Options

Law & Order SVU

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 16 starts on Sunday 16th at 10pm.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 16 starts on Sunday 16th at 10pm.

Can't wait. :)
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 16 starts on Sunday 16th November at 10pm.

Fixed for clarity purposes.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 16 starts in the UK on Sunday 19th October 2014 at 10pm on Universal:

http://www.universalchannel.co.uk/shows/law-order-special-victims-unit-0
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dramatic first episode in season 16. Perhaps too dramatic for some tastes. But certainly not dull.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch for Barba and his sass.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe my sky+ failed me for the start of s16
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the 1st episode, quite hard hitting, back to its best with this episode, hope it continues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olivias baby is so cute.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    A dramatic first episode in season 16. Perhaps too dramatic for some tastes. But certainly not dull.

Only if they have never watched SVU :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it was a good opener. I hope they don't focus too much on Liv and the baby though in future eps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the deal with Amaro? Is he working undercover or has he suddenly turned into a corrupt cop?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with Amaro? Is he working undercover or has he suddenly turned into a corrupt cop?

He was helping out SVU. But hes back in uniform because at the end of the last season he beat a man up and got demoted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was helping out SVU. But hes back in uniform because at the end of the last season he beat a man up and got demoted.

I know he's back in uniform but why is he tipping off the baddies and giving them inside information?
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it was a good opener. I hope they don't focus too much on Liv and the baby though in future eps.

I agree, I actually thought at one point in the episode that they had changed their mind about the baby and were axing the story. Seems it is here to stay, but with a nanny at least we can hope for few baby in the way stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's back in uniform but why is he tipping off the baddies and giving them inside information?

He was playing htem. It all worked out in the interests of SVU in the end, who Nick was helping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was playing htem. It all worked out in the interests of SVU in the end, who Nick was helping.

They didn't show that.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't show that.

...but it was certainly implied.

When the SVU were talking about setting up the gang member and arresting Nick. Olivia was told it would have to "look good". Which implied to me that the arrest had to look believable in case they wanted to use Nick in this way again. That i think confirms that Nick was working on behalf of SVU when taking the bribes etc. There would be no reason for Nick to double cross Olivia etc when they have looked out for him in so many ways. Why would he want to cause any of his old colleagues pain? He wouldn't.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch for Barba and his sass.

He's definitely one of the best characters in the show IMO.

I also thought the scenes where people were getting killed was very powerful (especially the young girl in the car). Great use of the song 'Gansta' by Kat Dahlia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Barba is the best!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't show that.

It was obvious!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only started watching L&O and L&O : SVU a few months ago, mainly on Universal. The stories are usually good, and the standard of acting by the one-off characters is really high.

However, I've noticed a couple of things :

a) there seems to be no attempt to show them in any noticeable order... except :
    b) the latest series seems to have turned into the 'Saint Olivia Show', and the crimes are relegated to bit parts.
    c) despite there being literally hundreds of episodes in both series, they seem to be recycling a small number of episodes. Since the episode summary keeps changing, and omits the episode title, you can't tell whether you've seen one before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I only started watching L&O and L&O : SVU a few months ago, mainly on Universal. The stories are usually good, and the standard of acting by the one-off characters is really high.

a) there seems to be no attempt to show them in any noticeable order... except :
    b) the latest series seems to have turned into the 'Saint Olivia Show', and the crimes are relegated to bit parts.
    c) despite there being literally hundreds of episodes in both series, they seem to be recycling a small number of episodes. Since the episode summary keeps changing, and omits the episode title, you can't tell whether you've seen one before.

I think the reason why they focus so much on Olivia is because she is the main reason why people are still watching.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »

That annoys me, they usually end up missing whole series. I have since acquired the first 12 series so I can watch them properly. I watch the later series but I'm not as interested in watching them again. For me the quality of the show really dropped when Elliot left, it started to go a couple of seasons before but it was really noticeable then. I only watch out of habit now, I've been watching for too many years to stop at this point, but considering Olivia's the only old character left I think I'd stop if she left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete