Options

How often do you cry?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
Forum Member
✭✭
I read somewhere that women cry about 5 times a month and men about once a month. I can't honestly believe that it happens this often.

So, how often do you cry, and what are the things that have set you off?

Comments

• Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably about 3 days a week :o

Am set off by pretty much anything, I'm emotionally retarded.
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably about once every couple of weeks. Usually because I've watched something sad on tv, that afterwards I have to slap myself and remind myself that it's fiction
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Almost every time I listen to my favourite music or watch my favourite bands, so at least 5 times a month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Only if someone hits me in the knackers, or if I stub my toe on the bathroom door.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more often than five times a month. :D

Let me think, when did I last cry? This morning when I watched Any Human Heart on 4od and Logan was screaming out at the end.

I'm pretty sure I've had at least a couple of frustrated wee cries and one sentimentally emotional cry between the Harry Potter release night and now. HP release night, I cried from when Dobby appeared to when he...he... *sniffs* So that's about one cry every other day. I don't sob hardcore that often although still kind of a lot. But water falls from my eyes due to emotion, about every other day.

I'm basically a ****ing fountain, for such a happy bunny.
  • Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless movie related (and i hardly watch movies) maybe once or twice a year....

This year i have cried alot, for me anyway....maybe 6/7 or 8 times.....

5 times a month though?!? Im slightly concerned i have no heart.....
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Not that often, but I feel like crying on a regular basis.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not that often, mostly if I watch a sad movie or someone says something to me that upsets me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    At least once a week most times. It only takes the slightest sign of emotion on TV and I am off like a baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Probably about 3 days a week :o

Am set off by pretty much anything, I'm emotionally retarded.

Aww. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of times a month usually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    Much more often than five times a month. :D

Let me think, when did I last cry? This morning when I watched Any Human Heart on 4od and Logan was screaming out at the end.

I'm pretty sure I've had at least a couple of frustrated wee cries and one sentimentally emotional cry between the Harry Potter release night and now. HP release night, I cried from when Dobby appeared to when he...he... *sniffs* So that's about one cry every other day. I don't sob hardcore that often although still kind of a lot. But water falls from my eyes due to emotion, about every other day.

I'm basically a ****ing fountain, for such a happy bunny.

Oh yeah, I didn't properly cry over Dobby, but my eyes did leak... just a little bit.
    I think Gladiator's the worst film for that though. Must have seen it over a hundred times and still sob unrestrainedly over the ending. Can't watch it with anyone else for that reason. Would be a bit too awkward.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)

S'ok a nice cry helps sometimes. I just feel silly if I'm in public view when I have a teary moment :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    only cry when going through big emotional events in my life. i've been blubbing quite a bit over the last couple of weeks because of a broken heart. i'm male btw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    helen292 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I didn't properly cry over Dobby, but my eyes did leak... just a little bit.
    I think Gladiator's the worst film for that though. Must have seen it over a hundred times and still sob unrestrainedly over the ending. Can't watch it with anyone else for that reason. Would be a bit too awkward.

I was doing gaspy sobs, but I was in good company with nearly the entire rest of the cinema. My mate next to me was sniffing theatrically but I looked under her fringe and her eyes weren't even wet, let alone teary. That's too cynical even for her.

I don't mind how teary I am really. I know that my overall mental state is the good end of average, I'm just a cry-y kind of person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally ony cry over big things, death of family members, funerals etc. Sometimes I've been a bit tearful when I've been in a stressful situation like moving house but, and I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't understand people who cry at the drop of a hat. I'm inclined to think it's more about them than what they are supposedly sad about.:o
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment a lot more than 5x a month! Maybe 5x a week?

Other times maybe 5x a month is about average!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daily at the moment :(
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About once or twice a year for an emotional moment where a tear or two will form. It's been about 10 years since I had a proper, full-on cry. Always assumed I was sensitive for a bloke for crying that often and am surprised at the once a month number.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Hardly ever at all these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Hardly ever. Now and again something will tug at me but being a chap I usually suck it up and get on with things. Not very progressive I know but still......
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably fulfill my quota :D
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only tend to cry when I get hit round the head/face, which is about two or three times a year.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't, and I don't know why, it's not as if I never get bad news or experience shitty/stressful times. I can 'well up' in response to sufficient emotional stimulus (eg a particular film scene or song etc), and maybe even have a Sinead O'Connor moment or two, but the floodgates don't actually open.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I avoid sad films because I know I'll cry. But I can also turn on the waterworks at happy moments too :D Having lost my mum a few years back I do find I cry more than I used to, though often it's just for a few moments, not gut wrenching sobs.

But I can't watch Dumbo or Bambi, and Jessie's song in Toy Story 2 gets me every time :D