Daybreak

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Daybreak - anagram 'Re Bad Yak'
    I see Daybreak is still pushing forward with radical new ideas. Kieth Chegwin is coming back!:rolleyes:

Prelude to Aled leaving or at least having a long holiday for his Cathedral Tour?
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Cheggars returning to Daybreak.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    Did anyone see the interview this morning with Lance Armstrongs masseuse? Daybreak were crediting her with exposing him- when surely it wad Tyler Hamilton on "60 minutes" who did that
    She claimed to have tried to stop drugs in cycling and she said she had not seen drug taking- contradicting several other previous interviews she has given-
    http:// http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-woman-Emma-OReilly-blew-the-lid-on-Lance-Armstrongs-doping-174016911.html?mob-ua=Y
    found the whole interview very lame and amateurish - she came across as skittish and insincere-
    There is no doubting what he did was wrong - watch the cling ons hop on the bandwagon -
    That interview was probably the most unprofessional and inaccurate I have seen on Daybreak- that lady came across as fame hungry and her distancing herself from involvement was lame and a tad late

Oprah and Lance refer to her in the interview. I don't see her at all as fame hungry. What she said has been proven right.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Prelude to Aled leaving or at least having a long holiday for his Cathedral Tour?

Still indugling in your Choir boy obsession I see John.:rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    Still indugling in your Choir boy obsession I see John.:rolleyes::D

What leads you to believe that, Ram?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parking on the pavement. What a waste of 5 minutes.! News hour is lowering it's standards to that of the rest of the show.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the morons who run Daybreak have put scrolling headlines at the bottom of the screen during the news hour! Who needs this first thing in the morning and who wants to read the same thing over and over and over again. Enough is enough - I've stuck with this programme for far too long, time to switch to Breakfast.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the morons who run Daybreak have put scrolling headlines at the bottom of the screen during the news hour! Who needs this first thing in the morning and who wants to read the same thing over and over and over again. Enough is enough - I've stuck with this programme for far too long, time to switch to Breakfast.

If you want scrolling headlines you can watch Sky, CNN or Breakfast on the BBC News channel (and no doubt other channels I'm not aware of).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    If you want scrolling headlines you can watch Sky, CNN or Breakfast on the BBC News channel (and no doubt other channels I'm not aware of).

Exactly, which is the reason I don't watch those.
    Forum Member

If you want some insights into the daily goings-on then read Aled Jones' Twitter and Facebook, then read between the lines. The programme has struggled on, since its latest facelift, for all of 3 months now or thereabouts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you want some insights into the daily goings-on then read Aled Jones' Twitter and Facebook, then read between the lines. The programme has struggled on, since its latest facelift, for all of 3 months now or thereabouts.

I follow him on twitter but I've not noticed any give-a-ways. It is a bit noticable that he tweets to Laura, Ranvir, Matt etc. but rarely that famous twitter person Lorraine. Off to look at his Facebook page now.:D
    Forum Member
    I follow him on twitter but I've not noticed any give-a-ways. It is a bit noticable that he tweets to Laura, Ranvir, Matt etc. but rarely that famous twitter person Lorraine. Off to look at his Facebook page now.:D

What are your observations then, Earth?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What are your observations then, Earth?

On Facebook? I only had a quick look but all it showed was his bio from Wiki.
    Forum Member
    On Facebook? I only had a quick look but all it showed was his bio from Wiki.

There's more than that on Aled's Facebook and Twitter,
    Earth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's more than that on Aled's Facebook and Twitter,
    Earth

Facebook link please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want some insights into the daily goings-on then read Aled Jones' Twitter and Facebook, then read between the lines.
    In other words, read Aled's Twitter and Facebook updates and then twist them to suit your own agenda.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey S wrote: »
    In other words, read Aled's Twitter and Facebook updates and then twist them to suit your own agenda.

God knows what his agenda actually is. He whines about Jones being dropped by the BBC but is excited at the thought of him being unhappy on Daybreak. Strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one think Daybreak will be dead completely by this September?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Any one think Daybreak will be dead completely by this September?

ITV would probably love to axe this failure, which has struggled since day one, and show cartoons, repeats of last night's soaps and news, but is obliged to show a breakfast programme as part of its licence, even if it is costly and ratings are half that of BBC Breakfast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Daybreaks doing great! Ratings are rising, the newshour is now the newshour on screen too!
    And people want news, whats the problem with a ticker, NOTHING...
    Some people just dont like change do they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    ITV would probably love to axe this failure, which has struggled since day one, and show cartoons, repeats of last night's soaps and news, but is obliged to show a breakfast programme as part of its licence, even if it is costly and ratings are half that of BBC Breakfast.

Well I think they should get rid of this sunshite, and broadcast from the ITV news studio with guests and news paper reviews as Sky News do.
  • chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I really like watching Daybreak in the morning. It is much better than BBC Breakfast.

to the grand I do not agree with your comment about daybreak. If you don't like this program stop watching it and turn onto another channel.
    Forum Member
    chimp123 wrote: »
    I really like watching Daybreak in the morning. It is much better than BBC Breakfast.

to the grand I do not agree with your comment about daybreak. If you don't like this program stop watching it and turn onto another channel.

Seems a lot have, Chimp

Latest figures:

BBCBreakfast 1.51m (34.3%)
    Daybreak 636k (15.6%)
    Lorraine 1.09m (20.3%).

Previously:

BBCBreakfast 1.69m (37.4%)
    Daybreak 628k (15.2%)
    Lorraine 1.01m (17.6%)

You are in a big minority it would appear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    Daybreaks doing great! Ratings are rising, the newshour is now the newshour on screen too!
    And people want news, whats the problem with a ticker, NOTHING...
    Some people just dont like change do they?

Of course there is a problem with a ticker. It is distracting and irritating. Who wants to read the same four or five items over and over again ad nauseum? Only those people with the memory of a goldfish.
    Forum Member
    Of course there is a problem with a ticker. It is distracting and irritating. Who wants to read the same four or five items over and over again ad nauseum? Only those people with the memory of a goldfish.

I certainly get 'ticker' problems re this show, Gather. A la Monsieur Alfonse's 'dicky' ones in Allo Allo!

They should follow the rules of Radio 4 / World Service's famous Just a Minute and try to construct a programme, not only without 'repetition' but without 'hesitation and deviation' also.

Re your goldfish, it's probably more interesting to watch it swimming round in circles in his little bowl world, or 'watching' the proverbial 'paint dry' than to follow this stuff through your bleary 7am eyelids.