Satellite4U

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tried posting this in Sky forum, no response, so I'll keep it short. This company keeps contacting mum about her sky insurance, but she said she doesn't have it. I think it is a scam, as the lady said she is covered by AXA, and bskyb said D+G is the only company to provide cover on it's behalf. The thing is, she actually provided mum with her password to the account, which I have never known happen before, an it is one I recognise. I said I wanted to cancel and was given a ref no, and a phone number, and did so. But I don't think there was anything to cancel. Any input?

Comments

• swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This does sound dodgy.

I worked for a Sky subsidary about 3 yrs ago- at that point in time D and G were the only firm to provide Sky approved cover. Things may have changed since.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    louise1966 wrote: »
    Tried posting this in Sky forum, no response, so I'll keep it short. This company keeps contacting mum about her sky insurance, but she said she doesn't have it. I think it is a scam, as the lady said she is covered by AXA, and bskyb said D+G is the only company to provide cover on it's behalf. The thing is, she actually provided mum with her password to the account, which I have never known happen before, an it is one I recognise. I said I wanted to cancel and was given a ref no, and a phone number, and did so. But I don't think there was anything to cancel. Any input?

Contact Sky. If you phone them, at least you'll know you are talking to Sky! Explain what happened. If it was a genuine misunderstanding, you'll have the reassurance of knowing that, and any outstanding issues can be resolved. If it was a scam, Sky will take action as your mum won't have been the only target.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt if any form of insurance is worth it with Sky. They'll send someone out to fix any problem you have for £65. In fact if you are persuasive enough you can probably get them to send someone for free if you've been a long term customer.