The Official Christmas Radio Times 2010 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread I've really enjoyed it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1411797
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread I've really enjoyed it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1411797

updated link

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1401593
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Steed wrote: »
    Anyone still not got their subscription copy?

Yep, me. Subscribed back in October on their 6 for 1 offer, continued the subscription and have had every issue apart from this one.
    Forum Member
    lemonbun wrote: »
    Yep, me. Subscribed back in October on their 6 for 1 offer, continued the subscription and have had every issue apart from this one.

this thread is closed post on the 2011 thread link post above
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »

Oh no it's not! Anyway, I don't want to countdown to the 2011 edition unless it improves.

I have also decided, that unless improvements are made, this years Xmas RT will be the last one for my collection. 2010 is a nice round number to stop.
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Oh no it's not! Anyway, I don't want to countdown to the 2011 edition unless it improves.

I have also decided, that unless improvements are made, this years Xmas RT will be the last one for my collection. 2010 is a nice round number to stop.

the 2010 edition is here already there is no more to countdown

and you do not decide that there will not be a 2011 countdown you are not the only reader who cares if you do not read it you are just 1 person will not make much difference stop being selfish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the 2010 edition is here already there is no more to countdown

and you do not decide that there will not be a 2011 countdown you are not the only reader who cares if you do not read it you are just 1 person will not make much difference stop being selfish

I never said that there shouldn't be a 2011 countdown thread. Please don't be so rude and accuse me of selfishness. I said that I didn't want to countdown to 2011, suggesting that my love affair with RT had ceased. I would not, and do not, expect others to follow suit and boycott a thread that they may be interested in. You have no right to tell me not to participate in this thread that is currently still open, if I so wish.

When I throw the RT away for this year, my view is that that is when the next countdown should begin. Your view may, of course be different. You do things your way and I'll do things my way. Is that alright? Do you approve? If not I don't really care!
    Forum Member
    I never said that there shouldn't be a 2011 countdown thread. Please don't be so rude and accuse me of selfishness. I said that I didn't want to countdown to 2011, suggesting that my love affair with RT had ceased. I would not, and do not, expect others to follow suit and boycott a thread that they may be interested in. You have no right to tell me not to participate in this thread that is currently still open, if I so wish.

When I throw the RT away for this year, my view is that that is when the next countdown should begin. Your view may, of course be different. You do things your way and I'll do things my way. Is that alright? Do you approve? If not I don't really care!

sorry :( read your post wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry :( read your thread wrong

No worries. It's Christmas, season of goodwill. Have a good one and I hope you enjoy looking forward to the 2011 Xmas RT. Merry Christmas.:)
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my love affair with RT

Bilmey days, it's a magazine, not someone you go out with, sheesh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member

On who's say so. There may be others wanting to comment on the contents.
    You csnt just decide yourself then tell people to post on the 2011 thread, which just happens to be one you started.
  • Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have just cancelled my sub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bilmey days, it's a magazine, not someone you go out with, sheesh.

Obviously I meant it in a metaphorical way! I don't reach orgasm with it! But I used to enjoy buying the RT week in and week out and it was back in 1983 when I first bought the Xmas RT and Xmas TV Times with my birthday money. I was at school. Since then (I am now 42) I generally bought it without fail and would get excited about the Xmas edition. Not any more. I felt no enthusiasm at all this year. That's all I meant. I didn't actually mean that I took it out on dates! Although it occasionally gave me more enjoyment than some of my girlfriends!:D
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously I meant it in a metaphorical way! I don't reach orgasm with it! But I used to enjoy buying the RT week in and week out and it was back in 1983 when I first bought the Xmas RT and Xmas TV Times with my birthday money. I was at school. Since then (I am now 42) I generally bought it without fail and would get excited about the Xmas edition. Not any more. I felt no enthusiasm at all this year. That's all I meant. I didn't actually mean that I took it out on dates! Although it occasionally gave me more enjoyment than some of my girlfriends!:D

Okay, haha :p

Why are you not excited about getting the magazine - is it because of this year's changes?
  • NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now this is getting seriously ridiculous and some people need to cop the **** on! what ever happened to opening the xmas RT thread a few weeks before it's release date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, haha :p

Why are you not excited about getting the magazine - is it because of this year's changes?

Partly because of the changes.
    Also, the cover this year felt lazy and uninspired. As if trying to cash in on the success of the Christmas stamps. I didn't like the way traditional covers have been sidelined for an overkill on a now over emphasised animated duo.

But I think it is mainly due to the arrogance the editor has shown towards me in his email reply when he suggested that if I didn't like it I could carry on buying the telegraph supplement on Saturdays but that the supplement is printed on newsprint not glossy paper. In other words he said that he was so in touch with what readers want, yet when I, a reader, disagreed with him, he basically stuck his fingers up at me!

Also the mysterious survey that was carried out in September has had no relevance at all as no changes were made as a result.

It is interesting to see just how many Xmas RT's are left where I work.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Wooo! Just got an email saying I'm getting the Wallace and Gromit badge! :D
  • tomish2004tomish2004 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Now everyone has got their copies and started using them what do people think of this year's Christmas Radio Times?

I ended up buying both the Radio Times and Total TV Guide this year. I have to say I do find the TTVG listings a lot clearer to read. As someone said earlier the main problem with RT's daytime panel is that you can't help scan the evening listings while trying to read the day's daytime listings. TTVG's daytime listings are not as detailed as RT's, but I think are easier to read.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomish2004 wrote: »
    As someone said earlier the main problem with RT's daytime panel is that you can't help scan the evening listings while trying to read the day's daytime listings. .

Nail on the head. :D

Anyone got the 1-7 Jan issue yet?
  • DieDieMyDarlingDieDieMyDarling Posts: 4,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now everyone has got their copies and started using them what do people think of this year's Christmas Radio Times?

I ended up buying both the Radio Times and Total TV Guide this year. I have to say I do find the TTVG listings a lot clearer to read. As someone said earlier the main problem with RT's daytime panel is that you can't help scan the evening listings while trying to read the day's daytime listings. TTVG's daytime listings are not as detailed as RT's, but I think are easier to read.

I've been really disappointed with it this year. So much so, I won't bother next year. I'll just stick with digiguide.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Nail on the head. :D

Anyone got the 1-7 Jan issue yet?

thats not out till friday
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aren't the main channel listings in Total TV Guide exactly the same as the ones in TV Choice, which is on sale at under half Total's price?
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    emails wrote: »

I bet there'll be problems with it, though. And there are only a few delivery days next week. So I bet it'll arrive after 1 January for some subscribers.
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just had an eamil saying ive won a Wallce and Gromit badge but will be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »

But some subscribers got their two pre-Christmas issues 2 days before the "on sale " date