Options

what relation is patrick to denise

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
Forum Member
i have only recently got back into ee after a few years,and i am confused as to how patrick and denise are related,and is denise something to do with shirley,is there a family tree somewhere that shows the links of the famlies

Comments

• Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shirley was married to and had children by Kevin Wicks, (years back, left him to bring the kids up) who was then married to Denise. He died almost 2 years ago.

Patrick is no blood relation to Denise, although at one time they thought there was the possibility that he could have been her father. There was a mystery about 3 years back as to who her biological father is. That's when the two families became close. Can't remember who Denise's father turned out to be.
  • Options
    scizophonicscizophonic Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not related but she sort of sees him as a father figure. Shortly after Denise arrived she discovered Patrick had been in a band a band that her father was supposedly part of. Only two members of the band were still alive Patrick and a guy called Aubrey who was played by the guy from Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. Aubrey conned Denise by pretending he'd taken a paternity test when he hadn't and Patrick later told Denise he'd taken one and was her father but he too was lying. He came clean to Denise who went mad for a bit but came round and she has seen Patrick as family ever since.

Denise was married to Shirley's ex-husband Kevin Wicks who died in a car accident. Denise and Shirley used to have a frosty relationship but it's not so bad now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley was married to and had children by Kevin Wicks, who was married to Denise. He died almost 2 years ago.

Patrick is no blood relation to Denise, although at one time they thought there was the possibility that he could have been her father. There was a mystery about 3 years back as to who her biological father is. That's when the two families became close. Can't remember who Denise's father turned out to be.

It turned out to be neither of the two in question. Ie Patrick or Aubrey who was his brother I believe. So who Denise's father is is still a mystery, however Patrick sort of adopted her after the whole thing and Denise thinks of him as her father and he thinks of Denise as his daughter :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley was married to and had children by Kevin Wicks, (years back, left him to bring the kids up) who was then married to Denise. He died almost 2 years ago.

Denise's father must've been one of the dead members of that band. Were they called The Five Hectors?
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its all coming back to me now.

Cheers samj_namesake and scizophonic :)
  • Options
    kreed82kreed82 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It turned out to be neither of the two in question. Ie Patrick or Aubrey who was his brother I believe. So who Denise's father is is still a mystery, however Patrick sort of adopted her after the whole thing and Denise thinks of him as her father and he thinks of Denise as his daughter :)
    Wasnt patrick's brother aubery was actually a she and she was dr truman's mother
    Denise's father must've been one of the dead members of that band. Were they called The Five Hectors?
    And didnt her dad end up being jeffery from fresh prince of bel air?

The fact that they ever introduced a s/l that hinted that denise could be patrick's was such an insult..Its like they were saying its impossible for blacks to be on the square without being related
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kreed82 wrote: »
    Wasnt patrick's brother that was dr truman's motherAnd didnt her dad end up being jeffery from fresh prince of bel air?

LOL, that was AuDrey ;)

No he turned out not to be the dad either, thats why Patrick and Denise sort of adopted each other :)

ETA: But I might be wrong about AuBrey being Patricks brother. He might just have been a close friend :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, that was AuDrey ;)

No he turned out not to be the dad either, thats why Patrick and Denise sort of adopted each other :)

ETA: But I might be wrong about AuBrey being Patricks brother. He might just have been a close friend :confused:
    Aubrey was just a former bandmate. Don't think they were related.

Didn't Aubrey kiss Yolande?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought it was sweet how they formed a surrogate extended family.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very far-fetched when Denise discovered that her neighbour Patrick might be her father by pure coincidence, then it turned out he wasnt and he lied to her yet they moved in with him anyway. It was a bit unrealistic :confused:

I think it would have been better if Denise had joined the show as his long-lost daughter who had tracked him down and they were properly family.