A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing much just driving my mother insane by nagging her to take me out in the car :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im giving Impossible Princess and Kylie Minogue (1994) another go.....Has to be said while IP has a couple songs i find jarring IMO it is a corker and KM 94 is a really Acid House, Smoooooove Funky record...has to be said...glad i have played them in full for the first time in ages....also with a bit of sunlight hopefully a bit more spark can provide a more SPring-like soundtrack :D

But yeah...has to be said Body Language, Impossible Princess and Kylie Minogue 94 are my favourties of her albums....

Also i have played a lot of Aussie pop stuff recently...Sneaky Sound System and Cut Copy i am SO into right now, and got out my ELton Vs PNAU album from last summer....tis brilliant...come on sunshine and temperature :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Impossible Princess it works as a whole piece and is a great reflection of where she was at that time and she herself should give it and herself more credit for it. Also its a great flow from the Acid Houe smooth jazz R&B found on KM94 which again is a corker and great fro a chillax really love her 94-98 period especially her song with Towa Tei and that video :) Favorite Kylie album for me Light Years artistic and commercial all at once followed by X :) And yes sun and temp needed :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I love Impossible Princess it works as a whole piece and is a great reflection of where she was at that time and she herself should give it and herself more credit for it. Also its a great flow from the Acid Houe smooth jazz R&B found on KM94 which again is a corker and great fro a chillax really love her 94-98 period especially her song with Towa Tei and that video :) Favorite Kylie album for me Light Years artistic and commercial all at once followed by X :) And yes sun and temp needed :p

Yeah Impossible Princess was at a time where Pop and the underground kinda blended....I mean Madonna with Ray Of Light summed it up as an album in one fell swoop....and really showcased the state of the industry...and Impossible Princess is like a focus of Kylies mind and state at he time...her analysis of her own celebrity and what she disliked the years prior etc...it feels like her own exorcism i guess...plus a majority of the songs there it feels so natural and she evokes some elements of Bjork and Shirley Manson (garbage.) there and i love that...it is just a shame Bliss was the elad single and of course the title/release coinciding with Diana and everything meant it was more like a forgotten gem....but an effective and definite favourite :)

Yeah i dunno maybe its the campness i dislike in LY, Fever and Aphrodite really and her push toward the "less credible" and toward the "commercial" i get that kinda vibe from it...cannot describe....but songs on Fever like Love Affair and Fragile i do really love. But i dunno :) I think i love a bit more of a rawness and spirituality and spontaneous gusto behind it :D

and totally :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of underrated....Dannii Minogue and "girl" album i am tempted at getting too...I always had a kinda preference for Dannii and her mindstate and her kinda passion and drive....and the Electronica and Trance on "girl" i have to say is something epic :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Impossible Princess was at a time where Pop and the underground kinda blended....I mean Madonna with Ray Of Light summed it up as an album in one fell swoop....and really showcased the state of the industry...and Impossible Princess is like a focus of Kylies mind and state at he time...her analysis of her own celebrity and what she disliked the years prior etc...it feels like her own exorcism i guess...plus a majority of the songs there it feels so natural and she evokes some elements of Bjork and Shirley Manson (garbage.) there and i love that...it is just a shame Bliss was the elad single and of course the title/release coinciding with Diana and everything meant it was more like a forgotten gem....but an effective and definite favourite :)

Yeah i dunno maybe its the campness i dislike in LY, Fever and Aphrodite really and her push toward the "less credible" and toward the "commercial" i get that kinda vibe from it...cannot describe....but songs on Fever like Love Affair and Fragile i do really love. But i dunno :) I think i love a bit more of a rawness and spirituality and spontaneous gusto behind it :D

and totally :P

Totally people palm it off as her attempt at being Credible but she was on the cusp of 30 experimenting with lots of differnt idea and being involved with various different peole and Hutchence dying all combined for a really focsed yet fractured piece of work and the artwork and everything was just brilliant. But yes Bliss being lead and then the unfortuante eevnts and push backs didn't help. though in Oz it was much better received and went Platinum.

And only thing that scuppered Ly was Please Stay i love it but Disco needed to be 3rd. Fever was Flawless in everyway and Aphrodite well was a shambles that campaign :o

And only Danni i really like is her Neon Nights era :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally people palm it off as her attempt at being Credible but she was on the cusp of 30 experimenting with lots of differnt idea and being involved with various different peole and Hutchence dying all combined for a really focsed yet fractured piece of work and the artwork and everything was just brilliant. But yes Bliss being lead and then the unfortuante eevnts and push backs didn't help. though in Oz it was much better received and went Platinum.

And only thing that scuppered Ly was Please Stay i love it but Disco needed to be 3rd. Fever was Flawless in everyway and Aphrodite well was a shambles that campaign :o

And only Danni i really like is her Neon Nights era :)

The annoying thing with her Deconstruction albums is that you can tell she was really into it all and invested...but fans of her S/A/W era didnt want or listen toit...and of coruse Indie fans wouldnt want a "Kylie album" due to her S/A/W era so thats why both were underwhelming commercially :/ but alas...

Strangely enough wnenever i play Neon Lights it makes me think, darn this is how Light Years should have been...IMO of coruse...i like the Electronica across it more than the "campness" which is never my cup of tea if done wrong :o

Anyways found the commercial from 1994 for the TVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE7PSiSwGQ

SO mid-90s :D and IP ad here from AUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8oj1QL2yU
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The annoying thing with her Deconstruction albums is that you can tell she was really into it all and invested...but fans of her S/A/W era didnt want or listen toit...and of coruse Indie fans wouldnt want a "Kylie album" due to her S/A/W era so thats why both were underwhelming commercially :/ but alas...

Strangely enough wnenever i play Neon Lights it makes me think, darn this is how Light Years should have been...IMO of coruse...i like the Electronica across it more than the "campness" which is never my cup of tea if done wrong :o

Anyways found the commercial from 1994 for the TVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE7PSiSwGQ

SO mid-90s :D and IP ad here from AUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8oj1QL2yU

Yeah it was a catch 22 and it's still the same there were those fans that devoured X and lauded it and were underwhelmed by Aphrodite but then there were those that felt the ooposite its always hard to get it just right ala Fever :) And i like that about LY though, it was her going you want pop well here you go but its my way in all essence 70's disco in 2000 should not have worked but it did and i am like you not a fan of camp but i love Light Years plus it was my first Kylie Album i think for my 9th B'day :p

And thanks for the ads will check them out :)

Haing a Kylie blast now have a playlist on going from 88-12
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening! Been out all day. I just got home. Anyone watching Britain's Got Talent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was a catch 22 and it's still the same there were those fans that devoured X and lauded it and were underwhelmed by Aphrodite but then there were those that felt the ooposite its always hard to get it just right ala Fever :) And i like that about LY though, it was her going you want pop well here you go but its my way in all essence 70's disco in 2000 should not have worked but it did and i am like you not a fan of camp but i love Light Years plus it was my first Kylie Album i think for my 9th B'day :p

I love how everyone is mentioning Kylie I've been re-playing her albums just lately. I kinda wished that I had booked to see her Anti Kylie tour as a couple of the songs that she performs on that tour have really grown on me now. Like Over Dreaming Over You and most of the songs from Impossible Princess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey CNBC been anywhere nice :) and no I escaped to the bath to avoid it :o:D

And sarah same here but for me it was a round trip to see it as I live in Wales and London or Manchester were the closest :o but agreed love the songs on that tour wish she had released a b-sides and rarities as she has so many amazing ones :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Hello Sarah, welcome to DS :)

I went out for dinner with some friends after work. Tired now though. Thought I'd check in and check out

Speak to you all tomorrow
    Forum Member
    Hey CNBC been anywhere nice :) and no I escaped to the bath to avoid it :o:D

Went out for a drive to the countryside. Haha :p I watched it :o:D It was good. Now watching cycling on Eurosport as there's nothing else on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went out for a drive to the countryside. Haha :p I watched it :o:D It was good. Now watching cycling on Eurosport as there's nothing else on.

Awe lovely bet the West coast of Ireland is beautiful hope the weaether was good :) Went for a drive too eventually played Ellie Goulding and made 1 major mistake (got too close to a railing :o:D) What cycling is on at the mo ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it showcases variation though...i mean its not quite like Madonna or Bowie where when one album is released the next is polar different and so on and so on and each album builds its own fanbase it makes for a rift of discussion and plethora of reasons why etc etc which i also love (if discussed properly that is without any bile or whatever thrown around...cannot be dealing with that) but Kylies album variation is more kinetic and dissected into fractions....the S/A/W fraction, the Deconstructed fraction...then as you say the "pairings" Light Years Vs Fever and X Vs Aphrodite and poor beautiful Body Language is the odd sock :D

But yeah i think i have narrowed it down to Body Language, Impossible Princess and KM 94 as my favourites of La Minogue all three are 4/5 very very very good albums...and i do hope this next phase (of kinetic polarisations no doubt about that) will mark a more return to the more musically passionate Kylie than the "will do as the label insists" Kylie we have gotten used to..the whole Anti Tour and K25 thing was very left of centre in approach i felt too...a new song not on an album (Time Bomb...didnt like it much personally but found it interesting what she did there) then her live eprformances at diferent events....and of course her Hits reworked album etc... and this duet with Mum that was put out there.....but partnering up with Roc Nation and Fernando garibay kinda makes me feel lukewarm...i dunno :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALso guys i wanna share this song by Chris Malinchak with you all...been on Radio 1 and seen it on TV a few times...but this is another jaaaam for SUmmer 2013 i have added :) so euphoric and gvies me the FEELS...check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcG9lpZV24&list=FLzfeTCdpFRPaiTQ8IFaCfhA&index=1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it showcases variation though...i mean its not quite like Madonna or Bowie where when one album is released the next is polar different and so on and so on and each album builds its own fanbase it makes for a rift of discussion and plethora of reasons why etc etc which i also love (if discussed properly that is without any bile or whatever thrown around...cannot be dealing with that) but Kylies album variation is more kinetic and dissected into fractions....the S/A/W fraction, the Deconstructed fraction...then as you say the "pairings" Light Years Vs Fever and X Vs Aphrodite and poor beautiful Body Language is the odd sock :D

But yeah i think i have narrowed it down to Body Language, Impossible Princess and KM 94 as my favourites of La Minogue all three are 4/5 very very very good albums...and i do hope this next phase (of kinetic polarisations no doubt about that) will mark a more return to the more musically passionate Kylie than the "will do as the label insists" Kylie we have gotten used to..the whole Anti Tour and K25 thing was very left of centre in approach i felt too...a new song not on an album (Time Bomb...didnt like it much personally but found it interesting what she did there) then her live eprformances at diferent events....and of course her Hits reworked album etc... and this duet with Mum that was put out there.....but partnering up with Roc Nation and Fernando garibay kinda makes me feel lukewarm...i dunno :D

I will disagree as for the most part your theory is correct but i would argue both M and Bowie and to an extent even Kate have pairs and albums that lead on from the next with the odd exception Madonna's being MDNA, Madonna and LAP her best and worst oddly enough :) But yeah i like that with KM though Lets Get To It along with KM94 kind of standalone there are elemnts of each perhaps found on their successors but for the most part are left untested again. And again i would Argue the second half of Fever owes itself to LY whilst BL owes itself to the first half with more R&b leanings whereas again X i would say stands alone more its elctro but not so much dance if you ge tme.

And for me Light Years, Impossible Princess, Kylie Minogue' 94, Fever and X stand for me as her best. And yeah after lat year i hope that she goes left of the middle and mixes it up again if she could get the balance of an Aphrodite and X type thing he could work it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will disagree as for the most part your theory is correct but i would argue both M and Bowie and to an extent even Kate have pairs and albums that lead on from the next with the odd exception Madonna's being MDNA, Madonna and LAP her best and worst oddly enough :) But yeah i like that with KM though Lets Get To It along with KM94 kind of standalone there are elemnts of each perhaps found on their successors but for the most part are left untested again. And again i would Argue the second half of Fever owes itself to LY whilst BL owes itself to the first half with more R&b leanings whereas again X i would say stands alone more its elctro but not so much dance if you ge tme.

And for me Light Years, Impossible Princess, Kylie Minogue' 94, Fever and X stand for me as her best. And yeah after lat year i hope that she goes left of the middle and mixes it up again if she could get the balance of an Aphrodite and X type thing he could work it :p

how do you mean with best and worst? confused to read there....but what i mean is none of Madonnas have been kinda paired off and pitted against in a chronological release order....there is no real link directly in order to pit two against comparatively really it always seems to be 12 albums blasted off together and seeing what the results are in fanbase, in commerciality, in critical analysis and fanbase analysis and longevity....I mean with that that TFA and LAV are completely different from the get go and those were her first two albums....and TB and LAP have no link bar the same musical team....you know? Even ROL and Music which was considered its sequel were polar different to one another too...there is no real direct relationship with themes, music, genre, style and thats why i love her so much too...f-king LOVE heeeeeer :cool: and interesting you bring Kate there as possibly her first two get pitted against a bit but i dunno...there is no real direct link from Never For Ever through to 50 Words...no pairings to fire off of each other....with Britney funnily enough she has a similar vibe to Kylie too with her first two getting pitted, ITZ and Blackout also get pitted and Blackout and Circus have been in the past too....interesting really and it shwocases a natural progression rather than contrasting themes across them.

And yeah you are way way way more of a fan of KM than I anyhow :p but constructively speaking those are the three that have rocked my boat and will continue too whereas others may have highlights i cannot seem to listen to them in full for those reasons :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how do you mean with best and worst? confused to read there....but what i mean is none of Madonnas have been kinda paired off and pitted against in a chronological release order....there is no real link directly in order to pit two against comparatively really it always seems to be 12 albums blasted off together and seeing what the results are in fanbase, in commerciality, in critical analysis and fanbase analysis and longevity....I mean with that that TFA and LAV are completely different from the get go and those were her first two albums....and TB and LAP have no link bar the same musical team....you know? Even ROL and Music which was considered its sequel were polar different to one another too...there is no real direct relationship with themes, music, genre, style and thats why i love her so much too...f-king LOVE heeeeeer :cool: and interesting you bring Kate there as possibly her first two get pitted against a bit but i dunno...there is no real direct link from Never For Ever through to 50 Words...no pairings to fire off of each other....with Britney funnily enough she has a similar vibe to Kylie too with her first two getting pitted, ITZ and Blackout also get pitted and Blackout and Circus have been in the past too....interesting really and it shwocases a natural progression rather than contrasting themes across them.

And yeah you are way way way more of a fan of KM than I anyhow :p but constructively speaking those are the three that have rocked my boat and will continue too whereas others may have highlights i cannot seem to listen to them in full for those reasons :/

Sorry i meant that album such as LAP, MDN and MAdonna stand alone and MDNA stand swith two greats as the bad one :) But for me Madonna with the Disco undertones leads on to LAP the pop LEads onto tB and she nailed it and created a standalone piece in LAP and then I'm Bretahless but again Vogue with Shep lead to Erotica R&B of BS rejigged with ROL Electro/Techno onto music lead onto AL back to Dance on Confessions HC the R&B sequel MDNA stands alone thats how i see it anyway :)

And as big a Kate fan as i am i see the links if not always corresponding sounds her first two very similar. NFE transition more complex compositions and onto of the Fairlight which carried over and completely took away with on The Dreaming which without no HOL the perfect Kate album the pop of earlier records and then the experiments of The Dreaming. The Sensual World for em and the Kick with their idealism and romanticism are linked in taht way for me with Red only really being her only standalone. Aerial Hol and Snow linked completely Experimental suites the altter only missing a pop half :)

And so true i may like one over the other but i enjoy and admire for all different reasons. Thogugh Britney has been ousted for me by Katy im watching with bated breath and also Miss. Goulding Halcyon has me thinking we are yet to see the best of her whereas with Florence again shifted as i think after Ceremonials i see and know where she is going :)
    Forum Member
    ALso guys i wanna share this song by Chris Malinchak with you all...been on Radio 1 and seen it on TV a few times...but this is another jaaaam for SUmmer 2013 i have added :) so euphoric and gvies me the FEELS...check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcG9lpZV24&list=FLzfeTCdpFRPaiTQ8IFaCfhA&index=1

I like the sound of that song :D I just hope we get a decent summer this year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mornign All :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Went to a little gig last night at the 02 Academy, only because our friend's band was one of the acts...we didn't stay for the headliner :o they were only £6 though and we saw three bands in total...last one was not very good

Anyway I'm looking at tickets on various sites such as eBay and GetMeIn for Lana Del Rey tickets, though I'm not prepared to pay the prices that some people have put in for a ticket with a face value of £27! Some people putting it in for £150 :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Went to a little gig last night at the 02 Academy, only because our friend's band was one of the acts...we didn't stay for the headliner :o they were only £6 though and we saw three bands in total...last one was not very good

Anyway I'm looking at tickets on various sites such as eBay and GetMeIn for Lana Del Rey tickets, though I'm not prepared to pay the prices that some people have put in for a ticket with a face value of £27! Some people putting it in for £150 :eek:

Awe cool hope you had a great night Bad i love live music :)

And £150 is paying way over the odds i like her but not that much :o
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Awe cool hope you had a great night Bad i love live music :)

And £150 is paying way over the odds i like her but not that much :o

It was alright, more than anything it hyped me up for going back to see Blondie

I know, I would love to see her but I'm not paying those prices, I think a new law needs to be brought in regarding ticket resales because its so unfair for people who want to go
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »

Glad you enjoyed the gig! I have nothing booked for this year :(

Be careful when trying to buy tickets through eBay/Get Me In etc. It's worth remembering that extra tickets are usually made available on the certified ticket sites (ticketmaster, for instance) nearer the time. Also, keep checking back because so many people can't make it and get a refund so those tickets become available to others.
This discussion has been closed.