Anton looked embarrassed tonight?

dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
Forum Member
Embarrassed?

I though Anton tried his best to play it down tonight when they were talking to Tess on the balcony. He certainly looked and acted embarrassed when Ann started talking about the winning the glitter ball trophy. I think for a dancer of Anton's quality it would be a hollow victory if they did win and he knows it.
I agree with other posters on here that he is doing his best with what he was given (almost nothing) but winning first prize in a dancing competition without really dancing would be a joke.
To be honest I thought that the bbc had given Ann to Anton because he had other TV commitments and they thought she would be off in the first week or two, leaving Anton free to follow his other pursuits/contracts

I also got very fed up and angry at Ann for banging on about their comedy partnership and how fuuny they were!!
It's not a comedy show, her dancing is not entertaining to the vast majority of people.
In a water cooler pole of the 40 SCD fans in my office, not one of them would (or had) considered voting for Ann. Indeed they are all outraged and like me cannot understand who is voting for her?
If she does win then she will have spoilt the show that I look forward to watching all year.

Also (on another rant) I am missing the professional dancers doing their group dances- bring them back please.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    'I also got very fed up and angry at Ann for banging on about their comedy partnership and how fuuny they were!!
    It's not a comedy show, her dancing is not entertaining to the vast majority of people.
    '

Well, clearly their dance IS entertaining to a majority of people,otherwise they wouldn't still be in the show. Can't stand Ann personally, but there you go,people have the right to vote for whomever they choose. Incidentally I laughed from start to finish at their titanic routine don't think Anton is embarrassed at all - bemused, maybe.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed at the iceberg. Someone on an earlier thread said "You can never find an iceberg when you want one" - well, there it was! :D
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    At no point did she state she wanted to win, she actually said if they were fortunate enough to win due to the viewers votes she would give the glitterball to Anton because he had been a comedy genius and it would be due to him.

It seems people only hear what they want to hear regarding Ann.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    At no point did she state she wanted to win, she actually said if they were fortunate enough to win due to the viewers votes she would give the glitterball to Anton because he had been a comedy genius and it would be due to him.

It seems people only hear what they want to hear regarding Ann.

She did say she was 'in it to win it'.
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bitchy_me wrote: »
    She did say she was 'in it to win it'.

They all say they want to win. Why shouldn't she?

For the record - I'm not voting for Ann (or anyone)(I never vote on these things). But I just don't understand all the angst around Ann and the fact that people are voting for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suze wrote: »
    They all say they want to win. Why shouldn't she?

For the record - I'm not voting for Ann (or anyone)(I never vote on these things). But I just don't understand all the angst around Ann and the fact that people are voting for her.

I was replying to the poster who said she has never said she wants to win it. She clearly has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassed?

I though Anton tried his best to play it down tonight when they were talking to Tess on the balcony. He certainly looked and acted embarrassed when Ann started talking about the winning the glitter ball trophy. I think for a dancer of Anton's quality it would be a hollow victory if they did win and he knows it.
    I agree with other posters on here that he is doing his best with what he was given (almost nothing) but winning first prize in a dancing competition without really dancing would be a joke.
    To be honest I thought that the bbc had given Ann to Anton because he had other TV commitments and they thought she would be off in the first week or two, leaving Anton free to follow his other pursuits/contracts

I also got very fed up and angry at Ann for banging on about their comedy partnership and how fuuny they were!!
    In a water cooler pole of the 40 SCD fans in my office, not one of them would (or had) considered voting for Ann. Indeed they are all outraged and like me cannot understand who is voting for her?
    If she does win then she will have spoilt the show that I look forward to watching all year.

Also (on another rant) I am missing the professional dancers doing their group dances- bring them back please.

Oh Dizzy, I do agree with you (and so do many others, but they've almost given up posting due to the huge (more than 5) number of posters who insist that "people have a right to vote as they like". Yes, of course they have - you cannot manipulate the GBP vote, but that does definitely NOT provide an answer to this OP. And I do wish peeople would stop saying it, because there are large numbers of SCD viewers who cannot vote.

So Dizzy, you are lost in the wilderness until the day that one of the tabloids will turn against Ann, and this may finally turn the vote.

Or, Anton will need a chiropractor and osteopath permanently on call.
    Forum Member
    bitchy_me wrote: »
    I was replying to the poster who said she has never said she wants to win it. She clearly has.

And I was replying to the OP. When with Tess she did not state she wanted to win.
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Dizzy, I do agree with you (and so do many others, but they've almost given up posting due to the huge (more than 5) number of posters who insist that "people have a right to vote as they like". Yes, of course they have - you cannot manipulate the GBP vote, but that does definitely NOT provide an answer to this OP. And I do wish peeople would stop saying it, because there are large numbers of SCD viewers who cannot vote.

So Dizzy, you are lost in the wilderness until the day that one of the tabloids will turn against Ann, and this may finally turn the vote.

Or, Anton will need a chiropractor and osteopath permanently on call.

Sorry - what question are you looking for an answer to? Who is voting for her? I expect as with most of the contestants it's a pretty wide variety of people - with a variety of reasons. The idea that there is a single 'type' of Ann voter and they all have the same reason for voting is a bit simplistic.

I'm not sure what viewers who can't vote have to do with the issue though? Should people who can vote be taking their views into consideration?????
  • dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    And I was replying to the OP. When with Tess she did not state she wanted to win.

As another thread states, Ann did say "I want to go to the final. I'm in it to win it." She said this in the VT showing their rehearsal.
    Tess asked if Ann had "cleared a little space on her mantle for the glitter ball trophy" at which point Anton interjected "leave off" but then Ann replied that the trophy would be on "Anton's mantelpiece because that guy has been a comic genius throughout"
    All of this led to my original post because I do believe Anton looked uncomfortable and it also proves how deluded Ann really is.
    If we want comedy then we can watch the comic relief or sport relief version. For me she has never been funny or entertaining and she certainly does not dance!!
  • flossieblossomflossieblossom Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Anton was so uncomfortable with the whole idea of winning that he said "Vote Matt!" I think he meant it too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Anton also said to Artem when they talking about his bad shoulder, that he should try swapping with him, he would then have bad shoulder/back,hips etc had to smile

ferney
    Forum Member
    ferney wrote: »
    Anton also said to Artem when they talking about his bad shoulder, that he should try swapping with him, he would then have bad shoulder/back,hips etc had to smile

ferney

Oh yes! I forgot about that. Anton is up for a joke, but I think this one may have gone too far, even for him!
    Forum Member
    Anton was so uncomfortable with the whole idea of winning that he said "Vote Matt!" I think he meant it too!

Or was it Mark? ;):D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Or was it Mark? ;):D:D:D

Oops! Was it? Oh well, I guess he meant vote for anyone but me!!
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    Oh yes! I forgot about that. Anton is up for a joke, but I think this one may have gone too far, even for him!

I hope he doesn't sustain a permanent injury. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not funny.................I think Anton should be knighted.......