Something odd about Fridays episode of EastEnders

CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,334
Forum Member
✭✭
on the one hand its been a few days due to Sharon only just getting the DNA test back, yet Alife has only know invited Martin to sleep the night, like it was the day after he had saw Martin sleeping in his van.

Meanwhile Cindy has seemingly left, im not sure where and it seems like time has past since she said she no longer wanted Beth.

It felt like I was missing an episode TBH.

Also Ian forgot about David Wicks, being Pete Beales son.

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great episode.
  • Silent-TearsSilent-Tears Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh thats exactly what me and my daughter thought and we double checked to see if we had missed an episode it felt like stuff had gone on behind scenes but the public was not in the know,am glad it wasn't just me who thought that.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Yeah there did seem to be a gap in knowledge but it didn't stop it from being a great episode.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I felt sure this thread was going to be about Sharon's son biting another child on the head. On the head! Who does that? How would it even be possible?
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I'm worried Sharon and Ian will still somehow be related due to the corruption in the dna test
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need to see every single little detail? It wasn't difficult to gauge what was going on.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Cindy is at the Masood's, that's where she was in the last episode. And Alfie followed Martin to his van during the daytime which explains how he offered him a place to stay.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I felt sure this thread was going to be about Sharon's son biting another child on the head. On the head! Who does that? How would it even be possible?

Jane seemed to be fully aware of this even though it was the first time we were hearing about it.

I mentioned on a different thread how there seemed to be a lot of things that have happened that we never saw or knew about even though the last episode was only 24 hours earlier including Ian accepting that Cindy wanted to adopt Beth when Cindy had only just announced it at the end of the previous episode.
  • andytaylor47andytaylor47 Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it in fiction when a jump of some kind happens. You can usually work out what's happening but it keeps you on your toes.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is possible. I've been bit on the head before :/
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy is at the Masood's, that's where she was in the last episode. And Alfie followed Martin to his van during the daytime which explains how he offered him a place to stay.
    which is kinda my point, the DNA would have taken at least a week, even as a rush job, 2 days of postage for starters, the stuff with Martin just does not fit the timeline, and Dennys fight at school and Sharon trying to give him the X Box One, is simply missing to the point its confusing.

I am all for the odd time jump in the show, please EE has had so many episodes set on the same day recently, but the Martin storyline just seemed confused. I guess we can over look the Denny stuff due to child actor, but the Martin stuff is poor planning by the show.
  • MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm confused as to why that would not be possible :confused:
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,715
    Forum Member
    I thought it was strange too. I don't ever remember there been a jump in time in the show before. I too thought I had missed an episode.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    which is kinda my point, the DNA would have taken at least a week, even as a rush job, 2 days of postage for starters, the stuff with Martin just does not fit the timeline, and Dennys fight at school and Sharon trying to give him the X Box One, is simply missing to the point its confusing.

I am all for the odd time jump in the show, please EE has had so many episodes set on the same day recently, but the Martin storyline just seemed confused. I guess we can over look the Denny stuff due to child actor, but the Martin stuff is poor planning by the show.

It was bizarre. Cobbled together. As though they had thrown stuff supposed to go out at different times into one episode. Poor really.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    MediaMan5 wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why that would not be possible :confused:
    Because a head is hard. If they were going to have him bite someone, why choose the head when a softer area is far more likely?
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a pretty good episode
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was rather mediocre for a sarah phelps script
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It seemed to be a couple of days later in the Beale scenes, but the same evening at Donnas. Sharon had had time to buy the game and get the DNA results posted back to her.
  • maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too thought I'd missed an episode... I was very confused about cindy and Beth story
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the DNA results were returned so quickly was because one sample was unusable. Sharon said she had paid for the premium service to get it returned ASAP so if they sent the test immediately after taking it, its just about plausible the lab returned it the next day because it wasn't a viable sample
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also felt I'd missed an episode and assumed there was a double earlier that day, similar reaction on Twitter.

When watching a soap I'm not expecting to have to fill in a ton of blanks myself.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Maybe the DNA results were returned so quickly was because one sample was unusable. Sharon said she had paid for the premium service to get it returned ASAP so if they sent the test immediately after taking it, its just about plausible the lab returned it the next day because it wasn't a viable sample
    you would not know the sample was unusable until you tried, and whilst it was sent "signed for" it still had to make two trips, one to the DNA firm, another to Albert Square, and the suggestion is the test had been sitting there at least that day. No way a DNA service is anything less than a week total, rush or not.

https://dnatesting.com/paternity-test-questions/how-long-does-dna-testing-take/

http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Standard-Paternity-Test-FAQ#How%20long%20will%20the%20results%20take?
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I did roll my eyes at that to the point where I thought maybe they were airing the wrong episode, like Friday's episode was meant for say next week :D