Biggest 'bottler' of the season

13»

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    If Carlsberg did bottling, it'd prob...oh wait.

:D:D

I genuinely laughed!
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Spurs.....

" Mind the gap ! "
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    A lot of spurs fans said those last 4 fixtures would be easy and expected us to mess up which we most certainly did.

If anything Arsenal bottled it towards the end of the season after our good run, getting draws and defeats in our last few games, the win at West Brom was not convincing even though it secured Champions League.

We helped you close the small gap we had on you towards the end and literally handed you back 3rd in the second to last match of the season after we drew with Norwich, you gave 3rd back to us when it mattered.

We won 3 of the last four, and drew the other one in an away game where the home team parked the bus. We battered them, like Bayern and Barcelona did to chelsea, and got the same result. We had a few games like that. Thats football, not bottling.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you honestly believe that Spurs were never going to finish 3rd?:eek:

At one stage, it was the top 3 & the other 17 teams.

Spurs looked nailed on for a top 3 finish & nobody betting with their own money would have bet on them finishing outside of the top 3, or Arsenal finishing above them.

No I didn't think we were going to walk third, and said in the Spurs thread several times that I was more concerned about the teams behind us than those in front. It was obvious that gap would close with the games we had left, but I hoped we'd hang on. We just missed out.
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    We won 3 of the last four, and drew the other one in an away game where the home team parked the bus. We battered them, like Bayern and Barcelona did to chelsea, and got the same result. We had a few games like that. Thats football, not bottling.

Oh ok.:o
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Messi and Robben. Just for the penalty misses against Chelsea in the Champions league. If either had scored......;)I think RA would be a very unhappy bunny.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Southend United must be good candidates. Led League 2 for the first half of the season but eventually faded away to miss out in the play-offs.
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Our little brothers, Sheffield United FC.

Went into the Steel City Derby at the end of February 5 points clear of Wednesday and with 2 games in hand, so were potentially 14 points better off.

Even with just 3 games left to play they were still 4 points ahead with a superior goal difference yet somehow managed to finish 3 points behind the automatically promoted Owls!

Here's hoping they bottle the play offs again next week for the 6th time in 6 attempts...