Options

Opinions on Oti, Gleb, Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm......I like Aljaz but he doesn't strike me as " Mr personality "...

I thought he came over a lot better with Alison Hammond than with Abbey and, I suspect, Helen will be more in the Abbey mould i.e. a lot of angst and precious little humour.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I was surprised by how out of breath and sweaty Giovanni looked after his jive - it was very fast and content packed but it's only 90 secs and I would expect the pro to look less shattered than the celeb.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm......I like Aljaz but he doesn't strike me as " Mr personality "...
    Nina_Blake wrote: »
    I think he does in contrast to some others!

He seems genuinely kind, has a sense of humour, and always gets excited about who he's partnered with and makes sure they get a great Strictly experience.

I couldn't agree more Nina, I think Aljaz has it all. Lovely kind personality, always respectful to his partners ,very handsome and a superb dancer. He's without doubt my favourite.:)
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised by how out of breath and sweaty Giovanni looked after his jive - it was very fast and content packed but it's only 90 secs and I would expect the pro to look less shattered than the celeb.

Must have been the steps to Claudia's room that got him :D He did some mad things, compared to him Georgia was just walking. Anybody who can do that and not collapse at the end is in a good shape, I'd think.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    missed friday's show so didn't get much chance to judge.

but i didn't really like the way giovanni flipped up his partner's skirt in their dance, it seemed a bit low rent and i wasn't sure she was expecting it either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »

but i didn't really like the way giovanni flipped up his partner's skirt in their dance, it seemed a bit low rent and i wasn't sure she was expecting it either.

She did, she did some choreographed OTT reaction.
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »

It was a bit cheesey but definitely choreographed in and she was expecting it. :)
  • Options
    MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing their first performances: Oti wins as best new pro. She put together a good jive for Anthony - characterful and covering for the problems with her shoulder. She and Anthony have clicked and I expect them to improve as a dancing pair.

Gleb's cha cha cha was pretty good and I like the way he dances but I'm not sure about his personality and the poor man is hindered by the fawning.

Giovanni makes me feel a little nauseous. Didn't like his jive for Georgia and his Italian act is too much.

How much these first impressions change will depend on their partnerships.
  • Options
    Nicky_GardenovNicky_Gardenov Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing their first performances: Oti wins as best new pro. She put together a good jive for Anthony - characterful and covering for the problems with her shoulder. She and Anthony have clicked and I expect them to improve as a dancing pair.

Gleb's cha cha cha was pretty good and I like the way he dances but I'm not sure about his personality and the poor man is hindered by the fawning.

Giovanni makes me feel a little nauseous. Didn't like his jive for Georgia and his Italian act is too much.

How much these first impressions change will depend on their partnerships.

if i may ask, why don't you like Giovanni?

for me, he challenged Georgia with this Jive routine, so fast.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the producers are probably trying to shoehorn them into particular personas. All that Gleb stuff, especially from the presenters is stomach churning and tbh patronising towards the audience. Yes, he's hot but not that hot. Aljaz is hot, has brains to boot and seems empathic rather than preening and narcissistic. Tristan is down to earth. Neither one gets in the way of the dancing.

I'm waiting until I see the new pros on ITT before forming a stronger judgement about them.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean, I think the Gleb stuff is a bit much but people have very delicate stomachs if they find two or three women going "tee hee is Gleb here, he's so hot" a few times an episode nauseating, disgusting, vomitous, despicably sexist and what have you...
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if giovanni will romance Gorgia? Anyone know if he is straight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My gaydar goes "ping!", but you never know :D

As for the resident beauty Gleb, I'd actually prefer Giovanni if I should choose from the new dancers. That fawning act must be embarrassing for Gleb, too.

But if they start overdoing something on SCD they will never stop. Just like Tess kept banging on about how nervous Jay was. Yes, Tess, I get it, he was nervous, I got it after first one hundred times you said it. She was a bit patronising too, I found.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I believe he is a smoker - nuff said :p
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I was about to make the same point until I read further back and realised you got there first.:)

Oti's widely reported exchange with Anthony Ogogo suggests she should learn to engage her brain before putting her mouth into gear.

Gleb is a very pretty boy but I honestly can't say I detected any personality about him. tbf it was the first week and some individuality might emerge in the weeks to come.

I appear to have missed something - can't find anything in Search (but my computer is on a massive go slow so apologies if it is there!), could somebody enlighten me?!
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appear to have missed something - can't find anything in Search (but my computer is on a massive go slow so apologies if it is there!), could somebody enlighten me?!

With pleaseure Evil!:D

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a669803/strictly-come-dancing-pro-oti-mabuse-thought-anthony-ogogo-was-an-arsehole-before-they-got-paired-up.html#~ppAg4BOHxnsnNT
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    My gaydar goes "ping!", but you never know :D

As for the resident beauty Gleb, I'd actually prefer Giovanni if I should choose from the new dancers. That fawning act must be embarrassing for Gleb, too.

But if they start overdoing something on SCD they will never stop. Just like Tess kept banging on about how nervous Jay was. Yes, Tess, I get it, he was nervous, I got it after first one hundred times you said it. She was a bit patronising too, I found.
    I think hes going out with Kevin's sister! but who knows lol

I also prefer Gio to Gleb in the looks department;-)
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I was about to make the same point until I read further back and realised you got there first.:)

Oti's widely reported exchange with Anthony Ogogo suggests she should learn to engage her brain before putting her mouth into gear.

Which was discovered to be a bunch of lies the following day and was corrected by the same paper that published the first load of old tut :D

Even Oti took to Twitter to say what a load of xxxx it all was.

if people read trashy newspapers, all they get is trash. Granted it can be an amusing way to pass an hour, but you cannot seriously believe the rubbish they put out there.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already like Oti. ...didn't think too much of giovanni but I really love how he came across Saturday. I like Gleb but he didn't come across well this weekend imo . I didn't like how he didn't seem to engage THAT much on the dance floor with Anita. She was so enthusiastic and giving it her all but Gleb didn't seem that much there. A bit disappointed tbh...

On the contrary, I absolutely love Oti and Giovanni with their celebs ....you can tell that they have a very good chemistry/working relationship with them .
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »

Cheers! I have to say I think they are showing signs of having a great partnership already so if this was a first impression it's clearly a joke to both of them now. Probably tabloid crap though.

How did I miss this one!!!!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Oti seems lovely.

It annoyed me when Giovanni brought out the t-shirts. Forcing a team name, bleurgh.

Gleb seemed aware of where every camera was at all times. I felt he had the least connection with his celebrity, even though I think Anita will go far despite this.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Think Oti seems lovely.

It annoyed me when Giovanni brought out the t-shirts. Forcing a team name, bleurgh.

Gleb seemed aware of where every camera was at all times. I felt he had the least connection with his celebrity, even though I think Anita will go far despite this.

Agree about Gleb. Same thing I said. ...he didn't connect a lot with her. .hopefully that will change.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not on the cards. She's dating fellow Corrie actor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3251728/Georgia-Foote-boyfriend-Sean-Ward-amorous-display-following-kiss-Strictly-dance-partner.html

Have heard rumours that Giovanni is gay but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    She did, she did some choreographed OTT reaction.
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    It was a bit cheesey but definitely choreographed in and she was expecting it. :)

thanks for the clarifications. i guess thats better in that he didn't 'suprise' her by flashing her knickers, but worse that he thinks thats reasonable choreography to inflict on her - and us.... ....