No Money Rita C/S

dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
Forum Member
I would like to see how Rita would cope without money. As she seems to think she's the bank of England with it all. Any views on this?

Comments

• NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would love this. Fawning around thinking she owns the place and the damn Queen of the Street. I hope Dennis is back just to take her money before leaving again.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    dolly doo wrote: »
    I would like to see how Rita would cope without money. As she seems to think she's the bank of England with it all. Any views on this?

Well she was left quite minted after her two husbands dies wasn't she? It would be good if her next 'rich' husband was actually someone like that guy who ripped Diane off in Emmerdale and she was left penniless! See if she turns Norris down then!!!
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dolly doo wrote: »

I can't even remember the last time Reet wrote someone a check. I don't think it would make much difference if she wasn't flush as Norris will always let her work in the Kabin.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewis comes back & takes all of Rita's money!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reet has worked her entire life and is still working now at 80. Why shouldn't she have money? And I love that she occasionally uses some of it to help people who need it. Don't get the resentment of her tbh.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loathe the sanctimonious hypocrite hag.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hatred of Rita on here is both hilarious and disturbing.
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hatred of Rita on here is both hilarious and disturbing.

LOL - agree with you completely, David. :D
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wig would have to go for a start
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Absolutely loathe the sanctimonious hypocrite hag.
    Rita is none of these. Ok, you don't like her........ Just say so instead of unnecessary name calling.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like ole Rita. If she wants to flash her cheque book about, that's up to her.

She'll never be destitute anyway ... not as long as Norris is breathing. :)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Rita is none of these. Ok, you don't like her........ Just say so instead of unnecessary name calling.

She's only a character you know!:D
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good ol' Reet isn't exactly hated by everyone - ahem: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1864745 ;-)
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,812
    Forum Member
    She could flog some of her clothes to keep the wolf from the door. I don't like them much but they look expensive. Another poster noted on an episode thread that Steph's outfit was Rita-esque so there's at least one potential customer.

At any rate if she was skint she'd have to curb her spending on hideous garments, which would be a result for viewers :cool:
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she will get charged with drunk driving and have to pay a fortune to keep out of the Big Hoose.
    Forum Member
    How old is Rita? Would she need some sort of assessment to check she's still fit to drive?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member

She is sanctimonious and she is a hypocrite. Why don't you concentrate on soap characters instead of other posters. For a minute there, I thought you were attempting to tell me what I can post and what I can't.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mo Mouse is correct though. She always thinks she is above others, a snobbish woman, always putting down either Norris or Dennis, its a no wonder Dennis did a moonlight flit, what with her lording over him for ages. She is a lousy hypocrite, she wanted to report Sylvia to the police because Dennis got high on space cakes once, yet looked the other direction when Tommy was stashing drugs at the garage and her precious Tina was stealing them.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    How old is Rita? Would she need some sort of assessment to check she's still fit to drive?

Yes, a breathalyser. :blush:
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rita isn't real you know.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Isnt she?:o next thing you will be telling us Weatherfield doesnt really exist!!:p
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »

Please don't suggest that. I've sent her a begging letter.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    The wig would have to go for a start

Aaargh that hideous wig! :o
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    that Suit she wears with handbags and shoes on looks like shes bought kits to make your own birthday cards and stuck the bits on her clothes