Options

Palace Supporters Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely an improvement all round today. The spirit was good, the work rate was excellent and there were also periods of good possession. The passing and movement was still a little dodgy at times, and the obvious lack of firepower was evident again but I thought Millen did a decent job with his team selection and tactics.

Bannan in particular was superb throughout.
  • Options
    -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,281
    Forum Member
    Sattrega wrote: »
    Bannan in particular was superb throughout.

yeah... joel ward was also brilliant.

i see that chris coleman's odds have plummeted as next boss... :eek:
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    Play like that and you will pick up....
  • Options
    Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and now we're bottom.
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    i see that chris coleman's odds have plummeted as next boss... :eek:

they mentioned Gary Megson as a front-runner on the Sunday Supplement this morning. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    and now we're bottom.

The only way is up! ;)

No to Megson, BTW. Lots of talk about Cookie Coleman, not sure how I feel about that one. Martin O'Neill's odds have dropped, too, but I can't see him saying yes.

I don't think I would mind Pulis. I would certainly prefer him to some others.

Got to admit I do like the idea of a Warnock/Popovic combo with Warnock in charge to the end of the season and Popo taking over next summer.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to report that our under 21 side has been knocked out of the Premier League under-21 Cup by Exeter (where I now live). The match report in the Exeter paper is below.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Superb-Grecians-bring-Palace/story-20002991-detail/story.html
  • Options
    James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    some of the front-runners for the job don't exactly fill me with any confidence...

chris coleman also interested... link
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Can see whoever we appoint getting a bad reaction. The list of available managers seems pretty awful.
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Coleman?
    Not exactly got a stellar track record at any level has he?
    Would rather have someone that has something of a reputation for lifting a club, creating a bit of a buzz.
    We know we are going down, it's all about how we go down, fighting with some spirit or with a whimper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    today's line-up.

Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Bannan, Dikgacoi, Guedioura, Jedinak, Thomas, Chamakh.

Subs: Mariappa, Bolasie, Phillips, O'Keefe, Puncheon, Gayle, Price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We've looked pretty comfortable all half, but they get one chance and put us 1-0 down before half-time. So frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-0 down at half-time. Yet another goal conceded through crap defending undoing all the good effort and work we had put in up til then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i despair. ok, so we haven't been much of a goal threat but neither were they. then one moment where we stop concentrating at the back AGAIN and we get punished.

i was thinking if it was 0-0 at half time we could step it up in the 2nd half and get a much needed win. now we'll be lucky to get a draw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our players just aren't good enough for this league. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Our players just aren't good enough for this league. :(

I don't think some of them are good enough for the Championship either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-0 it finishes.

not even Jesus could save this lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seven defeats on the spin, now. Just 2 goals scored in those games.

And excluding the play-off victory against Brighton we haven't won away since March 1st.

Dismal stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We were in the game the whole match. Just lack any quality to actually create goals though!

And then they make us pay with a couple of chances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lack of quality is frightening. Regardless of who comes in to take charge they are going to have their work cut out with this squad. You can see now just how poor some of the purchases/signings have been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the way i see it we have 2 aims this season:

1) NOT to beat Derby's unwanted record.

2) NOT to finish bottom.

as someone else said at BBS the new manager needs to use January as preparation for the Championship. get rid of some of the dross in the squad. use more kids in the second half of the season then strengthen in the right places next summer so we can give it a good go in the Championship next season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fed up now. fed up of watching these matches and knowing we are just never gonna score..

... and to make matters worse i hear that coleman is hot fave now for the job... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    ... and to make matters worse i hear that coleman is hot fave now for the job... :(

Looks like it's between him and Aitor Karanka if you believe all the rumours.

I know which of those two I would prefer!
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best man to get you out next season would ironically probably be Holloway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adlene guedioura has been ruled out for up to six weeks through injury. link.

got to admit i don't know much about this karanka guy who seems to be in the running for the vacant manager's spot... but he certainly has much more support on both HOL and BBS than coleman does...