Pamela, James and The Swingathon

-Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought they were awful and they were slap bang in the middle of the dancefloor so we didn't miss a thing they did. Their Swing/Jive was extremely heavy and clumsy and yet they managed third place? I'd have had them off before even Gavin!

I know we're only quibbling over a point or two, but it's the principle that counts.

And I was really impressed with their Paso and felt it worthy of the marks they got before I'm accused of bias (I sense the board is quite tense tonight!).

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    It is tense on here tonight....I might find a relaxed thread and hide!

To be honest I hated the whole swingathon :( I dont like it as an addition to the show at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Pamela have trainers on in the swingathon? It sure looked like it :S I wonder why....

I didn't think they deserved 3rd place in it anyway, whenever the camera was on them they seemed to be doing the same move
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pamela's shoes were weird! They looked like bovver boots. What on earth was that all about?
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I thought they were awful and they were slap bang in the middle of the dancefloor so we didn't miss a thing they did. Their Swing/Jive was extremely heavy and clumsy and yet they managed third place? I'd have had them off before even Gavin!

I know we're only quibbling over a point or two, but it's the principle that counts.

And I was really impressed with their Paso and felt it worthy of the marks they got before I'm accused of bias (I sense the board is quite tense tonight!).

You don't say. I really I am scared tonight!
    It is getting ridiculous how much tension there is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    I think she might have worn trainers because the last time she did the jive her heels were so high and she stumbled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All the couples were awful in the swingaton. It was more like carcrash TV then anything else. I really do hope that this was the first but also the last time it was on Strictly. The swingaton was just bloody awful!!:eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Sid!

I liked their Paso- and I was surprised that I did when I heard the music!

not sure about the value of the Swingathon at all- I think apart from Kara none of them were brilliant and I am not sure how the judges were differentiating (have to say I was doing the shopping on the Sainsbug website by that time so wouldn't make the best comments on this! :o)

Its very tense on here- apparently we can criticise anyone but Matt! *runs for cover!* (which I haven't it was Aliona at fault- although she should have made sure he could do a back basic before giving him so many!!)
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt see her dance much I was too busy being aghast at her shoes ,They were dreadful and even OH passed comment that he thought she was clumpy ! :eek:
  • sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought they looked extremely heavy too. Not sure about before Gavin & Katya but definitely before Scott & Natalie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty_koo wrote: »
    Did Pamela have trainers on in the swingathon? It sure looked like it :S I wonder why....

I didn't think they deserved 3rd place in it anyway, whenever the camera was on them they seemed to be doing the same move
    They are dance sneakers. Probably capezio's. I own them myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    It's only a TV show, not life and death!

I thought they were terrible too, it looked heavy and clompy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela's shoes were weird! They looked like bovver boots. What on earth was that all about?

They were very unflattering! :eek:
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Sid, i am one of Pamela's biggest fans but i thought the Swingathon let her down, and if i am honest she was the worst out of the 5, just hope the judges realise that overmarking just makes the voting public rebel, snowdon-gate springs to mind :rolleyes:!!
  • JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not normally one for conspiracy theories, but it did seem odd that Scott got yanked before Pam, her swing was pretty atrocious.
  • drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she should have been sent off before Scott & Nat.
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The camera didn't stay on one couple long enough for me to draw any conclusions as to who was good and who wasn't; it was all a bit frenetic. I pretty much have discounted the whole thing on that basis alone. That's not to say I didn't like it though.

Actually, the bits of Pamela I saw were a mix of being good and heavy footed. From what I could see, she got more heavy footed as time went on, assumedly because she ran out of energy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    Many of her dances have looked clompy and heavy footed and she's stumbled more than a couple of times as well. Her Charleston was as leaden and stompy as her clumsy jive.

I think she's a crap dancer, just to be perfectly clear. Being 61 shouldn't give her a free pass to the final.

The utterly gruesome gurning all the way through that swingathon was quite off-putting as well.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member

I thought they were terrible too, it looked heavy and clompy.

Yer what?? :confused::confused:
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swingathon was rubbish

Pamela looked clumpy in giant black shoes.

There is no way you can tell in a few seconds who to eliminate.

rubbish rubbish rubbish
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many of her dances have looked clompy and heavy footed and she's stumbled more than a couple of times as well. Her Charleston was as leaden and stompy as her clumsy jive.

I think she's a crap dancer, just to be perfectly clear. Being 61 shouldn't give her a free pass to the final.

The utterly gruesome gurning all the way through that swingathon was quite off-putting as well.

I think the same , I think she is very heavy footed and I dont care if she is 61 or 21 , thats not the point . If she wants to be taken seriouely why keep rabbiting on about her age ?
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member

Whaaaaaat?! No one told me this! :cry:
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aeryn wrote: »
    All the couples were awful in the swingaton. It was more like carcrash TV then anything else. I really do hope that this was the first but also the last time it was on Strictly. The swingaton was just bloody awful!!:eek::eek:

The swingaton should have been foxtrot, waltz , tango or quickstep and then you can judge just how much real dance they have learned
    standing on the spot in jive gave not a clue as to the control of dance in real competition values as opposed to a set routine ironed in across a week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    the shoes did NOT help - looked like caliper shoes!
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole swingathon was a pile of sh*te. You couldn't concentrate on a couple, so we didn't see what the judges saw anyway, and it was just horrid. I hope this is one of the changes they will get rid of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. I think she looks very heavy and clumpy a lot of the time. I hated the paso. The chair did its bit for knocking about half a minute off, and the rest just stomping about. Ugh.