Options

Wrong local TV News on BBC1

paulhayes50paulhayes50 Posts: 49
Forum Member
Hi,
My first post on this forum so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place !

My wife has just told me that the local news is 'all wrong' on BBC 1.......

We live in Weymouth and are serviced by the Wyke Regis relay transmitter.
This normally provides local news 'Spotlight' from South West (Devon / Cornwall area).

We appear to be getting 'Points West' from Bristol instead.
She has checked on both our TV's which have both recently been re-tuned.
We cant pick up any other transmitters as the signal is far too weak, so its definately coming from Wyke.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? My Mrs will be most disappointed if she cant see David Braine doing the weather any more !!!

Thanks
Paul :)

Comments

• Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry,
    The studio which provides your local news has suffered a power cut...so as a temp stop gap they were linking to the points west news.
  • Options
    paulhayes50paulhayes50 Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the quick response David
    Will call Mrs and tell her to stop panicking !!!

Cheers
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    The Tacolneston transmitter in Norfolk still broadcasts Meridian News instead of Anglia on Channel 103 and we get no local or national news on BBC HD on 101. Given that we have now had digital TV for around 5 years this is pretty disgraceful. Why the hell they cannot get the local feeds is beyond belief even if they weren't in HD at least you wouldn't have to retune.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    In Portsmouth on BBC1 HD we get news for Kent instead of local area, for local news you have to goto BBC on channel 1 - which can be a bit annoying, but not the end of the world
  • Options
    BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Portsmouth on BBC1 HD we get news for Kent instead of local area, for local news you have to goto BBC on channel 1 - which can be a bit annoying, but not the end of the world

You must be getting mixed up with ITV HD. BBC1 HD cannot show regional news because it is a single service all over England. In other words, whatever you see on BBC1 HD in Cornwall you see in Northumberland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Ahh yeah that would be it!!! Sorry