Options

Georgie Thompson - Sky Sports News

griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
Forum Member
✭✭
I just got a nice suprise when i put sky sports news and i seen the lovely georgie thompson, she always does the afternoon shift 3-7. she never does any other shift.

Comments

• Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    griffpaul wrote: »
    I just got a nice suprise when i put sky sports news and i seen the lovely georgie thompson, she always does the afternoon shift 3-7. she never does any other shift.

A one-off according to her Twitter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it must have been a one-off the equally as gorgeous Millie Clode was on the 10-3 shift today,
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Haley McQueen was looking rather hot last week.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Haley McQueen was looking rather hot last week.
    She always does, along with Millie Clode,Georgie Thompson and Natalie Sawyer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and dont forget Charlotte Jackson.
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    griffpaul wrote: »
    and dont forget Charlotte Jackson.

My personal favourite.
  • Options
    hugonhugon Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold the ****ing front page.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true shes leaving then and moving to the F1 coverage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw her in a promo for the F1. Not sure if it is a full time job though. Maybe it's why they brought Gallagher back to fill in for her.

tbh she's get more exposure on SSN than the F1.
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her in a promo for the F1. Not sure if it is a full time job though. Maybe it's why they brought Gallagher back to fill in for her.

On Twitter the other day she said her last SSN shift was over the next few days. Kirsty Gallagher is going to take over her role on the mid-afternoon shift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well Simon said it was there last shift the other day so I guessed she's leaving.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Georgie is leaving SSN to do bloody F1. OK that has actually just ruined my Christmas, Georgie is SSN, 3-7 is her time and without her it just wont be the same. I really like Kirsty but she isnt Georgie, infact no one is Georgie. Please say this isnt true.
  • Options
    ToneXIRToneXIR Posts: 3,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup gone to present an F1 show with Ted Kravitz on SSF1HD. No more news for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Georgie isnt even gonna be the main host, its a bit of a comedown. I think the BBC should try and get her for the Olympics, someone of Georgie's talent deserves to be on the main stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Georgie isnt even gonna be the main host, its a bit of a comedown. I think the BBC should try and get her for the Olympics, someone of Georgie's talent deserves to be on the main stage.

Maybe she fancies a change?

I imagine Sky Sports News presenters have a shelve life like tv news reporters they always switch about.

Not been the same since Ed left but he's on Monday Night Football. There's alot of new presenters on there now so maybe there will be some new popular ones soon.

How long will Simon keep going on SSN now he's the key presenter for the Championship football anyway?
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Georgie is leaving SSN to do bloody F1. OK that has actually just ruined my Christmas, Georgie is SSN, 3-7 is her time and without her it just wont be the same. I really like Kirsty but she isnt Georgie, infact no one is Georgie. Please say this isnt true.

get a grip!

BBC are using their in house presenters, and in their financal state aren't going to hire someone who has a long sky contract!! :rolleyes:

Oh Moving from rolling sports news to co-hosting F1 programming is major gig!!

Moral of the story is another 'SSN female presenter' thread = mass cock explosion, ridiculous.
  • Options
    smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get a grip!

BBC are using their in house presenters, and in their financal state aren't going to hire someone who has a long sky contract!! :rolleyes:

Moral of the story is another 'SSN female presenter' thread = mass cock explosion, ridiculous.

Obviously you haven't watched Georgie on SSN. She isn't just "another SSN female presenter". She is the main reason I loved SSN so much. She is a fantastic talent and "The Banter Queen", as Simon Thomas refers to her as, and always put a smile on my face every afternoon from 3-7. For me, Sky just don't have many presenters on the same level as Georgie who can entertain the viewers and also get the message across and be serious when necessary. SSN just won't be the same without her, she will be sorely missed.

And I don't think I'm exaggerating BTW.

Also, Natalie Sawyer or Hayley McQueen should be replacing her rather than the boring Kirsty Gallacher. They are more suited to the role IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    Obviously you haven't watched Georgie on SSN. She isn't just "another SSN female presenter". She is the main reason I loved SSN so much. She is a fantastic talent and "The Banter Queen", as Simon Thomas refers to her as, and always put a smile on my face every afternoon from 3-7. For me, Sky just don't have many presenters on the same level as Georgie who can entertain the viewers and also get the message across and be serious when necessary. SSN just won't be the same without her, she will be sorely missed.

Also, Natalie Sawyer or Hayley McQueen should be replacing her rather than the boring Kirsty Gallacher. They are more suited to the role IMO.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everyday on a channel that is regualrly on in pubs and many front rooms to a co-host/interviewer on a parttime channel that a minority will watch.

She's gone in the opposite direction to Suzi Perry and Charlie Webster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No love for Claire?
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyday on a channel that is regualrly on in pubs and many front rooms to a co-host/interviewer on a parttime channel that a minority will watch.

A channel tha tis just background noise in most places unelss a big story breaks.

Moving to help present the F1 is a progression of her career even if she isnt on tv every single day. Dont pretend it isnt.
  • Options
    I Trust in God.I Trust in God. Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurfs5 wrote: »

Both are food for the tongue.
  • Options
    Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long-time viewers of Sky Sports News could argue that Kirsty Gallacher is returning to her old home of 3pm to 7pm, when she was on with Dave Clark. And their banter was also great. It all depends when you start watching the channel as to who you get an affinity towards.

Sky Sports clearly see their news channel as a breeding ground for their main sports presenters. Dave Clark's gone on to do darts and boxing, loads of them have gone on to do various elements of their football coverage, and now Georgie's going into F1 (after flirting with A1 Grand Prix coverage before that championship fizzled out). Still a bit surprised about that though, after her drink-driving conviction only 3 months ago. Drink-driving did for Alistair Stewart's position as lead presenter of Police, Camera, Action.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However Police, Camera, Action often lectures about the dangers of drink driving. F1 doesn't. And it's not on public roads, so if Lewis Hamilton was done for drink driving he'd still be able to drive around a race track.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i the only person who thinks Georgie Thopmson got where she is today because of her sporting knowledge.;):eek: