Comments

• Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to him, he thinks Aberdeen can win the Scottish Premiership

:D:D:D

Aberdeen will be back.

They should have strengthened in this window though. They have tied all there good players down on long contracts so I feel the team and manager will achieve something this season. They will surely fancy there chances with the Leauge cup?
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aberdeen will be back.

They should have strengthened in this window though. They have tied all there good players down on long contracts so I feel the team and manager will achieve something this season. They will surely fancy there chances with the Leauge cup?

Apparently McInnes want's a couple of players in before the end of the month.

I would imagine one will be a centre half or a left back on loan.

Defending the cup will be tough as it's potentially two very tough matches but then again we haven't conceded a goal in the League Cup since 2012. :D
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun Maloney signs for Chicago Fire. I wonder how that will impact on his Scotland place?

Probably means Kris Commons is going nowhere in this window as well.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The SFA Judicial Panel hearing into The Rangers and Mike Ashley has been postponed.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Shaun Maloney signs for Chicago Fire. I wonder how that will impact on his Scotland place?

Probably means Kris Commons is going nowhere in this window as well.

Would imagine he will still be picked as Miller was always still picked, although the low standard might question how long he has left in the squad.

arguably the Scotland squad Is still mainly championship standard despite recent improvement
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Would imagine he will still be picked as Miller was always still picked, although the low standard might question how long he has left in the squad.

arguably the Scotland squad Is still mainly championship standard despite recent improvement

I think the "low standard" comment is a little outdated these days.

Toronto have not long signed Sebastian Giovinco.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I got this right?

MASH have given The Rangers a £5m loan of which £3m will be used to pay off a previous MASH loan and it gives MASH more of the retail arm of The Rangers as well as a security on everything except Ibrox. After that is used up, probably about the end of March, a further £5m may be loaned then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Have I got this right?

MASH have given The Rangers a £5m loan of which £3m will be used to pay off a previous MASH loan and it gives MASH more of the retail arm of The Rangers as well as a security on everything except Ibrox. After that is used up, probably about the end of March, a further £5m may be loaned then.

The loan is from Sports Direct to pay MASH.

'Sports direct' will be used a lot now as the SFA look for a way out.
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other £5 million will probably be dependent on the current board retaining their status at the EGM. Hell of a state for any club to be in really. They are trading while insolvent and should be allowed nowhere near professional league's at the moment.

Aberdeen have signed Donervorn Daniels on loan from West Brom. Never heard of him but he played every week on loan at Blackpool in the Championship until very recently. He'll be straight in at centre half on Saturday I imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    The loan is from Sports Direct to pay MASH.

'Sports direct' will be used a lot now as the SFA look for a way out.

Ultimately though, Mike Ashley is giving The Rangers a loan to pay Mike Ashley?
    They are trading while insolvent and should be allowed nowhere near professional league's at the moment.

They did this in their last incarnation as well when Ibrox was valued at something ridiculous like £120m.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    What an absolutely ongoing embarrasing basket case where once there was a great and historic football club.

Never remotely particularly liked Rangers, but I do feel sorry for what their supporters have endured and continue to endure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    What an absolutely ongoing embarrasing basket case where once there was a great and historic football club.

Never remotely particularly liked Rangers, but I do feel sorry for what their supporters have endured and continue to endure.

I do feel a bit sorry for the decent fans I know especially the likes of SCSS and nvr on here.

For a sizeable number of their fans I see what happened to the other club and what is happening to this one as karma.
  • Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,322
    Forum Member
    What about the Cup semi final, every banner must have a certificate of proof that it is fire retardant or won't be let in by police lol

Definite attempt to stop banners destroying Sevco getting allowed in, funny how it's this game the first ever Celtic V Sevco they are doing this.

In addition to players being told not to celebrate too much and Ronny banned from celebrating with the fans.

Football getting shocking up here "don't mock them, they might go on the rampage".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    What about the Cup semi final, every banner must have a certificate of proof that it is fire retardant or won't be let in by police lol

Definite attempt to stop banners destroying Sevco getting allowed in, funny how it's this game the first ever Celtic V Sevco they are doing this.

In addition to players being told not to celebrate too much and Ronny banned from celebrating with the fans.

Football getting shocking up here "don't mock them, they might go on the rampage".

The statement from The Rangers Supporters Trust today basically says "if we riot it is the Fenians fault".
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celtic and burnley both have bids for stuart armstrong turned down.

1.5 million is about a million short of the required amount
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Thomson by far The Rangers best player - always breaking up the play.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Rangers very lucky to be only two down at half time. BTW that pitch is a disgrace for our national stadium.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott Brown being feted like he's Messi on BBC Scotland.

Terrible game, Rangers have a long long way to go and Celtic are going to be stagnant for a long long time unless they get massive investment.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rangers were never going to be a threat & it clearly showed why on the pitch.
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    Thanks to Celtic for going easy on us today. Could easily have been 7. McCulloch was a disgrace on a number of occasions as well
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to Celtic for going easy on us today. Could easily have been 7. McCulloch was a disgrace on a number of occasions as well

Totally agree about elbows :(......... should have been shown a red card
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    On a couple of occasions too. He needs to retire
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never a competitive match, and why there's a league between them!

mcculloch should have had 2 yellows, celtic should have scored four or five in the FIRST HALF, and the worst guy on the pitch was the referee!!!

awful pitch too

rangers are going to struggle if they reach the premiership without a LOT of better players, and that ain't gonna happen!
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pitch was awful. The racist thumb scoring was a simple goal that should have been stopped and the Commons goal was a good strike but the defending was poor. All this talk of Celtic scoring 7 is nonsense.` They couldn't even string 7 passes together.

The singing from the Rangers fans though :D
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    never a competitive match, and why there's a league between them!

mcculloch should have had 2 yellows, celtic should have scored four or five in the FIRST HALF, and the worst guy on the pitch was the referee!!!

awful pitch too

rangers are going to struggle if they reach the premiership without a LOT of better players, and that ain't gonna happen!

Rangers would beat St Mirren.