Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Jo she might have frowned mightily but she hasn't ever actually done anything.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too think the baby might die and Darron might be the father of Sinead's baby.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I find Tilly hard to like as well. I think they basically have a problem in that when the new teens first came in, Maddie, Tilly and George were all bitches who facilitated each other and sneered at the rest of the world. They were vile to Sinead, Ruby, Esther, Ricky, and pretty much anyone else who wasn't part of their gang. They've tried to rewrite some of them, but it's hard to forget.

Since then, Tilly's main storyline has been the thing with Jen, in which she basically comes across as silly and infatuated. So yeah, hard to like.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know about the driving, I don't drive at all, I had a go once and nearly crashed into a wall, it put me off to be honest.

I loved the Tilly scene but it annoyed me that she sat through the Sinead, George, Ruby and Esther torture but finally had enough when Maddie called Esther a dyke.

She was only bothered when it affected her.

Too little, too late.

Yeah, that's an interesting one. Tilly was offended because she saw it (quite rightly, imo) as a homophobic slur.

But I read another forum member's reaction to Doug calling Brendan a queer, and apparently it's quite different in that case because they're both gay, so it can't be a homophobic insult for one gay person to call another gay person 'queer'. :confused:

I can't see how it makes a difference whether just one or both parties are homosexual? If the word is thrown out there in a hostile manner, and clearly intended to offend the person its directed at, then it's verbal homophobic abuse regardless? Surely it can't only apply when a straight person uses such a term towards a gay person? It's all a bit much for my inadequate little heterosexual brain to figure out! :p

All I know is that I found it pretty distasteful of Doug when he said that to Brendan. It's hardly like he's a shining example of out-and-proud gayness himself - this is the guy who was arranging a sham wedding to a girl just a couple of months ago, because he didn't want to tell his folks he was gay :cool:

ETA: I agree, Tilly has been quite happy to stand back and let Maddie carry on being a bitch, so the fact that she got angry at Maddie calling Esther a dyke doesn't really make up for all the things she's let go unchallenged up til now. :sleep:
  • Options
    CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was absolutely an insult when Doug called Brendan 'queer'. He knows fine well that Brendan is sensitive about his sexuality and chose to use that as a weapon against him.

Cheap shot and very distasteful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird I think Doug was throwing that out to upset Brendan, because it's not as if he has been out longer than himself. ;)

Maddie is just a c*nt.

I thought it was a really weird episode altogether, I felt like the storyliners and writers had just gone out for the day and told the actors to get on with it.

It was rubbish basically.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good points made about Tilly, she only reacted when it affected her, on previous occassions she just gives Maddie that look but all is forgiven after five minutes. Having said that after months of disliking her I liked her yesterday but I'm not sure if her disliking of Maddie will last long.

I also remember how she betrayed Esther when Esther told her about Maddie parents getting divorced but told her not to say she told but Tilly just betrayed her.
    Tilly known what Maddie like, she seen how she use to be with Sinead and Ruby but didnt say anything. She must know about Esther but still didnt say anything, until Maddie made an offensive remark about lesbians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bluebird I think Doug was throwing that out to upset Brendan, because it's not as if he has been out longer than himself. ;)

Maddie is just a c*nt.

I thought it was a really weird episode altogether, I felt like the storyliners and writers had just gone out for the day and told the actors to get on with it.

It was rubbish basically.

Oh, I know, it was pretty obvious from his snarling and general animosity towards Brendan that it wasn't said as a term of endearment! ;):p

It was clearly intended to offend and provoke, and I couldn't really understand how it could not be taken that way just because both parties involved were gay? :confused:

I just thought it was a really cheap, low shot from Doug. But we've kinda become accustomed to this behaviour from him now :sleep:
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that annoyed me was that calling Esther a dyke wasn't the worst thing that Maddie said. It was basically the tamest. She also said 'You should die, no-one will miss you' but Tilly didn't think that was as bad as calling someone a dyke?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone past hating Doug now Bluebird, his actions no longer have anything to do with loving Ste, he is on a vendetta and he is going to lose.

Recording Brendan after Ste full on told him to back off is a step too far.

I can't believe they are still going to be a couple after Ste comes out of the coma but who cares basically.

It's just shit and pointless.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God i really hope Ste has some sort of amnesia because he wouldn't get back with Doug after that.. would he?
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the E4 ep, I wonder if they'll be tears or celebrations when we find out whose dead..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've gone past hating Doug now Bluebird, his actions no longer have anything to do with loving Ste, he is on a vendetta and he is going to lose.

Recording Brendan after Ste full on told him to back off is a step too far.

I can't believe they are still going to be a couple after Ste comes out of the coma but who cares basically.

It's just shit and pointless.

They're really stringing things out beyond the point of believability on this one, aren't they?

Ste has already tried to brush aside so many questionable things that Doug has done - yet we know they're still going to be together weeks from now! It makes no sense at all. Why is Ste so desperate to hang on to a wreck of a relationship with a paranoid control freak? It's not even as if they've got a red-hot sex life to compensate - it's just 'nice'! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I'm excited for the E4 ep, I wonder if they'll be tears or celebrations when we find out whose dead..

I've got the party poppers and the tissues on hand, so I've got all bases covered. :cool:

I'm sure it's not healthy to be looking forward to the total carnage this much, but who cares.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are going to try and redeem Doug by making him "forgive" Brendan over the next week. That's what the spolers suggest anyway.
  • Options
    CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the party poppers and the tissues on hand, so I've got all bases covered. :cool:

I'm sure it's not healthy to be looking forward to the total carnage this much, but who cares.

You're a sick and twisted individual c&s ;)

I'm forcing my boyfriend to watch so I might have to put on a brave face for him. He doesn't seem to be savvy enough to be a Hollyoaks fan. Last night he said 'If Rhys had only gone home when he said he wasn't feeling well he'd be fine'. He genuinely thinks Rhys was feeling sick....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if Doug follows Brendan to Father Des.

Redemption is pretty dull.

Bring on the carnage. :D
  • Options
    Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for tonights ep! Rhys and jono are definitely goners.

Think sinead will be seriously hurt, she was the only one who blatantly wasnt wearing a seat belt (not sure about george and neil after they swapped)

I also hate tilly, i hate them all really. I used to like callum but this ally shite has ruined him. No way would he let some stranger come into his family and force his mum out / play his sisters.

Bart NEEDS to leave. Hopefully he is arrested for drug driving, aunty myra wont be willing to go down for him this time!

Ive not read any Dr. Browning spoilers apart from that he is back but i hope they hook him and mercedes up again, started really liking them together towards the end. Both as bat sh*t crazy as eachother!

Hope the savage storyline is good and not pathetically tedious like every savage storyline has ever been

Oh and ste / brendan needs to happen. Now. Die doug die
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Collybird wrote: »
    You're a sick and twisted individual c&s ;)

I'm forcing my boyfriend to watch so I might have to put on a brave face for him. He doesn't seem to be savvy enough to be a Hollyoaks fan. Last night he said 'If Rhys had only gone home when he said he wasn't feeling well he'd be fine'. He genuinely thinks Rhys was feeling sick....

I know, I'm sorry. :cry:

We should have agreed beforehand to play death bingo. Mark up characters' faces on a card and the first one to cross them all off shouts House.

I'm not helping myself here, am I? :o
  • Options
    CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ive got all bases done as well

If i get the result i want

Bubbly In The Fridge
    Fireworks
    Maurel on a bonfire (Sally - Please Return!)
    & ive also got one of those badges what your ment to put on the Transit Van (Van Of the year 2009)

If i dont get the result i want

Maurel Dancing
    Box of hankys
    Happy Pills

Either way this is more exciting than the X Factor results (probs cause i give a dam :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are Maurel?, I saw that on the main forum, is it Marlon and Laurel?

I hate that vet woman, is it Rhona, she is worse.
  • Options
    CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are Maurel?, I saw that on the main forum, is it Marlon and Laurel?

I hate that vet woman, is it Rhona, she is worse.

Rhona is the queen of DS As she makes maurels life hell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    Rhona is the queen of DS As she makes maurels life hell

Eek have I upset the ED fans?

I didn't mean to.

Rhona is still an OCD naggy bitch. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to raise my head above the parapet with regards to Tilly. Well why not, since most of my opinions get either shot down in flames, ignored or at best plegarised.

I like Tilly. Apart from the stint with Jen, I always have. Yes she was in the 'Maddie gang' when she first came to HO. But she has her eyes opened over time and is changed and I wouldn't be surprised if she became Esthers biggest Ally since Lacey, Pheobe and Dylan seem to have been wiped off the face off the earth regarding Esther.

Oh but wait:rolleyes::rolleyes: Tilly being a different person than before would mean a complete turn around in character.

So that cannot be true in HO;)

Me thinks here - Rhys, Brendan, Doug, Riley, Cheryl, and even the thieving Jacqui who has turned into mother superior. Oh what am I thinking. :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited for tonight. Rhys is a goner, Neil and Jono seem in major trouble. Any other deaths would be a surprise for me
This discussion has been closed.