Options

Challenge (channel 46) has no picture

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm currently watching Catchphrase on challenge but there's no picture only sound. Anyone know how to fix it? I have tried retuning but that didn't work.

Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try a factory reset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is that located? Is it under menu?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be in the menu somewhere - exactly what it's called varies from box to box. Look for something in the menus called something like "Factory reset", "Factory setting", "Default setting" or "Shipping condition".
  • Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've lost challenge as well so i did the new install and it moved to 795 and says if u lost it do the install and you will get it back but i didn't
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should still be ch46. If not do another new install.
  • Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should still be ch46. If not do another new install.
    i've done that 3 times already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that case do a new install with the aerial plug removed; then again as normal. If you can't get Mux C with Sky News you won't get Challenge which used to be on Mux A.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ilovekrys wrote: »
    i've lost challenge as well so i did the new install and it moved to 795 and says if u lost it do the install and you will get it back but i didn't

I have a full challange on 46 and a few hours a day version on 795 :confused:
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    I have a full challange on 46 and a few hours a day version on 795 :confused:
    The 795 version actually never goes on air. Ignore it. It should go away at some point in the future.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it shows programs at the times shown on the EPG on mine :confused: like a said for a few hours a day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    well it shows programs at the times shown on the EPG on mine :confused: like a said for a few hours a day.

The LCN795 EPG has no data here. Where are you located? The caption on 795 is on permanently even though it says "Back at 6am". If yours is on TV programming for a few hours, which hours are they? BTW 795 is not listed on DMOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The LCN795 EPG has no data here. Where are you located? The caption on 795 is on permanently even though it says "Back at 6am". If yours is on TV programming for a few hours, which hours are they? BTW 795 is not listed on DMOL

Both the ex-Challenge and ex-Pick TV+1 streams are showing an EPG on post-DSO Sutton Coldfield. As as been mentioned many times before, the switch was poorly undertaken and has exposed certain types of receiver more than others. A good opportunity for Sky, the owners of Challenge and Pick TV to sell the reliability of Sky instead of Freeview :rolleyes:.

795 remains the graveyard slot for a inaccurate caption, and I hope it's removed ASAP before it confuses any more. I'm wondering if some viewers may find Challenge on channel 44, the old Pick TV+1 slot due to the reuse of PIDs etc, and some receivers are just not liking it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Post 28th Sep 11 re-tune (approx 23:45) on my three Freeview boxes I get Challenge on 46 (full sound and picture) and on 795 ‘Challenge back at 6am’ text, but ‘no information’ on EPG schedule slots on 795, 6am or otherwise. EPG labels both 795 and 46 as name ‘Challenge’. I am on Mendip Transmitter.

Freeview 46 is on UHF Channel C67 (shown as Mux ARQ A post re-tune 28th Sep on www.digitaluk.co.uk); Freeview 795 is on UHF Channel C48 (shown as Mux A / SDN post re-tune 28th Sep on www.digitaluk.co.uk)

It would appear the 28th Sep 11 re-tune for Mendip was not taken as an opportunity to tidy up this anomaly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post 28th Sep 11 re-tune (approx 23:45) on my three Freeview boxes I get Challenge on 46 (full sound and picture) and on 795 ‘Challenge back at 6am’ text, but ‘no information’ on EPG schedule slots on 795, 6am or otherwise. EPG labels both 795 and 46 as name ‘Challenge’. I am on Mendip Transmitter.

Freeview 46 is on UHF Channel C67 (shown as Mux ARQ A post re-tune 28th Sep on www.digitaluk.co.uk); Freeview 795 is on UHF Channel C48 (shown as Mux A / SDN post re-tune 28th Sep on www.digitaluk.co.uk)

It would appear the 28th Sep 11 re-tune for Mendip was not taken as an opportunity to tidy up this anomaly.
    Yes, that is the normal state of affairs - the two main problems are that the caption on LCN795 Challenge is inaccurate (it seems like it was just taken from the old Welsh version and slightly modified), and that it has an LCN.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I'm on Sutton Colfield Trans and i'm getting this config on my Top Up TV box:

Channel 46 Challenge picture/sound with no EPG info
    Channel 795 EPG info with the 'back at 6am screen' no picture/sound

My other TV's and such are working OK, both Pic/Sound and EPG all on 46. Its just the TUTV box that's wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IAmTheGame wrote: »
    I'm on Sutton Colfield Trans and i'm getting this config on my Top Up TV box:

Channel 46 Challenge picture/sound with no EPG info
    Channel 795 EPG info with the 'back at 6am screen' no picture/sound

My other TV's and such are working OK, both Pic/Sound and EPG all on 46. Its just the TUTV box that's wrong.

TUTV uses its own 14 day EPG produced by Inview which can take time to catch up also because it only is updated once a day. Their boxes can be switched to the Freeview 8 day EPG which is continuously updated. However TUTV acknowledge recording problems with the Freeview EPG and so recommend using the TUTV EPG instead until it is fixed (if ever).

LCN46 has a fully populated Freeview EPG, LCN795 has a blank Freeview EPG. So by the sound of your problem, I'd guess that the TUTV EPG is wrong again. If you're lucky they might fix it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've noticed that Pick TV has had onscreen announcements at the end of programmes about retuning to get Challenge. If ITV or BBC had done such a bad job of migrating servies resulting in the above mentioned problems there would have been such a lot of coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    I've noticed that Pick TV has had onscreen announcements at the end of programmes about retuning to get Challenge. If ITV or BBC had done such a bad job of migrating servies resulting in the above mentioned problems there would have been such a lot of coverage.

I wonder if it is due to ATOS who have taken over the coding & mux centre from Siemens. They are well known cock up merchants who do medicals for DWP without using proper doctors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    So by the sound of your problem, I'd guess that the TUTV EPG is wrong again. If you're lucky they might fix it.

Thanks Ray. 46 EPG has allways been blank since the challenge change for me, i've not had it show any progs.

Its not the end of the world to use the manual record function on the TUTV box, but its a bit of a fiddle so fingers crossed they can get it fixed.
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They made a pigs ear of announcing Ch67 changing to 48, but it didn't. It has confused my STP which seems to believe the advertised change.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    IAmTheGame wrote: »
    Thanks Ray. 46 EPG has allways been blank since the challenge change for me, i've not had it show any progs.
    Yeah, me too - when I retuned, 46 disappeared completely. 795 is also blank but has Challenge's EPG info. I don't have Sky News though, so I understand I must wait for a signal boost on the transmitter, in order to get Mux C.