The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I think there was only Shaun,Mark & Anne originally then Paul joined but not sure what series if that helps :)

It was just Shaun and Mark at first, then Anne joined in the second series.
  • Bryant N MayBryant N May Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    It was just Shaun and Mark at first, then Anne joined in the second series.

Many thanks.

On a slightly different theme, would I be right in thinking Shaun gives contestants a slightly better chance of winning than the other Chasers and Mark maybe just about the least chance or not much between the others ?
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe Shaun got the Greece question wrong. Sometimes I think they get these questions wrong if the player is well ahead to try and create some tension at them not taking the higher offer.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THIS. It's always Shaun that gets the worst music mixes as well - they just restarted the tune every time the clock restarted today.

At least when they made it restart from the first key change, it had a tune, but this... Made the final chase dull, I must say. ^^'

I can honestly say that I've never noticed the music. I'm too busy trying to answer the question.

There's far too much background music in television these days, most of it unnecessary. Some of it is quite obtrusive and annoying - The Cube, for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rectangle 3 sides, really

That made me lol :D
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can honestly say that I've never noticed the music. I'm too busy trying to answer the question.

There's far too much background music in television these days, most of it unnecessary. Some of it is quite obtrusive and annoying - The Cube, for example.

Thank goodness for that. I thought I was the only one.

I agree about the music. My hearing isn't great and the music makes things more difficult. I know there are subtitles but have you watched them? Often it's like a foreign language.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe Shaun got the Greece question wrong.
    He is hopeless when anything vaguely connected to a foreign language comes up. I think most people would know or guess at most Greek names ending in 's'. The football connection was not really relevant - the most likely answer for a group of Greeks if they all end the same was 's'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Many thanks.

On a slightly different theme, would I be right in thinking Shaun gives contestants a slightly better chance of winning than the other Chasers and Mark maybe just about the least chance or not much between the others ?

Yes, statistically-speaking Shaun is the weakest. According to the Wikipedia article, which is regularly updated, he wins about 66% of the time.

Anne is the strongest Chaser with a win-rate of ~80%. Paul is next best at ~77% (albeit with fewer appearances) and Mark ranks third out of four, winning around 72% of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(game_show)#Chaser_records
  • Soap VillainSoap Villain Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was mildly funny the first time he did that but it isn't any longer.

I still find it personally amusing.

I don't like it when he says something like "Shaun goes also right with Czechoslovakia" though.

Do you see what I did there?
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Routine win for Anne today, never in any danger of losing. She definitely is the strongest Chaser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One down. Three to go. Annabel wasn't much of a loss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two down, it's Yazz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two down, it's Yazz

Oh dear. He was a good player too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one out? I'm pretty sure it's lace.
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :)
    Has a chaser ever run out of time in the multi choice round?
    I've seen contestants do it a few times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy did well there, seems to have a good breadth of knowledge, but will be difficult in final Chase with no one else to help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »

Hi David!
    No idea. I can't even remember what happened yesterday. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure, vague recollection that maybe Chaser ran out of time once, don't remember who though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A stroll in the park for Mark today.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
    Forum Member
    First time I actually noticed the music - it did ruin the ending :(

But with 11, she was never going to do it anyway.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure Paul ran out of time in one of his earlier games.
  • P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The key to successfully beating the Chaser is to try and get all 4 contestants into the final chase, even if that means contestant 4 takes a minus offer and reduces the final pot.
    The quiz knowledge of 4 contestants + a 4 step head-start is a really huge advantage.

Mark Labett has already said as much in his tweets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    The key to successfully beating the Chaser is to try and get all 4 contestants into the final chase, even if that means contestant 4 takes a minus offer and reduces the final pot.
    The quiz knowledge of 4 contestants + a 4 step head-start is a really huge advantage.

Mark Labett has already said as much in his tweets.

Yeah, that's certainly how it should work.

I suppose you could argue that the bigger the team, the more likely they are to get in each other's way: the wrong person answers the question; they don't pass quickly enough because they're hoping someone else is going to answer; or they pass too soon and stop somebody else answering.

But when you think how often teams lose with just a couple of seconds to go, that bigger head start would have made all the difference.
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul did run out of time once in multiple choice but that is the only time.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul I think has run out of time twice, I don't think any of the other chasers have.
This discussion has been closed.