Look, Primark, H&M, River Island, Gap, George @ Asda, buy some clothes off the internet as well.
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Ahh congratulations on the weight loss! Enjoy shopping in next!

Thanks. It is really frustrating because I can see all these lovely clothes that I can finally buy, but I'm trying hard to restrict myself as hopefully they won't fit in a few months time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    www.thefashionhut.co.uk for t-shirts and accessories, www.riverisland.co.uk for jeans and www.asos.co.uk for going out stuff.
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    I get some of mine from a few little independent shops near where I live. I also buy some clothes from House of Fraser, Fenwick, Carhartt, Gap, Bench etc. To be honest most of my clothes I buy in the US as I'm generally there once a year so I stockpile on American designer underwear/socks/jeans which cost a fraction of the price that they do here.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly with this credit crunch i think i will be buying from Oxfam in future :eek::eek:

Up to now work clothes were George and going out were Next.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly buy from Internacionale and MK One.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Superdry so tend to go that store quite a lot, Triple S too which does a lot of the JunkFood range

Other than that Debenhams and Fenwick though non of their own ranges of stuff.

Topman and River Island are ok and I like TUCCI too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hobbs, Planet, Long Tall Sally ( just so I can get the trouser length I need), Principles, Kew, Monsoon, Coast, Phase Eight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Jane Norman

River Island used to be fave but they're getting too tooo pricey

Was never really a fan of Topshop... except for Jeans and cheap tops (like the colourful vest tops you can get for £4 etc)

Zara's ok but some of the quality of their clothing is awful!