Project Cars

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been reading some negative reviews saying how this looks more last gen, driveclub is a masterpiece and looks way better even forza apparently. I must be seeing a different game because the one im seeing pisses all over all racing games out there at the moment. Maybe these people need to get their eyes checked.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I'll be buying on release. Probably around 20-25 quid mark for me.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why so many people think that the visuals are the most important part of a game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I don't understand why so many people think that the visuals are the most important part of a game.

Handling of the cars, AI and having lots of tracks are more important but when i read comments saying how bad it looks and it looks last gen compared to driveclub and FH2 when clearly it doesn't. It has been said this game will not be for those who are expecting it to be like driveclub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why imy not prepared to pay full price. I'm more fun pick up n play driving than full on sim. Liking driving games though, I'll probably get when cheap
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Been reading some negative reviews saying how this looks more last gen, driveclub is a masterpiece and looks way better even forza apparently. I must be seeing a different game because the one im seeing pisses all over all racing games out there at the moment. Maybe these people need to get their eyes checked.

Yeah it's a bit odd. I've noticed on some of the PC youtube videos a lot of "Drive Club is better than this" type posts. Can't both games exist in the same universe at the same time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a bit odd. I've noticed on some of the PC youtube videos a lot of "Drive Club is better than this" type posts. Can't both games exist in the same universe at the same time?

No idea what drive club is like. Can only go on what people have told me and that was they got bored it after a while. I think drive club is more on the arcade side where PC is a full on sim which will no doubt put some off.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Been reading some negative reviews saying how this looks more last gen, driveclub is a masterpiece and looks way better even forza apparently.
    Anyone who tries to claim that this looks last-gen is clearly blind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-vpULIXuQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1nph_eLX4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGOzm-cuus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMkw8S7vDE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPxwmXl7yY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting cockpit view on 1st video. It's centre of car. Ok not realistic as his/her hands were left of that on the wheel BUT I could maybe use that view.
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that Project Cars might have been released on current generation consoles as well (like Forza Horizon 2 was) but sadly looks like this will be a next gen only release. The game looks really good and will be on my list of racing games to get when I upgrade to either Xbox One or PS4 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    I was hoping that Project Cars might have been released on current generation consoles as well (like Forza Horizon 2 was) but sadly looks like this will be a next gen only release. The game looks really good and will be on my list of racing games to get when I upgrade to either Xbox One or PS4 :)

They did explain why it wasn't released on them consoles. The technology used isn't available in the 360 and ps3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know whether to buy steering wheel and pedals for this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    STEVE 03 wrote: »

PS4 / XBOne ARE current gen. They have been out well over a year now...
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    PS4 / XBOne ARE current gen. They have been out well over a year now...
    Don't know why, but it also irritates me people still call last gen 'current gen' and current gen 'next gen' it's a a tedious thing to find annoying though lol

As for the game, I'm not great at racing games but I still enjoy them now and again, sim or arcade I don't mind either. Will probably get this when the price is right for me.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Don't know why, but it also irritates me people still call last gen 'current gen' and current gen 'next gen' it's a a tedious thing to find annoying though lol

As for the game, I'm not great at racing games but I still enjoy them now and again, sim or arcade I don't mind either. Will probably get this when the price is right for me.

I really think the current/next gen thing is said from your point of view. Kind of like "this is the current generation of console that I have", be it a PS3 or ps4, or their counterparts.

Re: Project Cars. I'm not too bothered about this. I have a great driving game in Driveclub so I'm not pushed on getting another. Maybe in another year I'll look to get a new one but at that stage I might just wait for the next big one instead of backtracking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I really think the current/next gen thing is said from your point of view. Kind of like "this is the current generation of console that I have", be it a PS3 or ps4, or their counterparts.
    Yeah I can understand that point of view. But for me a next gen becomes current gen as soon as it's available to buy, regardless what consoles you have.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I can understand that point of view. But for me a next gen becomes current gen as soon as it's available to buy, regardless what consoles you have.

Yeah there was a bit of arguing a year or more ago as to what people should call them. It's mostly gone now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Yeah there was a bit of arguing a year or more ago as to what people should call them. It's mostly gone now :)
    Oh I see *slowly backs away from this topic* lol. Not really a big deal to argue about tbh. =) I won't derail this thread any further.
    Forum Member
    Oh I see *slowly backs away from this topic* lol. Not really a big deal to argue about tbh. =) I won't derail this thread any further.

Ah no I didn't mean it like that. As more people makes the jump to current gen, it's became less of an issue :)

Now, back to PC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As im thinking of getting a steering wheel and pedals for PC. I've always wanted one of them racing seats as well. Just wondered if anyone as one and is it better than using a pad and which would be the best one to get?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Project cars has been delayed until April. If it means it'll be even better then I think it'll be worth the wait.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what good a couple of extra weeks is going to do - suggests all is not well maybe ?
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I'm annoyed as I had a few days off work the following week and had hoped to play the game a bit during the week.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those comments are.....interesting.