Options

Iphone can't use Amazon mp3's ?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I do a lot, is use the iPhone (and iPad) as a games console through AppleTV.

For instance, using the iPhone as a games controller for Real Racing 2 while projecting the game to the TV wirelessly through Airplay, and using the iPad as a second controller.

Can other phones do that? Not trying to start a fight, genuine question.
    You can get the sixaxis app for example on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Give it time, it'll happen.

Doesn't matter what they cost, I had them anyway for different reasons, didn't buy them specifically to make a games machine.

If most people have a phone, a tablet, and maybe a home media streamer anyway, why not use them to their full potential.

OK, maybe it can't match high-end consoles, but I'm telling you, it wipes the floor with Wii at least.

How can it not matter what they cost if you claim they are a console replacement :confused:

Most people don't have all three and why you need all three to play a game on TV anyway.
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple want to keep their walled garden so they can milk it for all its worth. Yes there is a work around by using a PC.

What a quality answer

10/10 :D
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    Been there

Done that

Different thread

Link?

Cut and paste?

Sorry, I didn't read every word you wrote, on all threads, going back to the invention of DS.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to come across anything, software-wise, that another smartphone can do, and an iPhone cannot. If you think there is, then you likely just don't know how to do it (you can easily block a number on an iPhone).

On the flash issue, even YouTube don't use flash anymore, they've changed to html5. And if you really do need flash for your dodgy video streaming websites, there are Apps such as Skyfire which will allow you to do that.

Also, if you jailbreak it, which isn't at all illegal, there is a wealth of things that other phones can't do. It is only limited by hardware.

The hardware is identical though, to the point that you can actually install Android on an Iphone and IOS on a samsung.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hardware is identical though, to the point that you can actually install Android on an Iphone and IOS on a samsung.

In a high end Andriod, the hardware is better (screen resolution, SD card slot, quad core CPU) in my opinion.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link?
    along the lines of some guitar thing to emulate an effects box and record output.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    OK, maybe it can't match high-end consoles, but I'm telling you, it wipes the floor with Wii at least.
    In the Graphics department maybe, but not sure you'll find much if anything on iPad that can wipe the floor with the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Xenoblade Chronicles, House of the Dead Overkill, LOZ Skyward Sword to name just a few.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    How can it not matter what they cost if you claim they are a console replacement :confused:

Most people don't have all three and why you need all three to play a game on TV anyway.

You don't need all three, you actually only need an iPhone, but works better with AppleTV, the iPad is just another controller, works just as well with 2 iPhones, or 2 iPads, or 2 Ipod Touch, or an iPhone, iPod, iPad.

I never said it was a replacement for a console, just that you no longer need a console to get quality gaming. I no longer have a console, and I'm not in a hurry to buy one.

The graphics, especially in the New iPad are approaching console stardards, and developers are begining to take note of this. Especially as the mobile games industry is growing faster.

People are beginning to wonder why they should pay £40 a game, when they can get it on portable device for a few pounds. Yes, the high end console games are gonna be better quality, but with mobile gaming growing in both quality and performance, the casual gamer no longer needs to buy a console to get their fix.

And if this new 'Ouya' console coming out is a hit, developers will be falling over themselves to develop for Android ( which I'm not that pleased about because I don't particularly like the Operating System).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    In the Graphics department maybe, but not sure you'll find much if anything on iPad that can wipe the floor with the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Xenoblade Chronicles, House of the Dead Overkill, LOZ Skyward Sword to name just a few.

You can get some of those on iPad, and the quality of games is only going to get better with more and more big developers being pulled in by the growing market.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    You can get some of those on iPad, and the quality of games is only going to get better with more and more big developers being pulled in by the growing market.

You can't get any of those on iPad.
    Are you sure you know what your talking about?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    You can't get any of those on iPad.
    Are you sure you know what your talking about?:confused:

No, you are right, I was thinking of the Wii. Sorry.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    You don't need all three, you actually only need an iPhone, but works better with AppleTV, the iPad is just another controller, works just as well with 2 iPhones, or 2 iPads, or 2 Ipod Touch, or an iPhone, iPod, iPad.

I never said it was a replacement for a console, just that you no longer need a console to get quality gaming. I no longer have a console, and I'm not in a hurry to buy one.

The graphics, especially in the New iPad are approaching console stardards, and developers are begining to take note of this. Especially as the mobile games industry is growing faster.

People are beginning to wonder why they should pay £40 a game, when they can get it on portable device for a few pounds. Yes, the high end console games are gonna be better quality, but with mobile gaming growing in both quality and performance, the casual gamer no longer needs to buy a console to get their fix.

And if this new 'Ouya' console coming out is a hit, developers will be falling over themselves to develop for Android ( which I'm not that pleased about because I don't particularly like the Operating System).

You actually did say why does anyone need a console. You seem very taken with your iPad so very good but it is no where near console standards you will see that when the new batch of consoles come out next year especially.

Who are these people exactly let's see if they queue up to buy the next modern warfare shall we.