Options

Four in a Bed - New Series

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I think they should gather all the rogue pubes they've found and send them to the CDWM contestant, who collected them, think he was from Kent.
    Maybe they could make the winner certificate out of them.

Yes, the 'artist' was also featured on the auditions for this year's Britain's Got Talent. Dreadful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KXfZXGY-fM
  • Options
    RS11RS11 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I expect someone has already posted this but I'm not about to read through all 95 pages....

One thing they could do to make this show better would be to keep the standard room charges secret and then people would genuinely pay what they felt their stay was worth and not try to play tactics.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RS11 wrote: »
    I expect someone has already posted this but I'm not about to read through all 95 pages....

One thing they could do to make this show better would be to keep the standard room charges secret and then people would genuinely pay what they felt their stay was worth and not try to play tactics.

Maybe if they were given a range of typical B&B prices for that area so they take regional weightings into account.
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Maybe if they were given a range of typical B&B prices for that area so they take regional weightings into account.

The problem with all that is that with modern technology they could easily find out what the actual price charged is, even if they didn't know where they were going until they got there.
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit bored and found the first series of this on 4oD so I thought I'd see what was so bad about the donkey lady that you all kept mentioning! At first I wondered what the big deal was but my God, by the second or third episode, she really showed her true colours. What an AWFUL woman! If I ever go to Wales and happen to see her, I'm not going to be able to control my anger!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit bored and found the first series of this on 4oD so I thought I'd see what was so bad about the donkey lady that you all kept mentioning! At first I wondered what the big deal was but my God, by the second or third episode, she really showed her true colours. What an AWFUL woman! If I ever go to Wales and happen to see her, I'm not going to be able to control my anger!

Don't worry, Wales is quite a big place you know.;)
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idiot_box wrote: »
    Don't worry, Wales is quite a big place you know.;)

Haha, I know. But it would be just my luck to manage to bump ino her!
  • Options
    grumpycrabgrumpycrab Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Doesn't seem to be a Three in the Bed thread, but here's a classic line from Stephen Mangan last night (don't know if these are repeats or not). "...the sun rises over the rhubarb fields..." [of North Yorkshire] with a brass band playing in the background. Classic.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching a repeat I hadn't seen before. Donkey woman is horrific!!
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    Watching a repeat I hadn't seen before. Donkey woman is horrific!!

I'm catching up with this too. What an absolute horror that big fat donkey woman is. She is a total nightmare :eek::mad:
    As for that woman that is never happy with anything, I would be in jail for murder with those two :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    You_mo wrote: »
    Donkey woman is horrific!!
    And I always thought Jabba the Hutt was a bloke ... ;)
  • Options
    JayneykulJayneykul Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I have only just come across this website where have I been! I love this show and dont know anyone else who watches it. I couldnt indulge myself in reading the whole thread and just picked random pages but to my joy I found on around page 44 the 1 with the B&B in Marple which is where I live. Watched that and couldnt believe how boring that man was and with everything the area has to offer taking the others to the flippin railway station! Did anyone ever find out what his secret past life was?
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what about the gay pair who organised a gay entertainment night for the other 3 couples... nothing against gays but I thought it was a bit cheeky. The Muslim couple felt uncomfortable. And Paul has a very strange attitude about business.. a thoroughly unpleasant individual, right up himself, if you'll excuse the pun...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with many on this programme, he completely failed to see the programme as the marketing opportunity that it is.

Exactly like the vile donkey woman earlier in the series, his entire persona, and really not much else about their accommodation, will inevitably result in people avoiding them like the plague.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul and Donkey Woman should have been on the same show. Battle of the bitches! :eek:
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFI wrote: »
    As with many on this programme, he completely failed to see the programme as the marketing opportunity that it is.

Exactly like the vile donkey woman earlier in the series, his entire persona, and really not much else about their accommodation, will inevitably result in people avoiding them like the plague.

Absolutely. How he can possibly think that a customer has no rights when they are paying for a service beats me. The - like it or lump it - credo will teach him a tough lesson hopefully. Feel sorry for his partner who seemed very reasonable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Had to laugh when the Welsh woman deadpanned that "guests are always surprised how young we are" like they were in their twenties. It also got on my nerves how she kept saying how funloving she was and then cried because she had to sleep in that shepherds hut (which was overpriced).

Ok the Shephard's hut might not have been my idea but given she prtrays herself as fun loving she is rather hypocritical!
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't particularly taken with Butterfly Dave. On a self indulgent trip, in my opinion.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't particularly taken with Butterfly Dave. On a self indulgent trip, in my opinion.

I quite liked Dave - he seemed to be away with the butterflies half the time. I'd certainly prefer his company to that of Mad Donkey Woman!
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dami86 wrote: »
    Ok the Shephard's hut might not have been my idea but given she prtrays herself as fun loving she is rather hypocritical!

As I think I posted before - I don't really see how being in a primitive shepards hut parked in the yard rather than an en-suite room with all mod cons is "fun":confused:.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterfly Dave was certainly easy going, whereas the donkey woman was poisonous, so yes gboy, if I had to choose between only those two, I'd rather be away with the butterflies at Dave's.

Has anybody who watches Four/Three In A Bed ever stayed in any of the featured b&bs, or plan to?
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayneykul wrote: »
    I have only just come across this website where have I been!
    I don't know... but I must've been there too because I missed this thread.
    Jayneykul wrote: »
    I couldnt indulge myself in reading the whole thread and just picked random pages but to my joy I found on around page 44 the 1 with the B&B in Marple which is where I live.
    Thank you so much for the directions! I'll be off to page 44 as soon as I've hit the submit button.

I'm late to the series and only saw the catchup of the Kevin from Marples series segment yesterday afternoon. What a plonker. I'm sure there are people who'd say "that Kevin... says it like it is" and would stay at the b&b. But surely more of us would run a mile (at speed) from the very thought of him dumping a plate of congealing eggs, sausage, beans, flabby mushrooms... in front of us and refusing to let us leave the table until we'd eaten every bit. What a dreadful, chippy man.

Mind you, I didn't like The Barns either - too sterile and while I'd be perfectly happy to leave the room to make a coffee, I would not like not having locks on the doors. From a security of property when I'm not there point of view as much as anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    viewer123 wrote: »
    She's a loony, as for smoke detectors, they are never fitted over a bed.

Don't you think Jill from Whitby was the real hypocrite in regards to fire safety rather than the couple from Bournemouth especially as Jill made a big deal about lack of smoke alarms yet neglects to mention designated fire meeting point on fire safety poster!
  • Options
    Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Dami86 wrote: »
    Don't you think Jill from Whitby was the real hypocrite in regards to fire safety rather than the couple from Bournemouth especially as Jill made a big deal about lack of smoke alarms yet neglects to mention designated fire meeting point on fire safety poster!

She was just a neurotic mess, crying over cleanliness. Think she must have some sort of OCD.

Didn't like the smug couple who won simply by under paying their rivals - let's hope potential guests see that and give them a sverve :D
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody who watches Four/Three In A Bed ever stayed in any of the featured b&bs, or plan to?

I've only watched a couple of episodes. In the first episode I seen, there was a B&B that I would definitly stay at - it offered more than most hotels, and is really cheap considering.

It was on the show a few months ago and called Hamble Retreat. When the program aired, the maximum price was £110, and when I looked at their website after the show, it was still that price. I've just had a look now and it's at a maximum of £150 per night. That sounds a lot for a B&B, but for that you have access to the pool, jacuzzi, steam room, gym and games room with full sized pool table. There's even free wi-fi access throughout the place. That's more facilities than most hotels offer at around the same price! At £110, I thought it was very underpriced, especially when compared with the other B&Bs on the show.

I had to laugh in the episode as there was an older woman who had a traditional B&B and had been in the business for over 25 years, who was obviously jealous of this B&B. She was that jealous that she said "I couldn't stay here more than 2 nights - I'm be bored!".....whilst in the relaxing in the jacuzzi with a glass of wine!! :D yes, ofcourse you'd be bored!
This discussion has been closed.