✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Surprised

its because of the pic of willow and her friend who was topless

Have you got a link to an article?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would a picture of a 13 yr old sitting next to a topless male on a sofa cause a similar reaction?
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have been investigated for funding a school which poisoned the minds of children with Scientology.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. It's about time these arrogant celeb parents are bought down to earth with a hard bang, what with their questionable parenting skills by letting their children grow too old & too quick.

Scientology is to blame as well!
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time too
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the type of parents who make the mistake of trying to be 'mates' with their kids and think they should be allowed to 'express themselves'.

Kids still need some boundaries.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The only shocking thing about that story is that the topless adult male is rico from hannah montana!

I knew the show was old but my god.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »
    They should have been investigated for funding a school which poisoned the minds of children with Scientology.

This.

But when it comes to the matter at hand I think it's a good thing that this is being investigated. Who knows what celeb children get exposed to. It's a concern.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Good. It's about time these arrogant celeb parents are bought down to earth with a hard bang, what with their questionable parenting skills by letting their children grow too old & too quick.

Scientology is to blame as well!

Yes, how dare they give their children chances to succeed in life. What terrible, terrible parents they are. They truly deserve to be punished.

As for Scientology, it's no better or worse than any other cult/religion. Based on BS and believed by gullible followers. Guess any opportunity for a dig though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yaristaman wrote: »
    Yes, how dare they give their children chances to succeed in life. What terrible, terrible parents they are. They truly deserve to be punished.

As for Scientology, it's no better or worse than any other cult/religion. Based on BS and believed by gullible followers. Guess any opportunity for a dig though.

They're terrible parents because they're raising their children in line with Scientology teaching which is that children are merely adults in little bodies, a line used to try and excuse the abuse of children within the cult. What you dismiss as a dig is relevant to understanding why the Smiths see nothing wrong with the photograph.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're terrible parents because they're raising their children in line with Scientology teaching which is that children are merely adults in little bodies, a line used to try and excuse the abuse of children within the cult. What you dismiss as a dig is relevant to understanding why the Smiths see nothing wrong with the photograph.

They are completely within their rights to do that. Is it any worse than being taught that we should worship someone who allegedly walked on water and rose from the dead? It's certainly no less logical. They're not terrible parents because of it.

People are entitled to whatever they wish to believe in. What business is it of anyone else to say they shouldn't?
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    About time too

Have to agree. What age is this kid now...13? she always seems to spend a lot of time out and about on her own, I have seen articles in the past where she was wandering around various places in town without her parents at the age of eleven. Too much freedom too soon IMO.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are completely within their rights to do that. Is it any worse than being taught that we should worship someone who allegedly walked on water and rose from the dead? It's certainly no less logical. They're not terrible parents because of it.

People are entitled to whatever they wish to believe in. What business is it of anyone else to say they shouldn't?

I don't have a problem with whatever wacky cults parents want to belong to but when indoctrination of children comes into it I don't agree with it. My kids can choose their own religion - if they choose to do so - when they turn 18 and can decide for themselves.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree. What age is this kid now...13? she always seems to spend a lot of time out and about on her own, I have seen articles in the past where she was wandering around various places in town without her parents at the age of eleven. Too much freedom too soon IMO.

She is with friends
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

I'd generally say a cult is worse than a religion yeah.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No child should be indoctrinated into a religion; adults are perfectly free to believe what they like.

Scientology's belief that children are mini adults and can do as they like is a very dangerous one: Children need boundaries and discipline. Also, letting kids do what they want and have what they want when they want is surely breeding a generation of monsters?

Scientology is nasty and insidious IMHO. A religion that believes psychiatrists are barbaric and corrupt and that 'spiritual healing' can cure post natal depression. A religion that denies life saving treatments to people with certain illnesses. The Travolta's (for example) refused to allow their elder son to have treatment for his autism. They also don't take too kindly to people who declare a state of apostasy. What happens if the Smith kids grow up and decide they don't want to be Scientologists?

Don't dismiss it as anything like any other religion. It's FAR more dangerous.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    She is with friends

And your point is:confused: Obviously her "friends" or in this instance "friend" has been found unsuitable to be around. That photo is simply not acceptable on any level and anyone who says it is, needs to get a grip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll quote what Nick Xenophon said in his speech on Scientology to the Australian Senate.
    There are not limits on what you can believe but there are limits on how you can behave. It's called the law, and no one is above it.

I'm not prepared to turn a blind eye to the abuse of children because some hack writer built it into the religion he created.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll quote what Nick Xenophon said in his speech on Scientology to the Australian Senate.

I'm not prepared to turn a blind eye to the abuse of children because some hack writer built it into the religion he created.

Excellently put. Bravo:)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was a 20 year old man doing posing for a photo like that with a 13 year old girl? It may well have been innocent, but it was incredibly stupid of him to put himself in that position.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    What was a 20 year old man doing posing for a photo like that with a 13 year old girl? It may well have been innocent, but it was incredibly stupid of him to put himself in that position.

Dunno, but it's probably a good idea to remind people of McAlpine v. Bercow.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

At 11 I had flown back from Berlin on my own. At 11, I was going to school by train on my own and shopping in town. At 13 I was going to London with friends regularly and to see relatives. At 15, I was getting the train to Yorkshire.

I think she has the right mix of freedom. Getting her bosoms out though is weird.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I few years ago I saw a photo she posted on an Instagram-type site where she had shaved her hair of and had quite a mournful expression. The caption was iirc "Life is pain". She was about 11 years old. Everything I've seen since has continued to trouble me about how those kids are being raised.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand why people care so much about how these kids are raised