How many of you have the Motorola Moto X?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
I've had my Moto X for a couple of months now, & still to this day I haven't seen anybody else with one it all Samsung's & iPhones mainly with the odd Moto G.

I personally think it one of the best most underrated smartphones on the market today, due to it size being only slightly bigger than an iphone 5 with a 4.7" screen, plus it practically stock android with features that you actually use like active display ect, & it doesn't rely on specs as it runs everything smoothly & the screen while only 720p is sharp & no signs of pixels and puts the old S3 720p screen to shame & call quality I also find superb aswell.

As for the camera well it isn't as bad as some seem to make it out to be, if anything it better than what either the Samsung S4 or Note 3 can do in low light at least, and daylight images are perfectly fine in my book.

Audio playback from both headphones & speakers is well up there aswell, there is some noticeable hiss when using 16 Ohms headphones, but this is mainly a problem with 4.4.2 kitkat & should hopefully be sorted when 4.4.3 arrives, using higher Ohms headphones such as my AKG's ect, then the hiss dissapears completely, or using a Fiio E6 amp with my E10's also get shut of the hiss.

The only downsides really to this phone is lack of storage, for some strange reason Motorola decided that we in the UK and rest of Europe only need 16GB of storage not 32GB.

So who else has one & are you more than happy with it.

Comments

• finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I haven't got one yet but depending on the Motorola announcement regarding it's replacement I could well pick one up. I had an extended play with one a few weeks ago and was very impressed. I would take it over any other Android phone at the moment as it combines truly useful features with beautiful unskinned Android. The problem with all the other flagships is an ugly nonstandard interface.
  • DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've still got my Motorola Razr I and am due an upgrade. I would like to get the Moto X but the 16GB limit and no SD card just means the device is not viable.

Storage is important!
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next Moto X is rumoured to have a 5.2inch screen but I'm not sure what else is known. It will presumably have the usual edge-to-edge display so perhaps you can roughly work out what size it's likely to be.

The Moto X is indeed underrated. As usual, it's a phone that never really got a proper release (just like the Razr i, Razr Maxx, Razr and various Milestone/Defy models before it). Basically, Motorola has always struggled a bit with distribution and operator acceptance in the UK, so it's generally been a case of buy SIM free or not at all, or only after many months of its release - by which time a successor is imminent.

The Moto G being an obvious exception, and look how successful that was.

I think Motorola has made some great phones over the years, but many people would barely know Motorola was still in the mobile business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I've had all the Galaxy range starting from the original Galaxy S back in 2010 upto the Note 3 which i got rid of a couple of months ago mainly because it size was becoming to much of a problem for me, even though it was a great handset/phablet.

Wanted something smaller & different this time, so it was actually a tossup between the Nexus 5, iPhone 5S, Sony Z1 Compact & finally the Moto X.

Both the iPhone 5S & Z1 compact while both decent in their own ways the screen was abit to small for my liking.

So it was either the 32GB Nexus 5 & Moto X, so decided to order the Moto X first because it was cheaper see what it was like if i didn't like it send it back and get a Nexus 5.

Luckily i did like it and still do ,mainly because you get a decent screen size in a small handset, the 16GB of storage i've now worked round it by streaming all of my music & as i don't game on my phone i still have over 8GB of storage on it.

As for the Moto X+1 we might not see it now until around August when the next batch of smartphones launch, and there no saying when it does that it be released over here at the same time as in the States, as the Moto X has only been out here since February.

Eitherway I'm not to bothered if they keep supporting the Moto X with both 4.4.3 & 4.5 then i'll be happy to keep it until some point next year.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how the Moto 4G will impact the sales of the Moto X and the X1 ?

I think other than poor advertising, the Moto X suffered from lack of understanding of its specs. It always get mentioned whenever comparing it to another phone.... the misunderstanding by many of it just having a dual core even though it was a much more refined and efficient overal design.

Next few months should hopefully get interesting with Motorola and let's hope they promote their products outside of the US.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always seen plenty of Motorola phones at the independents like CPW...
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    I've always seen plenty of Motorola phones at the independents like CPW...

You can get them easily enough they just don't have the marketing push of Samsung/Apple/Sony etc so often get missed my people looking for phones.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've wondered this myself. I don't have one. I did seriously consider it a few months back, but decided to keep my iPhone for another year instead.

When looking at phones I couldn't find a bad word said about the Moto X.

I can only assume most people have concluded as I did when looking at phones. The Moto X is an excellent phone. And while it's double the price of the Moto G, it's not double the phone. So not worth spending the extra over the Moto G.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. But hardly anyone can compete with the marketing clout of Samsung these days. Between them and Apple they tend to take up the biggest and most prominent store displays.