New go compare ad?

123457»

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Looks like I am the only one who feels sorry for him now :) I could not stand him before this new ad !
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id rather of seen Stuart Pearce just run up to him and give him a good kicking.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So there's a new Co Comapre ad with Stuart Pearce so they are not killing him off and are now using the premise of him being annoying it really has reached a new low.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I think Tom Daley should be in the next one as a heat-seeking torpedo! Alternatively, maybe Giles Brandreth could be enlisted to bore Gio Compare into a catatonic state!
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    kriZbii wrote: »
    I can see why some people complained, it's not like attempted murder is funny and it's definitely not justified just because somebody is annoying and over-exposed.

The likes of Anthea Turner, Jill Dando, and John Barrowman have at times seemed unavoidable on TV over the years as they seemed to be on something all the time. Did anyone hear about Jill Dando's murder and think, good well at least she won't be on TV any more.

That's an extreme example, but it's the same principle, they could have done a series of light-hearted Roadrunner-style ads with people trying to stop him singing and build up to Sue Barker resorting to a rocket launcher to get him. Having a sinister stalker track him then try to murder him is unnecessary. Without the stalking middle part of the ad it wouldn't be so bad, but they could still have done something similar with a greater sense of fun. Instead Sue Barker is a cold-blooded killer. Very funny.

I was a bit uneasy watching the Sue Barker ad. It brought to mind more serious matters that we hear too much of in the news. Yes indeed a more light hearted Roadrunner style would have been better.
    The Stuart Pearce ( is that his name ? :o I'm not a footie fan) ad is much much better.