Disappointed With Jale

124»

Comments

• SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe that she felt pressured by Chris, i just think she couldn't wait to spread the gossip to Danielle and Ashleigh.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is simply not true.

It is very unlikely someone will just randomly ask her if she heard anyone shout something over the wall when she was in the garden. The only way anyone else would even consider that is if either Chris, Christopher or Jale told them.

If someone asks her who she thinks is the PH and she tells them she doesn't know, that would not be lying, because she doesn't know. For goodness sake, it was a total stranger who shouted something over the wall. Shameful that she's willing to throw Chris under the bus based on a comment shouted over the wall by a total stranger.

Exactly.
    What is shameful is that you are totally unprepared to consider this matter from Jale"s point of view.

It's from Jale's point of view that she doesn't know Chris is the power HM.

It's from our POV that it's known. We know because we've seen things Jale hasn't.

All Jale has is some random person shouting over a wall. Shouts over the wall can easily be wrong, and for all she knows, they are wrong.
  • diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    You can't defend the indefensible. Jale has sat back and allowed Helen and co to walk all over her and she now suddenly turns on Chris, the most reserved and least confrontational person in that house. Someone who has been nothing but nice to her.

If she took a step back she would realise the power housemate has done her a huge favour by nominating Pauline.

It's all about Jale though. She thinks this is her ticket back into the ''gang''. She forgets they hated her long before Chris was made power housemate.

The fact is that this being constantly discussed including by those jale feels close to ,she is bound to be party to some of those discussions yet she is expected to sit there and not let on that she believes herself to have good reason to suspect that Chris is the PH. .BY telling Danielle and Ashleigh she is merely relieving herself of the possibility of being left in this invidious position.
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    That is simply not true.

It is very unlikely someone will just randomly ask her if she heard anyone shout something over the wall when she was in the garden. The only way anyone else would even consider that is if either Chris, Christopher or Jale told them.

If someone asks her who she thinks is the PH and she tells them she doesn't know, that would not be lying, because she doesn't know. For goodness sake, it was a total stranger who shouted something over the wall. Shameful that she's willing to throw Chris under the bus based on a comment shouted over the wall by a total stranger.

In the highlights last night Big Brother ordered them in from the garden, as is won't to happen (like in past series) when someone is shouting in or throwing something in from outside. It is inevitable that the others who were inside would have barraged them with questions as to what happened. It's unlikely that they would have ignored it, isn't it. They must analyze everything in there. Jale probably didn't want to lie and say nothing happened. We have no direct evidence of this but it is likely some questions would be asked if they were told to come in from the garden.
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I'm not doing that. I've said in a few posts that I prefer to just wait and see how this plays out and see if we are presented with a fuller context.
    If you want to judge everything by the edit then good luck to you. You might be more accurate with just simple guessing.:D

I think that there has to be an element of guessing and assuming because the edit isn't truth in itself, it still needs interpretation which rightly or wrongly is all we can really do.

I can only take what I see on the edit and make my opinions from that. I'm not going to assume or guess with stuff I don't feel I have no proof for. For example take the situation with Jale & Chris, you have some saying Chris must be doing something to make Jale act the way she did/is. The same with Jale been bullied, you have people saying she must be doing something to be treated that way. For me it's a stretch to think that way and that's what I meant.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Okay, thanks, I understand you now. Fair point.:)

I agree with your post. The main problem with just about all the housemates this year is that they seem to be too weak. The only housemates who appear to be strong happen to be housemates who are simply horrible.
    Which is going to be a big problem for me when football beckons on other channels.

In my haste to voice my annoyance I think I skim over important points sometimes. E.g. what a cowbag I think Helen is. :D

Its a shame we can't have a strong minded, kind individual. Seems they are not part & parcel where housemates are concerned.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I was struck by something you said in another thread:

"Struck by" as in my two quotes seem like a contradiction? Yes, they do rather reading it back. :D Let me try to explain....

When I described Jale saying "taken hostage" as nonsense it was in the context of me not believing that was her true motivation. I suspected it was moral justification for simply wanting to blab. Cognitive dissonance possibly, ie subconscious flim flam. Just like I suspect that her being arsey with Chris is masking the discomfort she feels with the moral choice she's made.

But regardless of her motivations, conscious or unconscious, when An Thropologist and Yes noman started to discuss the semantics of the word "hostage", I also do believe this word in particular may have jumped into her head (not once but twice) because it speaks to her victimised state of mind, at least in that house.

Does that make any kind of sense? It does in my head!